What you did today

Tale

Hmm, is it morally wrong to date someone 2/3's of your age? I'm honestly conflicted..

Around here it's "champagne time"

Lol, not sure what to make of that - but knowing you - something depraved and wonderfully decadent.

Hah, girl 10 years or more younger than me -> open up a bottle of Charles Heidsieck. :p
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hmm, is it morally wrong to date someone 2/3's of your age? I'm honestly conflicted..

My first thought was "of course not," but then I thought about what 2/3rd of my age was and it creeped me out.

As I recall, the accepted formula for this kind of thing that the partner must be at least (your age)/2 + 7.  So, solving for a 2/3 ratio, Ros must be at least 42 years old in order for this not to be creepy.  (Wow, it's been a long time since I've done algebra.  Somebody double-check me.) 

That said, "creepy" doesn't necessarily mean "morally wrong."  If the proposed partner is of sufficient temporal, emotional, and intellectual maturity that he or she knows what he or she is getting into, it's not morally wrong in my book. 

1/2x+ 7 = Y

Y= 2/3x

1/2x +7 = 2/3x

3/4x + 10.5 = x

1/4 x = 10.5

x= 42; Y = 28

Checks out.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Reading through a draft of a friends novel and making notes of potential editing issues and hopefully useful criticisms.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

As long as you're both legal age I don't see any serious issue. That said, for me personally, I do tend to find it kinda weird when one is, oh say, 75 and the other is 25. :disguise:

And as Hurlshot said, even outside of how mature they may seem/behave, sometimes if the other is below 20ish, they may not really know what they want yet (compared to the one who is a fair bit older), either from life or from relationships, and thus the couple may find themselves growing apart rather fast. But that can also happen to any couple, so I don't see it as a reason to not try.

:lol:  If he's 75 and she's 25 its quite obvious she's just waiting for him to die while she entertains herself with the pool boy!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1/2x+ 7 = Y

Y= 2/3x

1/2x +7 = 2/3x

3/4x + 10.5 = x

1/4 x = 10.5

x= 42; Y = 28

Checks out.

You guys are so funny. And I mean that in the best way. :lol:
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

:lol:  If he's 75 and she's 25 its quite obvious she's just waiting for him to die while she entertains herself with the pool boy!

I used to be a pool boy and I can confirm that some of the trophy wives are a bit forward.

Anyway Ros, I'd go for it. You only live once and all that, so doing what makes you happy is what you should do. Just back away if she ends up being too kinky.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Okay that video cracked  me up :lol:

Definitely that gets the BruceVC "funniest video of the week" award

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I believe the rule is generally half your age plus seven.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just back away if she ends up being too kinky.

Yeah.. sure..

tumblr_m09p3n380y1rogwyqo1_500.gif

robin-thicke-blurred-lines-t-i-pharrell-

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I love that .gif. I wouldn't say I find him super attractive, but Ryan Reynolds can definitely be adorable/funny with some of his expressions. :biggrin:

...felt kinda grey-blah today. It's just going to be one of those blah weeks I guess. Blahblahblah. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finally upgraded my Firefox to version 20 (I was still on 12 :p ), which was the last one I downloaded. I'm not ready to try 22, from what I read around the 'net. 20 seems upgrade enough for now, "looks/feels" the same GUI wise and my addons all still work with it. Uses a bit less memory and makes the Neverwinter Gateway site smoother, which was the main thing I was hoping for. :lol:

...yeah, I'm slow about these things. Everyone does updates so fast now tho ... feels like as soon as you D/L a new version, they have another one. I can't keep up. If it ain't broke...

1/2x+ 7 = Y

Y= 2/3x

1/2x +7 = 2/3x

3/4x + 10.5 = x

1/4 x = 10.5

x= 42; Y = 28

Checks out.

Anyone else feel like a stick insect who has just had the life and works of Albert Einstein explained to him?

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

1/2x+ 7 = Y

Y= 2/3x

1/2x +7 = 2/3x

3/4x + 10.5 = x

1/4 x = 10.5

x= 42; Y = 28

Checks out.

Anyone else feel like a stick insect who has just had the life and works of Albert Einstein explained to him?

Yip :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I used to know how to do that, but I have'nt actually used any of the math I learned in school. Like ever. There was one time, when I needed to calculate the exact lengths and dimensions for the pipes for a turbo exhaust manifold to achieve maximum efficience that I could've used those kind of maths.

Paid a jet engine engineer to make the calculations instead. >_>'

I know what the calculations are and mean, but I could possibly never do something similar myself.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I used to be able to do multiple simultaneous linear equations in my head. But then again I also used to be able to pull girls with nice smiles and well proportioned assets. :)

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Finally upgraded my Firefox to version 20 (I was still on 12 :p ), which was the last one I downloaded. I'm not ready to try 22, from what I read around the 'net. 20 seems upgrade enough for now, "looks/feels" the same GUI wise and my addons all still work with it. Uses a bit less memory and makes the Neverwinter Gateway site smoother, which was the main thing I was hoping for. :lol:

...yeah, I'm slow about these things. Everyone does updates so fast now tho ... feels like as soon as you D/L a new version, they have another one. I can't keep up. If it ain't broke...

Not a fan of them adopting Chrome's weird release scheme, but whatever. I'm on the nightly branch for some reason, so on version 24 right now, not noticing much different but it is nice to somewhat see in advance what they are planning/doing. And it has a cooler name - Aurora. :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I used to be able to do multiple simultaneous linear equations in my head. But then again I also used to be able to pull girls with nice smiles and well proportioned assets. :)

I've never been able to do either. :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1/2x+ 7 = Y

Y= 2/3x

1/2x +7 = 2/3x

3/4x + 10.5 = x

1/4 x = 10.5

x= 42; Y = 28

Checks out.

Yip :yes:

Oh its not that bad.  We're just trying to find the coordinates that the two linear equations intersect at.  Not like trying to explain the "Monty Hall Problem".  :)

I've never been able to do either. :p

I've only been able to do the maths. :(

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I used to know how to do that, but I have'nt actually used any of the math I learned in school. Like ever. There was one time, when I needed to calculate the exact lengths and dimensions for the pipes for a turbo exhaust manifold to achieve maximum efficience that I could've used those kind of maths.

I know what the calculations are and mean, but I could possibly never do something similar myself.

As my boss said regardings mathematics, "that's why we have secretaries". :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

As my boss said regardings mathematics, "that's why we have secretaries". :p

I used to work as a secretary. :unsure:

• Like 1

Oh its not that bad.  We're just trying to find the coordinates that the two linear equations intersect at.  Not like trying to explain the "Monty Hall Problem".  :)

Change door! =)

Yes, but you'll be surprised by the number of people who will argue against that. :)

Edited by Amentep