What are you playing now?

That Xbox controller is awesome to play with, but the battery situation is ridiculous.  I take out the battery pack every time I am done with it since there doesn't seem to be any way to shut the controller off.  They couldn't put a power switch on the thing?

I've lost three Xbox 360 controllers. I hate them for that reason alone. If you simply look at them while your eyes tear up from allergies, they get a short. And then there was the one that had the battery pack become completely unrechargeable because I didn't play it for a while.

My Dualshock 3s are Gameboy levels of durable. Still have the original one I bought with no problem.

Anyway, still on Blood Dragon. Nearly done all the fortresses and about to get all the upgrades. I don't expect this to be a long game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I haven't used replaceable batteries in my controller since I first got my 360 a few years ago.  I have a rechargeable one, where I can play either cordless if it's fully charged, or play with the cord plugged in while it's re-charging.  I can't even fathom playing any other way.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Two more clan invites while playing Defiance.  Do these players get some sort of benefit by having a lot of people in their clan?  One guy was at something like 2000 EGO and invited me, despite the fact I was (at the time) barely over 200 EGO.  So it's not like he was inviting me for my experience/strength of my character.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It sux but the batteries in my Xbox controller are dead so I can't play Darksiders tonight ;(

There are no battery stores nearby? Maybe you could hook up a bag or two of potatoes ... :biggrin:

Well it was 8:30 pm when I realised my Xbox controller was dying a slow death, there are 24 hour garages that sell batteries but I thought I can just wait till the morning to get what I need :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm not sure if Defiance "level scales" or not.  And if it does, I'm not sure whose level it scales to when there's a whole bunch of human controlled characters fighting the same enemy.  Sometimes it's a cakewalk where I'm killing enemies after two or three shots, and sometimes it's like they're bullet sponges and I'm barely putting a dent in them after emptying my entire magazine.

That Xbox controller is awesome to play with, but the battery situation is ridiculous.  I take out the battery pack every time I am done with it since there doesn't seem to be any way to shut the controller off.  They couldn't put a power switch on the thing?

I don't like the way the battery pack sticks out of the back, interferes with my paws. Otherwise, I'd probably take it over the ps3 pad, but as it is, I prefer the latter.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I didn't even know 360 pads needed batteries.  I use a 3rd party 360 pad for my PC and it doesn't have a battery, as best as I can tell.  It just gets its power from the USB port.  Is this something 360 pads can't do when connected to the 360, or is my cheaper 3rd party pad just superior on that front?  I'm confused.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

MS make both wired and wireless versions. Naturally the latter can pair easily with the XB360, but requires an receiver to work with a PC (though they sell them bundled with the gamepad in the "for PC" branded packs). Further, there is an option to either use 2xAA batteries or a rechargeable proprietary battery pack with it.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

MS make both wired and wireless versions. Naturally the latter can pair easily with the XB360, but requires an receiver to work with a PC (though they sell them bundled with the gamepad in the "for PC" branded packs). Further, there is an option to either use 2xAA batteries or a rechargeable proprietary battery pack with it.

Okay, that makes sense.  A wireless controller doesn't generally make sense for a PC anyway since most people are going to be sitting close to the PC, rather than on a couch 10 feet away.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah I had the rechargeable pack and it won't charge anymore. Keeping it connected i a pain so I just burn through AA batteries... :sweat:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I went for rechargeable AAs from the get-go, but I don't use it for much (my XBox generally isn't for gaming, and until last week, the only PC game I preferred a gamepad for was Sleeping Dogs), so it's hard to get a gauge on longevity. Plus I got the glittery Eneloop batteries, they're so pretty (and bloody good).

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Okay, that makes sense.  A wireless controller doesn't generally make sense for a PC anyway since most people are going to be sitting close to the PC, rather than on a couch 10 feet away.

My husband would like to differ with you. ;) The whole purpose of the wireless PC controller is precisely so he can play a PC game on the big-screen TV whilst sitting with his feet up in the recliner with a cat on his lap and a beer on an endtable. Of course, he's not "most people." :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My husband would like to differ with you. ;) The whole purpose of the wireless PC controller is precisely so he can play a PC game on the big-screen TV whilst sitting with his feet up in the recliner with a cat on his lap and a beer on an endtable. Of course, he's not "most people." :biggrin:

I sit 3 feet away from my tower at my desk and still have all of my peripherals wireless. I just don't like having to deal with cords. They're annoying. >_<

To each their own. I have no issues with wires, plus wired controllers tend to be significantly cheaper, and I'm a cheapskate frugal like that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I sit 3 feet away from my tower at my desk and still have all of my peripherals wireless. I just don't like having to deal with cords. They're annoying. >_<

That's actually more reason to go wireless, a lot of crap with a lot of wires in close proximity is a recipe for trouble and indestructible knots.

I'm probably old fashioned. I have no wireless gadgets. I tried a wireless mouse a few years ago and it drove me nuts. I just don't feel properly "attached" to my PC if there are no cables (didn't help that it was a crappy mouse either) =]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That's actually more reason to go wireless, a lot of crap with a lot of wires in close proximity is a recipe for trouble and indestructible knots.

I don't know what kind of messy computer setup you have, but practically all the wires have always come out the back of all my tower setups (not to mention they're neatly zip-tied to avoid a mess) and the only wires coming out the front are whatever is plugged into USB ports, which 90% of the time is just my controller.  The only wires that come anywhere near my controller wire are the keyboard and trackball wires, but those are neatly funneled through the sliding drawer so there's no chance of tangling with the controller wire.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I don't know what kind of messy computer setup you have, but practically all the wires have always come out the back of all my tower setups (not to mention they're neatly zip-tied to avoid a mess) and the only wires coming out the front are whatever is plugged into USB ports, which 90% of the time is just my controller.  The only wires that come anywhere near my controller wire are the keyboard and trackball wires, but those are neatly funneled through the sliding drawer so there's no chance of tangling with the controller wire.

Yeah, even when I had everything wired, I never had a problem with wires getting tangled with each other. My desk was usually a mess so the mouse cable would get caught on everything else on the desk.

Wires are a beacon for small children.  They basically scream "pull me as hard as you can!"

That being said, it is pretty amazing to watch my 3 year old open up my tower face, push the CD button, put in his game, then close it up, then use the mouse to start the game.  He just figured it out one day when I was out of the room.

My mom still won't attempt to turn on a computer by herself.  She insists she's scared she might press the wrong button and "blow it up".  Apparently the PCs in my home growing up had a dual purpose as an explosive devise.

• Like 2