What you did today

Rosbjerg

Met up with a significant ex of mine yesterday.

Have coined (in my head) the term 'legacy ex' to describe an ex whose qualities and features you still look for in others.

I'm stealing that.

I also had lunch with a young lady I'm eyeing. She's exceptionally hard to read, I'd hate to have to play poker against her. Poke her, heh...

• Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Met up with a significant ex of mine yesterday.

Have coined (in my head) the term 'legacy ex' to describe an ex whose qualities and features you still look for in others.

She had grey in her jet black hair. I felt like a mournful old codger, just for fancying her. :)

I hate seeing signs of aging in folks I know. It reminds me that I'm getting older too.

I like that term though. Legacy Ex.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I love it, it gives character .. My friends and are starting to grey and I think it looks great.

Legacy Ex.. Hmm, only by appearance for me so far, my first GF.. damn she was a looker.

Fortune favors the bald.

Ow. I repeat, Ow.

I have no bloody clue what I've done, but something on the left side of my back really isn't liking me at the moment. half my arm movements and any forward curvature of my spine sends joyful spasms of aches and pains along that side of my torso.

As your doctor I have to advise you that your symptoms are consistent with being eaten by a giant crab. I suggest you check in a mirror.

EDIT:

If we are agreed the term is good, maybe we could just shorten it to 'legacy'?

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got asked to do some tech support on the laptop belonging to one of my sister's friends.

They got talked into buying a flash-bang HP laptop via PC world a few weeks ago. Of course, then they didn't realise it didn't have  a cd/dvd drive, and all of their software drivers for the printer and router and wotnot they have at home.. are of course on CD.  And these folks are incredibly non-technically savvy.

Then I get into it, and for some reason, even though they paid the £30-40 to have it set up for them by PC World, and it's only a few weeks old.. it has a ridiculous amount of updates that should be done. Firmware, drivers, windows 8, a massive amount.

But they all hang. HP's auto updates, Windows Updates, they say they're downloading and installing, but they just hang. Then trying to get to systems controls to find out if there's anything odd.. and every time you click on anything there, the computer freezes.

So spending a few hours looking at that and trying to figure out what part of it is just Windows 8 annoyance and what's actually a problem. I am thoroughly even less-impressed with PC World then I already was. Which , actually, is kind of impressive by itself.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I agree with Wals, "Legacy Ex" doesn't roll off the tongue. I don't actually have a legacy, instead the range of women I'm interested in is very wide.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I tried to come up with some snappy coined combination of "Legacy Ex" but they all ended up sounding like I was trying to say "Leg Sex".

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I tried to come up with some snappy coined combination of "Legacy Ex" but they all ended up sounding like I was trying to say "Leg Sex".

Other than "Lex" nothing really works.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Legex ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Legex ?

Legex sounds like an ointment. And not one you'd want the people at the chemists to hear you buying.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

All kinds of must-do errands to do today...which is what happens when you keep putting off the "not-must-do" errands for too long. Just haven't wanted to deal with some stuff...

Probably have to go up to the city this weekend too. Maybe I can put that off a bit longer. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got my totally unoffical grade from my prof for the last CC class, another A-. So I should be able to get back into the "real" college and finish this blasted degree finally. Just have to dig out and re-do my appeal packet (it's on my other computer) and hand that in by the end of next month.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Nearly had a panic attack when I booted my pc up and suddenly got "cheksum error" followed by a "cannot detect operating system" messages...

After a bit managed to sort it out, something reset my bios to default factory, so I had to reset the raid and wotnot. But geez, that's always scary when that sort of thing happens.

Decided to let that stress go by blowing stuff up in Saints Row 3.

Every time I go out into the world, I marvel at how many people seem to have no idea how to properly park a car. It's not that hard, people. And of course, while walking back to my car at one point, a flying bird decided to poop-bomb me. Such is my life at the moment. :disguise:

Came home, changed shirt....one more thing to do, then I'm permanently home to flop.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Weirder night - haven't slept either, really need to start drinking coffee... Learned important lesson: Don't ask Ros what he has done, when he is in a sharing mood.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Oddball night, slept on and off, with weirder dreams. Don't drink coffee, it's generally uncivilised, going for the proper satisfaction of tea instead. Not worried about sharing, just the instinctive English ability to repress everything.. :shifty:

I don't drink coffee but did drink too much diet Dew, I'm not asleep yet and probably won't be for a while, last thing I ate was about 7 hours ago so after contemplating a bit about whether I should ask Ros not only what he has done but he will do and deciding "nah", I think I'm headed to the kitchen to make myself a boring sandwich. And possibly drink another diet Dew.

Guys some of you seem to battle falling asleep or have prolonged periods where you don't sleep well. I would like to ask a question?

Do you exercise regularly, I don't mean just a walk around the block but at least  40 minutes of intense cardio 3-4 times a week?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Running from the cops at the end ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I slept well, but when awoken by my alarm stared at it for a few minutes thinking, "oh yeah, I should set my alarm for tomorrow morning. I'm glad my alarm is reminding me to do that..." before I realized it was tomorrow morning (relatively speaking) and the alarm was actually going off to get me up, not reminding me to set it (like it ever does that).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I slept pretty well last night(after some intense of cardio) and am now enjoying a protein shake after hitting the gym.

I've never got why people drink coffee, that tastes like ass.

Edited by KaineParker