I've noticed some people's spider mounts, when idle, would sway back and forth and mine didn't. I wondered why. Then I found out it must be when you hit lvl 50, because now mine does it. Got bigger too.

I still need gold to buy the occasional thing for all my alts profession gearing, so I haven't done the horse/AH thing. I seem to make a fair bit of AD as it is ... never enough of course, but it works. Goes in spurts. I still find the only use for AD, in my case, is trading for Zen. Generally seems like what I want (and how much of it I want), I'm better off trading for 300zen booster packs then spending multi-millions of AD on specific items one at a time. And the occasional lockbox key for the t. bars.

Edit: so many lvl 60 purples for super cheap on the AH, I've bought a few of those. Sitting in mailbox for when I'm 60.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

First half of patch went fast. Second half of patch going sllooow. Sigh.

...and on average I currently pull in about 175k-200k AD a week between all my Leadership's and the occasional AH'd prof. worker/other small items. More or less. I'm trying for 400k a week (eventually). Sadly there seems to be a built-in limit to how many of each type of prof. task you can have going at once. I don't know if it's a bug or what, but after starting 3 of the same diamond-generating task, that task disappears from the available list. :disguise:

But there's so many with 800, 1200 and 1600 per task (that can be done twice a day) that it doesn't matter too much. It is a bit irritating to buy zen in dribs and drabs from each alt but it all goes to the combined exchange account so no biggie.

....annnnnnnd now the patch is going even slowerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................(edit) and now I think it's stuck at 62%. Great.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Between the lucrative horse trade, the stuff I get from invoking my deity, the daily foundry runs I do every couple of days, minus what I spend on greater scrolls of identification, I should pull in 70k+ a week.  And that's before all the Leadership stuff I hope to get to in the near future.  Not bad for a single character.

:biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah....I'd do things differently if I was focused 90% on only one chr. Just one doesn't give me enough obsessive-task orientation, tho. Hardehar. ;)

I keep making new clvl 10 alts to create more workers (and nothing else), too, so I don't have to use up slots on the others just for that. I'm so sad. :lol:

Patch 66%....

Patch loaded. Going to take a bit to get used to all these new graphic icons. Blah. :)

My current fave farming instance for lvl3ish runes/enchants (meaning I never finish the quest/kill the guy at the end of it...) has been left alone, yay. Faster time for combining runes is the awesome.

My lvl27 panther used to do about 60-70 avg dmg. and 120-130ish crit dmg against lvl46 enemies. He now seems to average about 190-200 dmg. with 290-300+ crits. I assume they're crits. Could just be his pounce skill bonus for all I know. Anyway, it's better and he could kill a single mob dude on his own, but still slow so it's not much of a difference in a real fight. But he did pull aggro a tiny bit faster. And I don't think he did the below animation before when he pounced. He'd just crouch-land, not fall into a super arched-back pose. Kinda weird. Didn't test him on lvl27 enemies.

NWO-0075.jpg

Ooh, so the balance update is live?  I can't wait to try out my faster cooldowns on my GWF skills. :dancing:

Also, where are your pants?  Put on some pants! :p

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I got bored of the stupid chain mail armor look that almost never changes. :p

The bottom skirt of the Founder dress outfit flares up every time you go down steep hills/stairs...which was amusing for a while, but then I got bored of that too, heh. The game really needs more clothing options (that don't cost $16 in zen to buy). Just dyeing something doesn't do much for me.

NWO-0077.jpg

I got a kick out of capes getting stuck in a diagonally upward position when riding down a slope or stairs on a horse, but it got annoying after a while.  Plus, I don't have a cape (I wear regularly) anymore.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm wondering what y'all think about Deflection vs. Defense. Seems hard to get a lot of both, if you also want lots of Power, Life Steal and whatnot. So far I've been going with Defense and Life Steal on the Cleric (about 11% LS, 22% defense now).

Regeneration seems useless, especially for a Cleric...so Power/Defense/Life Steal with a bit of other things. Critical Strike is nice but don't seem to need it super high for cleric soloing (I have it at 16% at the moment).

My build is mostly focused on critical and life steal.  I've generally gone for more defense than deflection, but I honestly can't say which one I like better.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I've been going for defense because it helps with every single hit, where I think Deflection is only a chance of 50% dmg. reduction on a hit? Being solo with everyone hitting me-only (they almost never attack panther), the former seems more sensible? Altho I'd guess Deflection, when it procs, works well with the big red circle attacks.

Cleric's reached the point where with 4 Divine pips she hardly has to use the action-point Divine Powers. Only if completely mobbed or on the "bosses." Sunburst/Daunting Light/Healing Wards/Astral Seal/Sacred Flame. She takes a lot of dmg but heals for so much that most of the time she survives without needing a pot.

The bizarre camera swinging angles that can occur when close-targeting in narrow places still "mess" me up sometimes tho.

Oh NooOOooOO! Alchemy resources/assets? In prep for a new Profession for the upcoming new race/class? Just what my obsessiveness does not need. :lol:

NWO-0078.jpg

Oh NooOOooOO! Alchemy resources/assets? In prep for a new Profession for the upcoming new race/class? Just what my obsessiveness does not need. :lol:

NWO-0078.jpg

Micromanagement +1

:wowey:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

They're running some events over the next week celebrating the launch with a chance to pick up some unique goodies.  Hopefully unique means they actually look different besides having slightly different stats.  They're also dropping the prices on mounts & fashion and doing a sale over the next few days.  That with the 15% bonus Zen thing they have going on...  they're trying to lure me into plopping down some cash for that worg mount, aren't they.  Must resist...

Must resist...

Must resist...

Must...

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I got bored of the stupid chain mail armor look that almost never changes. :p

The bottom skirt of the Founder dress outfit flares up every time you go down steep hills/stairs...which was amusing for a while, but then I got bored of that too, heh. The game really needs more clothing options (that don't cost $16 in zen to buy). Just dyeing something doesn't do much for me.

NWO-0077.jpg

Your character looks like quite a hottie, nice one :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Must resist...

Must...

I saw that before I went to bed. Skill node farming for me all weekend! Enchant heaven! Don't really understand the special town under attack thing...is that a group thing?

....and tell me about it. At the least it's tempting to buy a few respec tokens each for a few chrs. and a whole bunch of preservation wards. Or just horde Zen from the bonus sale until they have something I really do want ... like a panther or white wolf mount (not worg...). ;)

....I'm still not spending $15 on a stupid dress, however. But if bags, profession packs and more actual services ever go on sale, I'd be in serious trouble. :lol:

Yeah....

NWO-0079a.jpg

...decided a lvl7 enchant/runestone is not worth the trouble. You'd spend oodles of diamonds/zen on either type of ward to get to the highest rank (lvl10?) - or lose oodles of enchants if you don't use wards. Lvl5 or maybe lvl6 is the highest I'd go, even with wards. Totally insane. I lost a lot more p. wards than in that pic, going from lvl4's...with the end result of 2 lvl7 enchants and some lvl 5's and 6's left over.

I'll stick to the professions.

My cleric is almost lvl53 now, wiping the PvE quest mobs around. Outside of the instance bosses w/their adds, it's almost boring. But I'm sure I'd suck duck in group dungeons.

Must resist...

Must resist...

Must resist...

Must...

Must...

"Resistance is futile"

320x240.jpg

Yeah, so I caved.  Picture in appropriate thread.  Still, that's less than $40 I've spent on this game and I've gotten some 60+ hours out of it (that's very much an estimate) so far.  Plus, I'm a worg rider now.  :dancing:

th_wolf.gif

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Heh, I was going to come in and ask if you've resisted temptation. :lol: I'm waiting for that Winter Wolf!

I did get my main Cleric to 54, and her panther to max lvl-30. His last skin is basically ... even darker. Finally close to black rather than purplish. Also, finally had to switch from Sunburst to Astral Shield since it's better in tighter quarters. I still prefer Sunburst (with its radius dmg. + knockback) but I wasn't giving up Healing Ward in the hotkey bar.

Strange how all the Lolth "bosses" are the easiest ones so far...I guess because of no adds. Some of the clusters of drow assassins/priestess were tougher than "Daughter of Lolth."

Yeah, I found driders clustered with priestesses and/or assasins to be the toughest fights in the parts where they roam.  In the last section of the Wispering Caverns mindflayer masterminds coupled with either a mindflayer infiltrator, scourge, or taskmaster, along with a generous helping of brain dogs (I forget what they're actually called) are brutally tough groups to deal with.

By the way, Baxter (my worg [i wish they would actually let you name your mount]) likes to be scratched behind the ear and enjoys a diet that includes a generous helping of full grown halflings, preferably caged and fattened up ones, not free range (the meat is much more tender that way).  Gnomes will do, but they're kind of gamey.  Dwarf meat is way too tough, and, frankly, not very flavorful.  Elves, well you don't get very much meat off an elf.  Humans are downright disgusting.  Orc meat, like dwarf meat, is much too tough and muscly. 

Edit:  There's a good chance I'll hit level 19 mailsmithing today, which means I think I'll be able to make a purple shirt if that special comes around (and I get my hands on a dragon egg).  I'll hit level 12 leadership either tomorrow or Monday sometime.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well, I'm glad I'm a skinny elf then....maybe he won't think it's worth the time to hunt me down! ;)

The highest prof. I have is lvl 17 tailor (almost 18). The rest of the non-Leader ones are about 16. Highest Leader is 15...which has been 15 for seemingly days. :lol: Getting close to 16 now. Other Leader's are between 10-13.

Also....if more quests were interconnecting/revisited throughout the game, like this guy's, it would be...a more interesting game to run through. But the early Linkletter stuff was the only time I felt interested in any chr/story aspect. The poor Linkletter's.

NWO-0080.jpg

I bought the Medium Worg as opposed to the Heavy Armored Worg because:

a) cheaper

b) the armor doesn't really do much for me, aesthetics wise

Eventually once the horse trade is giving me more AD than I know what to do with (it's already starting to pay good dividends), I'll upgrade the Worg to Rank 3.  It would be cool if I could keep the Medium Worg skin, rather than get the armor stuff, just get the speed/toughness upgrade.  As it is, the Rank 2 Medium Worg was a much better upgrade than I thought over my cheesy horse.  Not only is it faster (despite only a supposed 30% speed increase over the horse, it seems much faster), the combination of extra speed and toughness means I can ride past lev 60 groups and not get dismounted because I'm fast enough to get out of their range and tough enough not to get dismounted before I get out of their range.

Also, Baxter is awesome.  Sometimes when he's feeling playful, he'll lay down and let you rub his belly.  Just don't do it too much, though.  You might lose a hand.

LadyCrimson, when you get really close to lev 60, let me know and I'll give you some pointers I've learned about the Abberant Assault lev 60 skirmish and some of the Epic Dungeons.  Having everyone in a group who know what to do in end game dungeons/skirmishes makes all the difference.

Edit:  Also, I'll gladly group with you and help you do some of the Whispering Caverns quests and "solo" dungeons if you want.  That goes for anyone else here on Mindflayer shard too.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's probably going to be a little while yet before I hit 60. Wouldn't take long if I put the pedal to the metal, but every time I gain a level or two, I feel like I have to take a break from combat for a couple days. :lol:

I'm still not sure I'll be doing any dungeons/grouping. Really not my thing. I do occasionally like running randomly into others who need help where I might toss out some spells or heals as I pass by, but that's different.