Xbox 720 Reveal

>xbox one will record all sounds in your home even while switched off

>kinect will use it's camera to record you while playing video games and forcibly pause the game when it cannot detect you

>xbox one will send the data to microsoft where they may share it with third parties

>xbox one requires you to connect to the internet and submit the recorded data atleast once every 24 hours or you will be unable to play your games

>microsoft has already agreed to send the collected data to the government when they request it

donmattrick.gif

"C'mon guys, get on with the times, be hip and all that"

>xbox one will record all sounds in your home even while switched off

>kinect will use it's camera to record you while playing video games and forcibly pause the game when it cannot detect you

>xbox one will send the data to microsoft where they may share it with third parties

>xbox one requires you to connect to the internet and submit the recorded data atleast once every 24 hours or you will be unable to play your games

>microsoft has already agreed to send the collected data to the government when they request it

George-Orwell-001.jpg

Its time for the man to say: "Told you so"

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Seriously, this is unacceptable. I wouldn't take that thing into my home if I found it by the roadside.

Will the PS4 do the same? Is their camera a part of the package?

How perverse, putting total surveillance into a toy. All the secret services of the world couldn't dream of this. Until now that is.

A campaign of awareness is needed, few parents will be aware of this when the kids are pulling on their sleeves and asking for it.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

So, what you're saying is, we must dissent ? (Wrong portrait, I know).

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know you're being tongue in cheek Bruce, but as a through and through PC Gamer, all of the "platform wars" have always irritated me.  I have zero beef if someone prefers to play on the console, and for some games (sports games, but also stuff like Arkham City) I usually prefer to play on the console just because it's a different environment and I get to leverage my beefy television.  The set up is also better for "gaming with an audience" than my computer is.

In any case, as a gamer in general, I want people to want to play games, regardless of what platforms those games may be for.

Was it always like this or did "platform wars" start with teh internetz?  I remember playing games with my buddies on my NES, then going to their house and playing on their Master System and we had fun.  I don't remember pulling out our console peens to compare who's was bigger. 

Here's a little somethin' somethin' I found on Destructiod.

http://www.destructoid.com/gamer-identity-fanboys-tradition-and-perspective-254457.phtml

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Because as far as download titles go, on PC you'll find many digital marketplaces competing for their share.

Let's compare the digital competition on Xbox. Okay, there's Xbox Live marketplace, and..... umm... can somebody help me out here?

You're buying a MICROSOFT console and then complain you have to deal with Microsoft?

Well, I have no mercy with you.

You pretty much know that when you buy the damn console. It's not like the Playstation has anything else than Sony. Or Apple with iSomething. You know that when you buy your box/station/pad.

Also interesting you only mention digital competition, like all retailers suddenly dissapear of the end of the world. Cause even before Steam, DOD, GOG and whatnot PC titles without used sales did do better price-wise and price-dropping than console sales.

This is basically due to a part of the cost of the game is license for MS and Sony, so forget ever finding them as cheap as PC games EVER, even if you could hook up X-Box to 120 different digital stores.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Seriously, this is unacceptable. I wouldn't take that thing into my home if I found it by the roadside.

How perverse, putting total surveillance into a toy. All the secret services of the world couldn't dream of this. Until now that is.

A campaign of awareness is needed, few parents will be aware of this when the kids are pulling on their sleeves and asking for it.

UFED Physical Analyzer allows "authorities" to know your movements around the globe for the past month, as all phones with gps store your gps coordinates in their memory for quite a long time. They'll simply take your phone and know exactly where and what you've been doing.

I'm just saying it's nothing new. You already have a surveillance in a toy.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

You're buying a MICROSOFT console and then complain you have to deal with Microsoft?

Well, I have no mercy with you.

OH NO, NOT IN THE FACE!

You pretty much know that when you buy the damn console. It's not like the Playstation has anything else than Sony. Or Apple with iSomething. You know that when you buy your box/station/pad.

And that is the reason why used market is a must on a closed system like a console if you want games to drop below $60 at a decent rate after release.

Also interesting you only mention digital competition, like all retailers suddenly dissapear of the end of the world. Cause even before Steam, DOD, GOG and whatnot PC titles without used sales did do better price-wise and price-dropping than console sales.

This is basically due to a part of the cost of the game is license for MS and Sony, so forget ever finding them as cheap as PC games EVER, even if you could hook up X-Box to 120 different digital stores.

I'm not denying any of this, but none of what you said actually confirms correlation between dropping used games on your system and getting better prices overall, which is what you initially strongly implied. It was the combination of digital distribution (which really decreases distribution costs to a point where $1 games bring profit) and free market that caused it, and if you haven't received the memo, Microsoft has put quite the half-assed effort on keeping their prices competitive, both on console digital market and PC.

And hey, Steam does not have the consistently best prices out-of-sale, but even many those prices manage to make GFWL store a god damn joke.

Singularity for 20€ and GFWL demands 50€

Far Cry 2 for 10€ while GFWL wants 30€

Arkham City for 30€ when it's 50€ on GFWL

Hunted: Demon's Forge 20€ -> 50€

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 20€ -> 50€

The list goes on. And on. And on.

Microsoft has all the legal right to charge what they want, but there is zero evidence that the prices will improve even a little if Xbone drops used games support altogether because Microsoft don't give a **** about transferring their savings to customers. Gaming being a lot more affordable on PC than consoles now as far as titles go? Trust me, the discrepancy is going to get whole lot bigger.

If they actually do smash the used games market this gen, what Microsoft is asking of each Xbone customer, is that they bend down and say "Please Microsoft, stuff that Mr Pricegouger deep inside me and screw me until I can't walk on 2 legs anymore"

Edit: And Sony is honestly debatably just a little better, but even in their case I'll give them a big "F U" if they do the same thing. Okay, PS+ is good value for money, and I can get both God of War PSP titles for 4€ each, but even then, PSP pretty much needed to die in the west for the prices to really come down. Many titles just kept hovering at the 40€ spot

Edited by Nordicus

UFED Physical Analyzer allows "authorities" to know your movements around the globe for the past month, as all phones with gps store your gps coordinates in their memory for quite a long time. They'll simply take your phone and know exactly where and what you've been doing.

Very true. And obviously everything on any PC is completely open to experts.

Still, a functional camera and mic that automatically send information you have no control over from your living room to god knows where is as Orwellian as it gets.

Very true. And obviously everything on any PC is completely open to experts.

Still, a functional camera and mic that automatically send information you have no control over from your living room to god knows where is as Orwellian as it gets.

And since the damn this isn't backwards compatible, I can't even do "Garrus, move up!" on it.

:ninja:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Since... the fact is; Certain companies (read: Gamestop) make MILLIONS(!) on second-hand sales. Let me just re-itterate that, they make millions of selling other people's work from one person to another. The developer (you know, those people who actually make your game) see nothing of that.

Isn't the point of businesses to make money? Is Gamestop doing something that any other secondhand market (eBay, used car lot, used book store, flea market) does - scale doesn't count (as Best Buy and the late Media Play both did used sales with less success so selling used games alone is not a winning model by necessity)?

I can't blame Microsoft or Sony that they make an end to this. I wouldn't like it if I worked hard on something and someone else cashes it in. And in this case being *very* successful at it.

I can't blame them for wanting to find a way to tap the market themselves. I can blame them for punishing the end user.

The only reason why I ever buy used games is availability, something that this move really won't address. It was also nice to be able to get rid of a game that you bought that ultimately you "played out" rather than have it sit in a box in your storage bin somewhere or throwing it away as there's nothing else to do with it.

It is, truly, not helping them any more than pirate a copy. Except the difference in this case being another party makes a lot of money (PC Pirates generally don't make millions of their business)... and... the consumers do show of a willingness to PAY for the product, something not seen with 'true' piracy.

This argument is fatuous. I see it being made over and over, but the situations aren't really similar since used game sales have an initial purchase, the question is about controlling the secondary market. Piracy doesn't have the first purchase, but "might" lead to sales in the primary/secondary market.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

After the Xbox One exclusives are shown at E3, the entire internet will be fapping to this console. #flip-flop #haters #gonna #hate

Only that the fapping will last just for a few days, then the hate returns. MS will counter this with waves of effective propaganda PR to keep the oversaturated masses excited till launch and beyond. It always works.

It's like that thing Edward Bernays was talking about.

• Like 1

This guy is the best.

260376.jpg

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

A patent taken out with Microsoft as the assignee (entity who owns the patent rights).  Want to guess where the Kinect is heading?  :getlost:

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=%2220120143693%22.PGNR.&OS=DN/20120143693&RS=DN/20120143693

Targeting Advertisements Based on Emotion

Abstract

A computer system, a computer-implemented method, and computer readable media configured to target advertisements based on emotional states are provided. Advertisers specify desired emotional states of users they intend to target with advertisements. Advertisers also provide emotional tags having the desired emotional state of users that should see the advertisements linked to the emotional tags. Online activities for users are obtained and processed to assign emotional states to the users. An advertisement engine selects advertisements that are emotionally compatible based on the assigned emotional states and the desired emotional states provided by the advertisers.

Edited by mute688

It'll be telling when everyone receives advertisements for lube.

• Like 3

"I don't know why people think we will be spying on them, the kinect really only listens for specific commands Bill Wahlberg of Erie, PA."

MS PR department.