And then it was cancelled.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Why don't you make your own MMO that has features like open PVP, complex PVE  and full loot penalties? It could be non-instanced and it should have several hundred end game options and\or raid challengers so that people don't get bored. I always get bored when I max my character level. I would support you with a subscription if you made this MMO?

You don't have to support me with a subscription if you give me 200+ million dollars to get the job done.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The Idris dungeon run in Ebon Downs is badass.  Tough, but not unfair.  The final room has some brutal pulls, where it's real easy to accidentally pull a massive group, which generally means death.  My great weapon fighter is fully specced for mass group damage, I really excelled in that dungeon, smashing up huge groups with massive sweeping strikes and AoE stop attacks.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I get a kick out of dumb***es losing their **** during PvP matches.  This is hardly a phenomena exclusive to Neverwinter, but regardless, I always chuckle at people going ballistic over stuff in a PvP match.  You get your astral diamonds win or lose.  I guess you get more (of the mostly worthless) glory if you win, but that's hardly worth losing your **** over.  I can understand getting pissed at AKFers, that's ****ed up (I play a great weapon fighter, and by all accounts, that's by far the weakest class in PvP, but I still do my best, I won't AFK during a PvP match, that's just weak.  Currently, rogues DOMINATE PvP, clerics don't do much but are hard to kill, wizards can do real damage if they cooperate with teammates, guardian fighters don't do much but are hard to kill, great weapon fighters are just screwed), but losing your **** over someone trying but not doing well, that's just stupid.  Heck, even losing your **** over AFKers is silly.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They must apparently have a lot of ego invested in their character. Interesting phenomenon.

I'm actually enjoying this game, something I thought I wouldn't (never really liked MMO's).

Fortune favors the bald.

Isn't this an open beta?  Doesn't that mean the characters will be wiped before release?

The characters getting wiped is a definite possibility, particularly if they tweak the skill trees.  If it happens, it happens.  I'm not super invested into my character anyway.  This is mostly a "trial run" to figure out how the game plays at different levels.

I'm up to level 40 and still having fun with my great weapon fighter.  My build is centered around doing damage to large groups of enemies at once, and high critical chance/high critical damage.  I'm currently at about 21% crit chance and +95% crit severity.  I'm sure rogues probably have higher crit chance, but I think that's pretty decent for a fighter.  I'll max this character out and wait to see what class is introduced next, as none of the other 4 current classes appeal to me.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Isn't this an open beta?  Doesn't that mean the characters will be wiped before release?

The characters getting wiped is a definite possibility, particularly if they tweak the skill trees.  If it happens, it happens.  I'm not super invested into my character anyway.  This is mostly a "trial run" to figure out how the game plays at different levels.

I'm up to level 40 and still having fun with my great weapon fighter.  My build is centered around doing damage to large groups of enemies at once, and high critical chance/high critical damage.  I'm currently at about 21% crit chance and +95% crit severity.  I'm sure rogues probably have higher crit chance, but I think that's pretty decent for a fighter.  I'll max this character out and wait to see what class is introduced next, as none of the other 4 current classes appeal to me.

Did you ever play the pen and paper game D&D and if so how are the rules in this MMO similar to that?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Did you ever play the pen and paper game D&D and if so how are the rules in this MMO similar to that?

Pretty much not at all similar.  It's EXTREMELY LOOSELY based on 4E D&D.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Pretty much not at all similar.  It's EXTREMELY LOOSELY based on 4E D&D.

Thx, I did mean to say the latest addition of the D&D ruleset

:)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Game definenitly needs more classes and gear options. Same classes look very similar even if they are from different races. Really need more varierity.

Some ranged characters like ranger/warlock. Melee control or tank like druid/spell mage/paladin. Or leader classes like warlord/bard.

It is funny when a MMORPG dont have a "XxLegolazzxZ" class :/

And some larger PvP battle areas which don't reward losers... Really got sick of afk "players" in arenas...

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Almost every pvp match I have been in every mmo I have played had afkers. Removing losing rewards solves nothing.

Oh, and I'm Sinikorppi@Sinikorppi... I think.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Up to level 8, and probably nearing the end of my run with this. If I were to damn this game with faint praise I'll say this: It's like TOR without the player characterisation. I tolerated TOR because the character interaction at least allowed me to feel some sense of ownership despite the bland gameplay - in Neverwinter everyone is interchangable, mere cardboard cutouts. It's interesting because right at the start, in the first dialogue of the game, you actually do have some reasonable dialogue choice, but it disappears, literally, after the next NPC line.

your approach was wrong from the very beginning, I'd say. if there's one game this reminds me of a lot it's NWN. basically it's a dungeon romp you can play with friends, and it has some very nice dungeons.

The other problem is mechanical. As a rogue I'm not even sneaky - it's neither encouraged or even possible to sneak around when stealth is just a 5 second duration "reposition in combat" ability.

that's not entirely true. he's not very sneaky at lv 8, but right now (lv 30) all I do is use stealth, there are abilities and feats that depend on stealth a lot (and regenerate its meter too)
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well, I pushed ahead to lvl 14 ... did that Foundry quest, started the professions. Explored the main town a bit more, and then went to go see how much real money = Zen/astral diamonds. I had to rely on forum posts because I didn't feel like signing up to something just to get that info :getlost: Seems rather inflated ... eg, $50 won't get you much of anything (maybe 5k-6k "astral diamonds?"). Which is sad, because I still want that cat companion and would've been willing to fork over a bit o' cash just to shorten the time, because that's how I am. But alas ...

NWO-0017.jpg

....those times-to-completion on professions are pretty insane, too, even taking into consideration the notion that if you were doing it yourself (vs. "hiring") it'd take time to do it.  And while the Foundry is great in some ways, for someone who likes to play alone, it's not quite as interesting as it might be. But that depends more on the players and what they design, not the developers. So yeah...there's a few things I still want to get to/try first, but then I'll probably hang this one up.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You can earn astral diamonds every day by doing quests for Rhix.  It will take a LONG time to get 980k, though.  I've earned close to 100k in all my playing so far.

I'm level 42 now, and I decided to stop wasting my ardent coins on any seals lower than the tippity top.  I'll wind up swapping any of the lower seal equip out after a few levels anyway, so why bother when I can find gear that's only slightly worse?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Astral diamonds are going at a rate of about 360ish per 1 Zen and you get 100 Zen for $1.

Also, you can only buy Zen in certain amounts but I think there is a 3000 Zen option for $30 bucks. Still pricey but you'll be able to get your cat right now, right now if that's what you want.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Hm. They must have changed the rates since March-ish then. People were whining that $50 got them 5300 astral diamonds which would barely buy certain mounts or something. Is there a page that lists the exchange rates/packages without first having to sign up for their zen membership or whatever it is? I couldn't find one on the "buy zen" page, but I often miss things like that.

And yeah, I know about the Foundry quest/1000 diamonds. But I'm not doing it once a day + other earning options for six months or a year for a companion. I was willing, once, to do a lot to get the flying mount in WoW...(which didn't actually take that long, relatively speaking) ... I don't think I'm willing to do it again. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You can earn free zen by doing surveys and completing offers (just be wary of anything that asks for your credit card # and use a secondary email that you don't care about getting spammed into oblivion).  I've earned roughly 750 zen so far.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, you can check in game

It's one of the little buttons an the top of the screen

Ah. I thought those would open up a browser/website or something. I'll check it out later, thanks.

Also ... can you use a direct CC, not PayPal? I'm not familiar with the other non-PayPal CC options they were listing...

,I still want that cat companion

Cat companion? Why would you want that, do you like Cats by any chance in RL?

:p

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Ah, I get it. Didn't realize players traded zen for astral diamonds. $30 still seems steep for a companion pet tho, as mentioned. :)

Reached lvl 16 ... that one quest for killing three Orc leaders finally did me in (died). Those tiny little spaces to fight in and a cranky dodge system. Thankfully they didn't make me do the whole dungeon bit over, just had to run back and kill the last leader who smote me down. So I could choose the newbie quest companion and chose the cleric, because I have no use for a dog. Haha!

...anyway, this is the first game where I find myself watching Netflix on one screen while standing around waiting for professions to finish their short tasks over and over...while also waiting for the hour to go by to invoke the gods and get free rough diamonds. Ah well...it's free. Maybe in a year I'll have a lvl 30 chr.

Still lvl 18, haven't played lately, and I think I'm under leveled, as new quests haven't shown up aside from small 50xp quests, most likely thanks to my rockman companion helping me beat plague tower too early

I think you can go to any area on the map you want, regardless of whether Sgt. Knox has sent you there already or not.  The areas marked in red are well above your level (i.e. not recommended), yellow is appropriate level or lower.  Also, you can always do some foundry quests or skirmishes to get yourself levelled up.

Currently I'm questing around Pirates Skyhold, but I'm starting to get too powerful for that area now.  I'll have to move on soon.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

...anyway, this is the first game where I find myself watching Netflix on one screen while standing around waiting for professions to finish their short tasks over and over...while also waiting for the hour to go by to invoke the gods and get free rough diamonds. Ah well...it's free. Maybe in a year I'll have a lvl 30 chr.

I'll save you

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

save you some time, that is.

what class are you playing as?

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.