What you did today

Rosbjerg

No GD, a brunette with hazel eyes is really sexy.

Glad you got lucky though. Now all we need to do is find Wals a woman.

A sophisticated chap like Wals, it shouldn't be too hard. There's a biker bar in Covington where hookups between biker chicks and non-biker guys are common enough. The drinks are on me if we all split a plane ticket for him!

Hmmm, starting a "lil obsidianites slush fund" to pay for things like this might be a good idea.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well good to know she didn't murder you, GD. Canada Day, here, so a day off work which I've already wasted half of in bed, meh, regrettable.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A sophisticated chap like Wals, it shouldn't be too hard. There's a biker bar in Covington where hookups between biker chicks and non-biker guys are common enough. The drinks are on me if we all split a plane ticket for him!

Hmmm, starting a "lil obsidianites slush fund" to pay for things like this might be a good idea.

That's what we said when we all thought about getting mail order brides, but that idea also went nowhere.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Wait, what? When were we discussing mail order brides?

*thinks*

I wonder if mail order brides are subjected to normal UK distance selling directions? If so one could *ahem* return the article within one month.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's what we said when we all thought about getting mail order brides, but that idea also went nowhere.

:lol:  I think Oby can help us with that! You get a line on a Russian mail order bribe we'll get him to go check her out!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

He'd presumably accuse her of being a Hittite spy, and fire rockets at her.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Now, if there was a bar where tattooed lawyer and economist chicks hung out... :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Decided to celebrate the bad weather, so I cranked up the volume on some Bon Iver and Daughter, had steak n' veggies and enjoyed a good Port Wine (tawny of course). Then, in honour of GDs misadventure I texted and old flirt from my home town and we've planned to go out together in 2 weeks time. Should be fun.

Now, if there was a bar where tattooed lawyer and economist chicks hung out... :(

There's one here, Zef Side.. Happy Hour every friday.. Interesting place. Alot of the chicks from law and CBS (Copenhagen Buisness School) go there. Just fyi if you're ever in CHP. ;)

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Hitting the road tomorrow for work. I've got a meeting with a potential customer in Louisville, then it's back to Dyersburg for throughput testing on three more schools, then an e-meeting with my business partners on Friday. Busy busy. See you guys next weekend.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Watching a plethora of ants all swarming my cats waterbowl, with most of them essentially drowning themselves in the process, makes me feel better about my nothing-special human IQ.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If I was single, I would totally hit up that bar.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I went over my dad's so he could show me around.

I'll be house sitting for the next two weeks. I'm going to try getting away from video games and internet forums so I can focus on reading and writing.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Decided to celebrate the bad weather, so I cranked up the volume on some Bon Iver and Daughter, had steak n' veggies and enjoyed a good Port Wine (tawny of course). Then, in honour of GDs misadventure I texted and old flirt from my home town and we've planned to go out together in 2 weeks time. Should be fun.

There's one here, Zef Side.. Happy Hour every friday.. Interesting place. Alot of the chicks from law and CBS (Copenhagen Buisness School) go there. Just fyi if you're ever in CHP. ;)

I'm tattooing that on my hand, so that even if I'm unable to speak, i can still show it to the cabbie.

Haven't been to Copenhagen for a couple of years, it just moved back up on the priority list... ;)

Also, DWR'd my barbour (it's not a "proper" wax one, just a PU membrane one), so now reek of chemicals at work. idiot ball.

Edited by Nepenthe

Another long day, with a few missing/lost passengers. Kinda annoying.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Woke up on the early side this morning, battled with an attempt to drop back to sleep. It's got that clammy, pressured feel of waiting for a thunderstorm to kick off and I think that might be pushing the headache along that's grinding annoyingly on my forebrain...

Ah well. Cup of tea and a bit of random doodling around without getting overstressed...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Woke up on the early side this morning, battled with an attempt to drop back to sleep. It's got that clammy, pressured feel of waiting for a thunderstorm to kick off and I think that might be pushing the headache along that's grinding annoyingly on my forebrain...

Ah well. Cup of tea and a bit of random doodling around without getting overstressed...

Go and have a walk, you daft bugger.

-Elwood Blues

Read Ender's Game. Surprisingly really good. Should've read it years ago when I was actually recommended it.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Today - not for the first  time - I questioned the heritage, and intelligence of the persons responsible for the default formatting settings in Open Office. I further ventured to suggest that the man who set the indents in particular was a wart-flavoured newt rapist.

If I only I were this creative when not furious.

EDIT:

If you offer me a button to turn a line into bullet points, AND I PRESS THE BUTTON  then that is what should ****ing happen you colon-less freaks!

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Today - not for the first time - I questioned the heritage, and intelligence of the persons responsible for the default formatting settings in Open Office. I further ventured to suggest that the man who set the indents in particular was a wart-flavoured newt rapist.

If I only I were this creative when not furious.

EDIT:

If you offer me a button to turn a line into bullet points, AND I PRESS THE BUTTON then that is what should ****ing happen you colon-less freaks!

There's a reason it's called OpenOrifice... Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

Read Ender's Game. Surprisingly really good. Should've read it years ago when I was actually recommended it.

I'd recommend the whole Ender and Shadow series as well, although the rest of the Ender books are very different in tone while the Shadow series are more in keeping with the feel of Ender's Game.

Hubs had some painful dental work done, so he's lounging around the house all Mr. Grumps. ;)

Still on the bad thriller/horror film kick, again. A Hadyen Christensen one, this time. Something about power outages/vanishing on some street. 10 minutes in, I'm already chuckling. Heheh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hubs had some painful dental work done, so he's lounging around the house all Mr. Grumps. ;)

Still on the bad thriller/horror film kick, again. A Hadyen Christensen one, this time. Something about power outages/vanishing on some street. 10 minutes in, I'm already chuckling. Heheh.

Vanishing on 7th street - it was actually a cool enough idea, I got a little creeped out at the slenderman'ish shadows.. Too bad the acting and handling of the story was soooo bad.

It kinda felt like the screenwriters intelligent friend gave him a few pointers and then left him to fill the blanks.. with poo..

Fortune favors the bald.

I'd recommend the whole Ender and Shadow series as well, although the rest of the Ender books are very different in tone while the Shadow series are more in keeping with the feel of Ender's Game.

I loved Ender's Game and the Xenocide series for their takes on aliens that are so different humanity struggles to communicate with them.

Does the Shadows series keep on that?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."