Scifi game concept from obsidian

Prometheus

The title appears misleading since Skyrim refers to the engine used. The game concept seems plausible, and being a mostly cybernetic form probably helps mitigate the automatic weapon damage to some degree. I'm not so sure about the A.I. idea though, unless you can temporarily download those into robots.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

^^ It says the PC would be 90% human ... I don't know what the proper ratio must be to qualify for cyborg-ness. The whole game concept sounds pretty solid, though, I like it. Well, except for the title. 

Who is Jason Schreier and how does he have access to design documents from inside Obsidian ...

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

To go on a tangent.

I see 3 animated responses in this thread and I have no idea what the posters are trying to communicate.

Best guesses:

- get outta here, a laughable idea for a game

- kill it dead

- I'd rather play assasins creed

#2 is suicide maybe ? Or he wants to kill who cancelled this ?

I dunno, I don't get people these days.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

#2 is suicide maybe ? Or he wants to kill who cancelled this ?

I dunno, I don't get people these days.

Shoot him in the leg, maybe? Maybe.  :p

I'm not as upset about this as some other games I've heard about. Aliens and Snow White, I'd take over this.

Interesting concept. But I generally don't like the Bethesda sourced engines very much either.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Way too many interesting/intriguing ideas seem to get shelved in favor of mediocre/boring ones.  When I read about the various projects Obsidian has had canceled that looked interesting, and when I see some of the games that are on the market, I weep for the gaming industry.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's for the best. Now they can use the idea in a kickstarter. It will be a better game without Bethesda's ****ty engine.

With that scope and potential, it's hardly doable with mere few millions. Not for US devs anyway.

It's for the best. Now they can use the idea in a kickstarter. It will be a better game without Bethesda's ****ty engine.

With that scope and potential, it's hardly doable with mere few millions. Not for US devs anyway.

I didn't meant as a FPS. They could make a time-travel sci fi isometric RPG. I would prefer it that way.

But if what you wanted is "skyrim is space" then yes, that would need a publiser

Edited by Malekith

Unless you have around twenty millions in the bank that you want to invest in gaming, obsidian cannot do it without a publiser. No kickstarter game will ever manage to gather AAA badget

Oh I'm not saying it would, I'm just saying I'd pay Obsidian for some Skyrim in space  :dancing:

Edited by WDeranged

Unless you have around twenty millions in the bank that you want to invest in gaming, obsidian cannot do it without a publiser. No kickstarter game will ever manage to gather AAA badget

Oh I'm not saying it would, I'm just saying I'd pay Obsidian for some Skyrim in space  :dancing:

Would probably end up with Battlespire in space.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G