What are you playing now?

Dividing time between Rift and BL2, the latter in MP is kind of dull as my friend's Gunzerker just tears through everything pretty easily so most of the time I don't really have a chance to do any damage. Rift's about as fun as I remember, think I figured out what exactly I have to do for the most part and the invasion events, rifts are pretty fun (wonder why Blizzard hasn't carried over the PQ idea).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Alamur keeps delivering. The Siege of Tel Menshir (or however that's spelled) makes the Battle of Ostagar in Dragon Age look like a schoolyard fight.

The game is great fun in a sort of Saints Row 3-esque way.

I think you are in the parts that get better again. I found the game fun in the first part, getting stale when you got to the generic fantasy elf and human stuff and with the siege it becomes fun again as you mess with the winter court and how the court jester became king.

Did you enjoy the DLC?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I just can't bring myself to finish Alan Wake. I am constantly going from point A to point B while being attacked by hordes of enemies that look and feel the same. Besides, every time I decide to launch the game I see that sweet Fallout: NV icon winking at me.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I bought Antichamber on an impulse and used that as my break from Last of Us for yesterday.

Ended up playing it until 1:30 AM. I think that's a positive feeling. Sadly, I did beat it in those 5 hours.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I might try the NG+ that doesn't do anything else but buff numbers some other time :p

I still have Dark Souls sitting on my shelf waiting for its eventual turn. Though right now I'm trying to stay away from Souls series for a short while, unlearn everything about Demon's Souls so Dark Souls will feel that much more brutal.

Just don't play Pyro and it's brutal enough. :D

TLOU finally arrived. But i can barely lift my hands so playing will have to wait. :(

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Dividing time between Rift and BL2, the latter in MP is kind of dull as my friend's Gunzerker just tears through everything pretty easily so most of the time I don't really have a chance to do any damage. Rift's about as fun as I remember, think I figured out what exactly I have to do for the most part and the invasion events, rifts are pretty fun (wonder why Blizzard hasn't carried over the PQ idea).

I thought you weren't into MMO's? How good is Rift, since it went F2P I might jump in to try it out...

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Nah I've played a fair amount of them at this point (WoW, WAR, Rift, TOR). Rift is nice in that there's always something you can do and, at least for me, I don't find too grindy to open a rift or jump in with others to fight an invasion. The invasions they sure do make it hard for you to ignore a pack of strong mobs waltzing through quest killing fields or attacking hubs. Only really a problem if you end up like WAR (or TOR :p) was, with zones devoid of PCs :p

Haven't done any instances as of yet, I might as I have two friends playing off and on.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wanna play Last Light, so I started up Metro 2033, which I bought back in the holiday sales.

I'm not good at scary games, I can run around alone in the forest in the middle of the night - but put me in front of a keyboard and I'm a total wuss! This is why I play strategy...

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Wanna play Last Light, so I started up Metro 2033, which I bought back in the holiday sales.

I'm not good at scary games, I can run around alone in the forest in the middle of the night - but put me in front of a keyboard and I'm a total wuss! This is why I play strategy...

Metro 2033 is my favorite horror survival game, you get this real  sense of desperation during the game  and ammo becomes something you cherish when you find it. It only gets more tense, wait till you have to fight the mutated gorilla's  :w00t:

I haven't played Last Light but I intend to :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Is Metro 2033 that game where you can shoot gas masks of enemies ... BUT they don't die after that?

:biggrin: That sounds like a question you would ask Majek, but I am not sure. I don't remember that as part of the game. But I guess if it was you would say this was unrealistic?

I know you well :grin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm playing Beyond Good and Evil. I quit this game twice on the PC for various reasons and this time I tried it on the PS2. 

I'm struck by how damn good this game is. Sure, the gameplay isn't anything to write home about, but the visuals, world building, characters, even the story all of it good enough to send any recent AAA project to the trash heap of history.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Is Metro 2033 that game where you can shoot gas masks of enemies ... BUT they don't die after that?

No Idea, I just scream and shoot/hack until it stops moving..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Alamur keeps delivering. The Siege of Tel Menshir (or however that's spelled) makes the Battle of Ostagar in Dragon Age look like a schoolyard fight.

The game is great fun in a sort of Saints Row 3-esque way.

I think you are in the parts that get better again. I found the game fun in the first part, getting stale when you got to the generic fantasy elf and human stuff and with the siege it becomes fun again as you mess with the winter court and how the court jester became king.

Did you enjoy the DLC?

Liked them both, but in the pirate DLC the neverending Keep sidequests that net ~4,000 XP each time for almost zero effort are pretty cheap. I probably gained five levels there before I stopped.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I loved the keep. Or better put, I loved the idea of the keep. The XP and money though were crazy. Luckily I had completed the main quest before palying the DLC, so I already was overpowered and it didn't cheapen my gaming experience ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I played a bit of Dear Esther yesterday in between shifts without knowing anything about it.

My paranoia made that game a lot scarier than it should be. I kept expecting things to jump out at me, especially when I had the flashlight out.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

No real playtime today, just messing around in the already beaten Antichamber. I'm looking at my plate for the forseeable future. Currently doing The Last of Us, then have Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and Deadly Premonition. Shadowrun Returns will probably be out before I finish all three.

This was supposed to be the year I made progress on my backlog...

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just started a game of kings bounty crosswords. For those of you familiar, the items I equip to my "hero" help my troops overall in battle right since I can't directly control my hero in combat? It's been awhile since I played The Legends.

Broke down and bought Resident Evil Revelations for the 360.  I'm liking the story a lot so far, and the combat is pretty cool.  The scanning is a neat addition, though it might become repetitive later on.  Then again, I actually liked RE4 and RE5 when a lot of RE fans thought they were a sacrilege to the series.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

:biggrin: That sounds like a question you would ask Majek, but I am not sure. I don't remember that as part of the game. But I guess if it was you would say this was unrealistic?

I know you well :grin:

Annoying, not unrealistic. I don't  even understand all that immersion talk.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'm playing Beyond Good and Evil. I quit this game twice on the PC for various reasons and this time I tried it on the PS2. 

I'm struck by how damn good this game is. Sure, the gameplay isn't anything to write home about, but the visuals, world building, characters, even the story all of it good enough to send any recent AAA project to the trash heap of history.

It's my second favourite game.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Loved that game. Played it on the gamecube originally. I also bought the HD version for the PS3 a while ago but for some odd reason, you can't invert the vertical camera in the options. It made the experience somewhat annoying.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Beyond Good & Evil is a fantastic Zelda-like.  Realy good story, characters, atmosphere, and level layout.  So, of course it sold criminally poorly. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm playing through Saints Row III again; working on building myself up and hitting the bonus content/expansion stuff.  I forgot how goofy the game was. :)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's a shame Ubisoft isn't making/announcing Beyond Good & Evil 2. I'd be willing give the series another shot, see if they can move away from having Jade be a flawless space-Jesus with a whole cast of characters devoted to verbally jerking her off (except Pey'j and Double-H, those 2 characters had character)