Xbox 720 Reveal

Ahaha! Never gonna give ... never gonna give ... you up. Never gonna say goodbye! ;)

It is so strange, this turn of the tide. Not six months ago, MS was, more or less, inoffensive, with some big surprises up its sleeve ... and Sony was a pitiful hydra of worthless stock prices, in-fighting, too many SKU's, and unplayable versions of Skyrim. Now ... they're the scrappy underdog, sticking it to an empire. If this movement revitalizes Sony as a company, it will be thanks to us gamers. I'll take a new 4K TV, if you're listening, SCEA. :)    

All Stop. On Screen.

This...  This has to be a joke article...  or a gross misquote, right?   Right!?

On the subject of Xbox One sales and the growth of the market with the herald of next-gen formats, Mehdi continued, “Every generation, as you’ve probably heard, has grown approximately 30%. So this generation is about 300 million units. Most industry experts think the next generation will get upwards of about 400 million units. That’s if it’s a game console, over the next decade.

“We think you can go broader than a game console, that’s our aim, and you can go from 400 million to potentially upwards of a billion units. That’s how we’re thinking of the Xbox opportunity as we go forward.”

boozerface.0_standard_352.0.gif

Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif

I knew Microsoft were delusional, but to think they will shift anywhere from almost 3 times as many to nearly 7 times as many units as the 2 most successful consoles of all time (PS2 and DS)?  That's straight up absurd.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/17/xbox-boss-says-500-xbox-one-is-over-delivering-on-value-name/

"It's a lower number than some of the analysts had forecasted," Mattrick said. "We're over-delivering value against other choices, I think, consumers can get. Any modern product these days, you look at it [and] $499 isn't a ridiculous price point. We're delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think that they're going to love it when they use it."

don-mattrick-clapping-o.gif

So I can get an xbone for the same cost as a new iPad, thing is I can resell my old iPad for 75% of what I paid for it, and apply the profit toward buying a new iPad, making it a $125 upgrade. Not sure I can do the same with a busted old 360 at this point

Reggie is a cool Bronx lad and likes playing Donkey Kong.

Mattrick is a corporate facist douchebag who likes to destroy cool.

So no, these two gentlemen are not comparable.

Yes, but they both turned into memes.  Reggie because he uttered one of the most unintentionally hilarious lines in video game history (my body is ready) and Don because he is the corporate douchebag at the forefront of Failgate 2013.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This...  This has to be a joke article...  or a gross misquote, right?   Right!?

On the subject of Xbox One sales and the growth of the market with the herald of next-gen formats, Mehdi continued, “Every generation, as you’ve probably heard, has grown approximately 30%. So this generation is about 300 million units. Most industry experts think the next generation will get upwards of about 400 million units. That’s if it’s a game console, over the next decade.

“We think you can go broader than a game console, that’s our aim, and you can go from 400 million to potentially upwards of a billion units. That’s how we’re thinking of the Xbox opportunity as we go forward.”

I knew Microsoft were delusional, but to think they will shift anywhere from almost 3 times as many to nearly 7 times as many units as the 2 most successful consoles of all time (PS2 and DS)?  That's straight up absurd.

Maybe they can design them to Red Ring equivalent shortly after the warranty expires. Say a month or so after it expires when you have to log in for the day, it sends the signal to cook itself. Then you would have to buy a new unit to play (your?) games. That might help drive up Xbone sales.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Maybe they can design them to Red Ring equivalent shortly after the warranty expires. Say a month or so after it expires when you have to log in for the day, it sends the signal to cook itself. Then you would have to buy a new unit to play (your?) games. That might help drive up Xbone sales.

This is "next gen", they need to come up with something new.  How about Yellow Triangle of Despair?  Other than that, you plan sound right up Microsoft's alley.

Edit: Wait, wait , wait, wait, wait.  I got it.  Microsoft is way ahead of me.  Crash to Windows 7 Desktop is the new RRoD.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Or, as fantasy author Joe Abercrombie tweeted about DerpBoxOne...

New Xbox One feature announced! Unless it drinks your sweet, sweet blood once an hour it explodes, spraying the room with razor shrapnel!
  • Like 3

sonsofgygax.JPG

179783_10151481308971608_678690675_n.jpg

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call Sony "honorable" (in fact I sure as heck wouldn't), they saw Microsoft HERP DERP DERP DEEEEERRRRRP *slobber* and they made sure to point it out to everybody and laught at it while everyone laughed with them.  They basically "won" because they weren't completely incompetent and delusional.  Pretty funny and mostly accurate comparison otherwise.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Some people should know that, probably: http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/06/ps4-online-blocked-for-countries-without-a-store/

“Unfortunately at this time gamers in countries which do not have a Store cannot access online multi-player features. However, we are considering every measure to offer PlayStation Store services to these territories as soon as possible. To clarify, the affected territories are: Bahrain, Lebanon, Romania, Oman, Slovakia, Malta, Cyprus and Iceland.”

Some people should know that, probably: http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/06/ps4-online-blocked-for-countries-without-a-store/

“Unfortunately at this time gamers in countries which do not have a Store cannot access online multi-player features. However, we are considering every measure to offer PlayStation Store services to these territories as soon as possible. To clarify, the affected territories are: Bahrain, Lebanon, Romania, Oman, Slovakia, Malta, Cyprus and Iceland.”

Wait, what, Iceland!?

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

Giantbomb is reporting that Microsoft is reversing their DRM plans. I'm glad to hear this. It'll give them a better ability to compete this coming generation.

Edit: Oh, that Game Informer article is talking about the Giantbomb report.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console — there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

In before CliffyB twittering like a ****.