but I haven't found much use for a mount yet (haven't even used those free rental icons). 

They really aren't particularly useful, but the worg mount is so freakin' cool looking.  8)

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The one time, charge use issue is an old one though. We tried to explain it to them during the Champions Online beta many moons ago before there ever was Perfect World involvement or a cash shop.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm getting a bit tired of two things: bosses/enemies whose attack is a knockdown (basically everyone bigger than a zombie lackey) every 5 seconds, and bosses with the constant adds. Even if it's not that difficult of a boss, the "spawn 3 grunt adds every 15 seconds" gets old ... they need different enemy tactics.

I can avoid some knockdowns, but doing the slide-dodge all the time + changing action micro-delays = you not doing much attacking (when you're solo), plus when it occurs in narrow hallways or small, low-roofed rooms the camera stuff becomes super annoying.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Did you ever play the pen and paper game D&D and if so how are the rules in this MMO similar to that?

Pretty much not at all similar.  It's EXTREMELY LOOSELY based on 4E D&D.

Really? First time I had a go of this yesterday and thought it was very similar to 4th ed. It was like playing 4th ed. I played a Trickster Rogue for 2 years in 4th ed pnp and the build in Neverwinter is pretty much the same right down to the same powers and dailies. I couldn't believe it. The Trickster Rogue is an OP build in pnp and it's nearly an exact copy of the build in this game. I'm really enjoying it.

Has the server been down for maintenance all afternoon for anyone else? Both the game and the gateway. Long maintenance ... wonder what they're doing.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What exploit? I'm trying to read their forums again but they're loading slower than a 200 year old human might walk.

Speaking of the forums, today I just learned you can turn off patching on demand. I'll have to do that because it was driving me nuts, every time I'd go into a new area it's 5 minutes of waiting for stupid patches/the server to respond.

Some people have been using an exploit to dupe millions of AD on the AH.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/336218166248218624

This bug was in the Closed Beta.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1ennb6/can_we_make_some_sort_of_official_thread_for_the/

Bugs that were known. Point 1 being a good example:

AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

Ah. Sometimes I'm glad I play solo (don't even trade, tho I do occasionally use an AH, if a game has one), for my own personal reasons ... none of that kind of stuff affects me. Well, except the inflated AH/diamond prices maybe, but I figured that was from people getting all those diamonds in the two founder packs and not much in the AH worth buying even if I had the diamonds.

I hope they don't end up rolling back everyone or something. I'd be rather ticked. Sounds like their support/service is jack, too.

Hubby will be asleep soon, so I hope they fix the game, because I'm going to have withdrawals.

...I told you it's probably not a good idea for me to play a MMO long enough to get "into" it. :disguise:

Yup. Probably not until after midnight, my time. Guess I'll take a nap. Or I could drive over to Cryptic Studios and gaze into their window with big sad game-nerd eyes.

• Like 1

Yeah ... and the usual account bans etc. Not too many hours and probably won't affect me much if at all, think I quit around 4:30am... sucks for those that played all morning tho. Ah well. I remember when WoW did rollbacks now and then too. 

Player-set MMO/online economies always suck before too long, imo....even without exploits.

What's the big deal over a few astral diamonds

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

That explains why I was back to lev 10 mailsmithing this morning.  Oh well, I only lost maybe a half hour of actual gameplay and will be back to lev 11 mailsmithing when I get back from work (I have several time consuming jobs running right now).

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It has virtual dollars bought with real ones ?. Not interested. It more or less automatically means that the non checkbook assisted playthough will be extremely grind heavy. I have only seen two screenshots but it feels like I played it obsessively for months and finally got disgusted with it and uninstalled.

Saves me some time anyway.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Warning: NSFW

Edit: @Gorgon - Actually it's been the opposite of grind heavy, from my experience.  I haven't had to grind a single area yet, and I'm lev 48.  If I do some Foundry quests then I wind up outlevelling areas.  In fact, I've skipped 2 entire areas because I was already too powerful for them by the time I got there.  I haven't bothed farming for gear because it's going to become obsolete in a couple of levels anyway.  I'll do some farming once I hit the level cap (lev 60).

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Ahh, level requirements for equipment was what made me lose interest in Borderlands. Every time you get something good it's obsolete 5 mins later. Completely takes away the excitement of a rare drop.

You have to wait untill you have more or less finished the game before you can really start playing it and be able to keep what you find.

That's just stupid.

• Like 2

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Ahh, level requirements for equipment was what made me lose interest in Borderlands. Every time you get something good it's obsolete 5 mins later. Completely takes away the excitement of a rare drop.

You have to wait untill you have more or less finished the game before you can really start playing it and be able to keep what you find.

That's just stupid.

Agreed, or at the very least rare items should be superior enough compared to standard drops to last you 10-15 levels.  In my experience, in Neverwinter they last 5 levels at best.  This is whay I won't bother farming until hitting level cap, there's just no point in it.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

What's the big deal over a few astral diamonds

The deal was billions of them generated for free.

The game was well on it's way to have cats as the only acceptable currency.

And all because devs wouldn't accept exploit reports or learn from the same mistake made in previous MMO.