What you did today

Rosbjerg

Vanishing on 7th street - it was actually a cool enough idea, I got a little creeped out at the slenderman'ish shadows.. Too bad the acting and handling of the story was soooo bad.

It kinda felt like the screenwriters intelligent friend gave him a few pointers and then left him to fill the blanks.. with poo..

My first thought was of the Star Trek:OS episode where they find all the empty crew uniforms (except tiny piles of salt). My next thought was of the game Alan Wake. My current thought has been ... doesn't anyone know how to make torches, campfires, etc, or does it have to be electric light only? :p
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Applied for a new contract job (1 year) at the senior high school I went to. We'll see how it goes. My old employer also told me I'm welcome back for another contract year.

It's good to have options. I wont be as forgiving when we negotiate this time. Options, I love them.

I'll keep searching for other jobs in the mean time. Not working for a longer period of time is boring. I know it'll sound different when I don't have time to do what I want.

haha yeah exactly, I was literally yelling "THE GAS IS FLAMMABLE!! DON'T WASTE TIME KICKING.... Oh for christ sake.."

I had to turn it off after about 35 minutes. Maybe I'll try it again at 2am. These type of movies are often a little better then. ;)

Now to watch one that I'm sure even watching in the dark won't help ... Snow Beast. But I must see John Schneider in a terrible rubber monster movie!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Read Ender's Game. Surprisingly really good. Should've read it years ago when I was actually recommended it.

I'd recommend the whole Ender and Shadow series as well, although the rest of the Ender books are very different in tone while the Shadow series are more in keeping with the feel of Ender's Game.

I loved Ender's Game and the Xenocide series for their takes on aliens that are so different humanity struggles to communicate with them.

Does the Shadows series keep on that?

From what I read? No. The Shadow series is much more wiz bang actiony fun, mixed in with social messages in line with Card's personal views.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Checked my gmail account for the first time in weeks and realized that I had one unread mail from a month ago; turned out its not just one of those countless spam mails I forgot to delete but an auto message from my Nine Inch Nails abo about a freaking new album. 

Yes.

That might not sound so special to you unless YOU'RE A GODDAMN HYPER HUGE NINE INCH NAILS FANBOY LIKE ME!  :wowey:  :aiee:

And now excuse while I cry buckets of tears of joy. 

Album cover:

41c49051.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Today - not for the first  time - I questioned the heritage, and intelligence of the persons responsible for the default formatting settings in Open Office. I further ventured to suggest that the man who set the indents in particular was a wart-flavoured newt rapist.

If I only I were this creative when not furious.

EDIT:

If you offer me a button to turn a line into bullet points, AND I PRESS THE BUTTON  then that is what should ****ing happen you colon-less freaks!

Most all of the OO devs left the project to start Libre Office. I have it on my machine, but I cannot say whether there are now colons where you expect them. 

Edit: woops, I see your thread, now. 

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

When I was a teenager, I owned a ton of NIN albums, even obscure ones with like 3 songs on them.

Then I turned mellow or something.  Now I listen to Beck and Damien Rice.

I regard Beck as the David Bowie from the 90's, the man can tackle several genres with the same level of great talent. 

Also, Trent Reznor he said fist**** and won a Grammy ...and an Oscar...and a Golden Globe.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Woke up on the early side this morning, battled with an attempt to drop back to sleep. It's got that clammy, pressured feel of waiting for a thunderstorm to kick off and I think that might be pushing the headache along that's grinding annoyingly on my forebrain...

Ah well. Cup of tea and a bit of random doodling around without getting overstressed...

Go and have a walk wank, you daft bugger.

Fixed that for you. You guys know nothing about health.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Having a high-efficiency day, getting all sorts of stuff done that's been left undone for weeks. Of course, turns out the reason I haven't done any of these is because they aren't billable, so I'm now sweating for nothing. Oh, well. I'm sure it'll pass soon.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Slowly the freak out train be chuggin along, with me having to pack up and move at the end of the month. And technically I'll be "homeless" for about 6-10 hours (checkout is done from 7 am to 12 noon, and you don't get to check in until like 6ish pm).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Woke up on the early side this morning, battled with an attempt to drop back to sleep. It's got that clammy, pressured feel of waiting for a thunderstorm to kick off and I think that might be pushing the headache along that's grinding annoyingly on my forebrain...

Ah well. Cup of tea and a bit of random doodling around without getting overstressed...

Go and have a walk wank, you daft bugger.

Fixed that for you. You guys know nothing about health.

And I feel you are being rather too charitable about Raithe's wanking deficit.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My cats did about 252 cute things today. That is all.

Today - not for the first  time - I questioned the heritage, and intelligence of the persons responsible for the default formatting settings in Open Office. I further ventured to suggest that the man who set the indents in particular was a wart-flavoured newt rapist.

If I only I were this creative when not furious.

EDIT:

If you offer me a button to turn a line into bullet points, AND I PRESS THE BUTTON  then that is what should ****ing happen you colon-less freaks!

Most all of the OO devs left the project to start Libre Office. I have it on my machine, but I cannot say whether there are now colons where you expect them. 

Edit: woops, I see your thread, now. 

Thanks, and thanks also to the other offers I've had via PM.

Libre Office looks worth a try. Do you know what versions of Word and Excel it will save up to?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Another FNG at the office, still don't know who he is - though I suspect I should have gone across and say hello like most others, but eh. I guess the office will go out to the usual overpriced bar for drinks and work related conversation sometime this week as well, hm

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Another FNG at the office, still don't know who he is - though I suspect I should have gone across and say hello like most others, but eh. I guess the office will go out to the usual overpriced bar for drinks and work related conversation sometime this week as well, hm

Just a thought, but have you considered dressing up a bunch of homeless people and luring the entire office drinks outing into a sequence of dimly lit and increasingly baffling situations, culminating in a point where the bravest of them has to mud-wrestle Neil Gaiman for the key to a grating back into the streets above?

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

To be honest, not really. Though that does sound fun, even if me amassing a hobo gang is unlikely.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Then I turned mellow or something.  Now I listen to Beck and Damien Rice.

Thats called age related testosterone decline. Just kidding, music tastes change as life changes, happens.

What I did today is accidentally destroying my favorite shirt, wanted to scratch my back, riiiiip. And no, it wasn't even that tight! Maybe I can repair it but I doubt my novice sewing skills can unf*ck it.

Just buy a new shirt? Hah! Easier said than done, with all that hipster garbage replacing all the good fashion in stores buying clothes has become the search for the hay in the needle-stack.

She was the best thing out of Man of Steel. Had her pegged as other than German, though.

• Like 1

Antjie Traue's also good in Pandorum (which is I think her only other English language film).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

And alongside the shirt you also broke your avatar and had to replace that?

Antje Traue is not just super hot shes also a good actor you pinhead.