What you did today

Tale

Been outside for almost a week straight. Good company, exercice, fresh air, cold beer and beautiful women.. I think I might've stumbled on the recipie for happiness.

I dunno about the fresh air, I personally love the concrete jungle, but the rest of that does sound nice.

Going out with the GF and some of our friends tonight, so good company, cold beer, and beautiful women are definitely in. Possibly exercise if I play my cards right, if you know what I mean.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I dunno about the fresh air, I personally love the concrete jungle, but the rest of that does sound nice.

Going out with the GF and some of our friends tonight, so good company, cold beer, and beautiful women are definitely in. Possibly exercise if I play my cards right, if you know what I mean.

Oh, yeah, going running in the middle of the night is the only thing that works for me with this heat, so I can definetly sympathize.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2370988/Five-prison-officers-suspended-Lee-Rigby-murder-suspect-Michael-Adebolajo-loses-teeth-melee-Belmarsh-high-security-wing.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I'm sure you all remember that barbaric and horrific killing of that UK soldier, Lee Rigby,  that was hacked to death during the day by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale . Anyway one of the suspects Michael Adebolajo has claimed that prison staff has been roughing him up and knocked 2 of his teeth out?

Shame, poor baby. Its unbelievable the rights and justice that people expect in Western countries when they have absolutely no respect for the laws of those countries and are quite happy to commit the most horrendous crimes living in those countries. Can you imagine what would have happened to these 2 people if they had hacked a Russian or Chinese soldier to death and were living in those countries?

I would lose no sleep if either of these people had an " accident" in prison

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2370988/Five-prison-officers-suspended-Lee-Rigby-murder-suspect-Michael-Adebolajo-loses-teeth-melee-Belmarsh-high-security-wing.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I'm sure you all remember that barbaric and horrific killing of that UK soldier, Lee Rigby,  that was hacked to death during the day by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale . Anyway one of the suspects Michael Adebolajo has claimed that prison staff has been roughing him up and knocked 2 of his teeth out?

Shame, poor baby. Its unbelievable the rights and justice that people expect in Western countries when they have absolutely no respect for the laws of those countries and are quite happy to commit the most horrendous crimes living in those countries. Can you imagine what would have happened to these 2 people if they had hacked a Russian or Chinese soldier to death and were living in those countries?

IMO, you can't condone that sort of behavior by the staff, because it becomes endemic and soon EVERYONE is getting roughed up, not just the "truely dastardly ones"

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was a little high on nature when I wrote that (and no not the illegal kind). Now, with mild hangovers and sunburns I can tell my past-self to shut up like the damn hippie he is.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

IMO, you can't condone that sort of behavior by the staff, because it becomes endemic and soon EVERYONE is getting roughed up, not just the "truely dastardly ones"

I hear you Calax and I should see it like you do but I have to be honest I don't. What these 2 people did was a crime so barbaric that I feel no sympathy for them whatever happens to them in jail.

What frustrates and annoys me even more is that this is another case of people being welcomed to live in a Western country and having opportunities presented to them that they would never get in there own country and yet they turn against the country that embraced them. There are several Islamic fundamentalist groups in Africa that would welcome them if they really wanted to fight a war against the West, but no they chose an unarmed soft target and attack with the safety of numbers and hack him to death in broad daylight. So once again no sympathy at all from me

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

@Bruce

1) I agree the murder of Lee Rigby was the most repellent bull**** I've seen in a long while.

2) Maltreating high profile suspects undermines the case and any bastard who did so to satisfy a personal urge deserves to get hit in the face with the full weight of the law. I think most prison officers would agree.

3) However, knowing that Adebolajo is a (very very) violent offender I find it easier to believe that he was hard to manage and got injured while attempting to do a prison officer an injury

4) Adebolajo's lawyers would use any and all injuries to try and get their client acquitted.

5) I reserve judgement pending more facts

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

@Bruce

4) Adebolajo's lawyers would use any and all injuries to try and get their client acquitted.

If somehow that happens it would be an unprecedented travesty of justice.

But I do see the risk of them being mistreated in jail

John Milton 

If you think that's unprecedented, old boy...

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you think that's unprecedented, old boy...

Okay so maybe you can give me an example where a person killed someone in broad daylight with witnesses and admitted it and wasn't found guilty?

I know people can beat the legal system but not in these types of circumstances :skeptical:

John Milton 

Refinished an old rifle, only a few things are more fun than refinishing and repairing an old warhorse from 1896 and make her shoot and shine again.  Gives the craftsman and firearms enthusiast in me a feeling of deep satisfaction. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

They should invent some sort of quick trials for people who are caught in the act, the more it drags on the more pointless it gets. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

It doesn't need a special trial system. I think at least in the UK that it's rare to find a (criminal) lawyer who is prepared to sacrifice their professional chops for the sake of one case. Most barristers have at least one eye on becoming a QC. Getting Adebolajo off would prevent that.

~~

I mentioned that I'm back to the shop floor recently. It's less grand than I make it sound, but I was still pleased to be invited to one of my colleagues homes for Sunday lunch! At the same time we all got hacked off with the manager. To be fair, he is a genuinely good guy. But he was being bloody annoying today.

What I've learned today is that all the priorities and logic and language at the strategic end of the business... it is fundamentally meaningless to tactical front end employees. That's no disgrace to the front end guys. That's the reality of what makes them work hard and get through the day. And it's no disgrace to the higher end people either. ...Up to a point.

I say up to a point, because ultimately you get paid more. But that doesn't mean you are worth more, in abstract terms or (frankly) to the business.

I'm in danger of waffling for three or four hours. So I'm going to kick back and play Skyrim with a bottle of good ice-cold Portuguese green wine.

-Elwood Blues

It doesn't need a special trial system. I think at least in the UK that it's rare to find a (criminal) lawyer who is prepared to sacrifice their professional chops for the sake of one case. Most barristers have at least one eye on becoming a QC. Getting Adebolajo off would prevent that.

~~

I mentioned that I'm back to the shop floor recently. It's less grand than I make it sound, but I was still pleased to be invited to one of my colleagues homes for Sunday lunch! At the same time we all got hacked off with the manager. To be fair, he is a genuinely good guy. But he was being bloody annoying today.

What I've learned today is that all the priorities and logic and language at the strategic end of the business... it is fundamentally meaningless to tactical front end employees. That's no disgrace to the front end guys. That's the reality of what makes them work hard and get through the day. And it's no disgrace to the higher end people either. ...Up to a point.

I say up to a point, because ultimately you get paid more. But that doesn't mean you are worth more, in abstract terms or (frankly) to the business.

I'm in danger of waffling for three or four hours. So I'm going to kick back and play Skyrim with a bottle of good ice-cold Portuguese green wine.

Walsie I have never asked you this but what do you do for a living?

John Milton 

I eat room temperature yoghurt from a shoe.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

And we've established it involves sleep, animals and analogies. And now yoghurt. It's getting more and more kinky. o.o

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I went for a bike ride.  Went up Clark Hill for the first time this year (first time in a couple years), it's the beefiest climb in my area.  Probably about 8% or so average gradient, with a few parts around 10%.  I surprised myself in how easily I got over the climb, guess I'm not as out of shape as I thought.  I did another climb, Chestnut Hill, after that, a significant climb, but not as beefy as Clark Hill, and got over that without too much trouble.  I had one last climb on the way home and the previous climbs and the 90 degree heat caught up to me at that point.  I started to crack toward the top of that.  Luckily, the top of that climb was basically home.  Man, my legs are sore right now.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just got back from a bbq at a friends. Nice time, a gathering of folks who haven't managed to all meet up in a few months. A bunch of whom I used to actually go to school with. And the heat seems to be breaking a bit here.

Of course, it's always a bit disconcerting to be the sole single person there when everyone else is with a significant other, potentially a child along as well, or someone pregnant...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Watched the latest episode of Table Top, with the lovely Jeri Ryan, the fantastic Kari Wahlgren, and the awesome Wil Wheaton. Jeri and Wil are from Voyager and The Next Generation, of course, but it wasn't until I looked her up, that I realized where I have heard Kari's amazing voice. Here's a clue: 

"One of the quickest ways to make some coin in Skyrim is to clear out some of the wealthier homes of their valuables. If you're interested, I could point out a good place that could use a little housecleaning. What do you say?"

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

I spent yesterday lifting weights, jogging, cleaning out my house, and indulging the GF. Leah has nodded off and I'm going to play video games for a bit before joining her.

Just got back from a bbq at a friends. Nice time, a gathering of folks who haven't managed to all meet up in a few months. A bunch of whom I used to actually go to school with. And the heat seems to be breaking a bit here.

Of course, it's always a bit disconcerting to be the sole single person there when everyone else is with a significant other, potentially a child along as well, or someone pregnant...

If I wasn't currently in a relationship with a fine woman, I would harp on the freedom of being single and the glorious hedonism you can shamelessly indulge in. Of course if I did that, I would probably be beat with hard objects or not have sex for a week, so I won't.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I spent yesterday lifting weights, jogging,

Misread this as 'jiggling'.

-Elwood Blues

I'm off to Estonia

Wow, that's awesome

Whats the reason, business or pleasure and if pleasure why Estonia?

I'm very keen to get your feedback once you return as I've never been to any of the Baltic States :)

John Milton