Hehe, yeah, got all my Mimics early this morning too. I love the animation it has where treasure is falling out/being spit out everywhere as it hops behind you. :lol:

The scarf doesn't work as well on my DC's outfit, because it clips into the neck cawl of the armor. But it's still cool.

I decided to open a final 10-pack of lockboxes and got my 3rd Artifact from one. Which finally has my damage/healing rating over 9000 (gs 13850). The artifacts are the only thing I refine/level up (lesser Fey enchants from the Sharandar task work well). Won't bother making them Gold...Purple is good enough and will probably get me close to 14k GS. Everything solo is super easy now anyway. But that's why I think I'm pretty much done. It was a ton of time/work/AD to get one chr. to this point, for me, even when buying some Zen occasionally. Doing it again with another is ... not appealing. The alts can stay in their lvl 60/r5-enchant blue gear. :lol:

NWO-0201.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nope...stag didn't sell for the price most people want to ask for it. :lol: Time to undersell it.

Anyway, Keyrock, just tell me when's a good time/day to try to meet up in the game and I can trade you those diamonds. Assuming I can login. I'm getting a lot of server delay/timeouts this afternoon...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nope...stag didn't sell for the price most people want to ask for it. :lol: Time to undersell it.

Anyway, Keyrock, just tell me when's a good time/day to try to meet up in the game and I can trade you those diamonds. Assuming I can login. I'm getting a lot of server delay/timeouts this afternoon...

How about tomorrow around 6 PM EDT?  The festival will be over so that hopefully will mean that the server isn't so overloaded.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Let me know if you want a sparkling bow or sparkling scepter augmentation item (or both).  I knew I wouldn't have enough to get another fawn so I used up all my temp currency and bought those before the event ran out, figuring I could maybe at least get a few pennies in AH for them, but you can have them if they're useful to you (I didn't get the sparkling greatsword because I like the look of my big ol' mallet better, it will take a really cool looking great axe or halberd or something to get me to augment my weapon again).

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well...oops. Turns out I think you still can't trade AD directly. I could swear I saw it there in the window when messing with hubby but when asking around everyone says you can't. We can still try it but ... if it doesn't work then the only way is using the AH like the farmers do - you'd post a tiny heal pot or something else no one would want for 1-bid/2.2 million Buyout (AH cut) and I'd purchase it, sending the AD to your mailbox etc.

I'm fine with doing that....whatever you want.

We can do that.  When I get home I'll pick an item.  Maybe I'll post one of the augment items, either the bow or the scepter.  No one is going to buy either one of those for 2+ mil, and if they do, then so much the better.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

No one is going to buy either one of those for 2+ mil, and if they do, then so much the better.

lol...yeah...if a stranger wanted to pay that much for one of those...well, that's called taking the money and running. :lol:

So I'll check the AH for something by you in (my) mid-afternoon, then, unless you say something different.

No one is going to buy either one of those for 2+ mil, and if they do, then so much the better.

lol...yeah...if a stranger wanted to pay that much for one of those...well, that's called taking the money and running. :lol:

So I'll check the AH for something by you in (my) mid-afternoon, then, unless you say something different.

Cool.  I'll post here just before I log on and put the item up for sale.  Would you rather it's the bow or the scepter or no preference?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

LadyC, I got a hot tip for you.  There's a listing on AH for a Sparkling Scepter of Winter for a mere 2.2 million AD?  Can you believe it?  You should see the quality too!  The craftsmanship is unparalleled.  It's a steal at that price.  ;)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Thanks to LadyC, I now have a Blue Ribbon Pig GT3 RS Twin-Turbo.  I'm tempted to pull up next to people and challenge them to drag races.  The shady world of the Neverwinter illegal street racing scene.  :wowey:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

P2W! P2W!

post-46225-0-73819700-1389367029_thumb.jpg

Lol... Okay, I just teasing y'all now. :biggrin:

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

I still think anyone who truly believes NWO is P2W doesn't know what P2W really means. :p

...due to selling off some stuff, I was able to get a lot more blue and purple Leadership workers (they're really cheap right now) which makes tasks fly by .. and I still have 10 million AD. Now what. Turn it all into Zen and just let it sit there until they have some cool new stuff? Or I could just leave it alone...but such a habit to at least do Gateway, for the past 8+ months, hard to totally stop that, even when I don't need any AD. lol.

Too bad you can't take Zen out of a game server to another of their game servers. If you could, I'd try one or two of PW's other MMO's just for the lark.

I've never understood the big concern over p2w in an MMO setting.  If your intention in an MMO is to win, you are playing it wrong.  

I could see the concern if the MMO was highly PvP-centric, which Neverwinter is most certainly not.

Blue Ribbon Pig GT3 RS Twin Turbo:

http://youtu.be/_csuFoDvl5U

Look at those stubby little legs churn!

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Baconator! :lol:

...changed my main armor for stats, which was ugly, so then transmuted to something else, which is slightly better. I've been sticking to whitish/red/blck trim scheme, couldn't make it acceptably whitish with what I had and ended up with the below.

NWO-costume-01.jpg

But then I started to feel too much like Spiderwoman or something, so I scrounged a dye from an alt to make it all silvery, then black on top of that...now I can't decide where to have the red. I must have a bit of the red, it goes with my hair! These things are important, you know! ;( If I can't make this work, I have to start all over again. I'm leaning towards the middle one...

NWO-costume-02.jpg

• Like 1

I'd go with the middle or the right, I'd say the middle.  The one on the left is too black and white.

I still haven't found any color scheme to entice me out of my gold, red, and black scheme.

Edit:  Right now I'm saving up AD to upgrade my Ioun Stone of Allure to purple.  I'm more than 1/3 of the way there and it won't take too long.  It should match up nicely with when I finish all the other stuff in Dread Ring and am ready to do the Epic Dungeon (Assault on Valindra's Stronghold or whatever) in that area.  I expect it's the toughest Epic Dungeon yet as the one on Malabog was the toughest I had encountered previous.  The boss fight in the Malabog Epic was crazy.  Toward the end of the fight the amount of adds is ridiculous.  You have to mop them up quickly because many of them do AoEs and the amount of AoEs in the area can quickly escalate out of control making them almost impossible to avoid and avoid getting stun locked into oblivion.  It was the primary reason I went with an Elven Battle Enchantment on my armor (it lessens stun/slow duration).  Getting stun locked into oblivion is the #1 cause of death in Epic Dungeons in my experience.  Right now I only have a Lesser Elven Battle Enchantment, so the stun duration is only slightly lowered, but once I get it up to Greater or Perfect, I should be very difficult to stun me lock for long, which will help a lot.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Speaking of adds, maybe it's my imagination, but I've been feeling like one of the solo mini-dungeon quest bosses in the Dread Ring must be based on your gearscore. That is, the higher my GS has become, the more adds there are/faster they show, making it tougher when alone. The other two feel more static, but the one with ... Jawbone? ... keeps getting tougher because of more and more adds, making it difficult (hard to focus on the big-bad because if you don't kill the adds they overwhelm you etc). I started Dread Ring with maybe 11900 GS and Jawbone felt easy/never used a pot or Daily. I now have 14500 and I take a ton of damage, use a couple pots and a Daily and it keeps getting tougher. The other two solo thingies are more static.

Also ... are there any armor enchants that don't have a super fugly glow effect? I tried one once, hated the glow, took it off. Most of the glows I've seen around in Enclave are fugly too - most don't even seem to bother with one. They really need to make that visual optional.

So based on your last post, I took a look at that Elven Battle enchant and decided to experiment with it. Thankfully, its graphic is limited to glowy arm shield looking thingies, which is better than weird shifting glows that totally negate any armor dye job you spent time creating. >.>

Anyway, I bought a Lesser, thinking I'd level it up. Which I did, but then I realized I needed another Lesser to upgrade it, vs. only variations of marks. Didn't check, but I'm assuming now I'd need a 2nd "regular" version to upgrade it to Greater (or maybe 2 Lessers...). Then yet more to get it to Perfect. Not that I need a Greater/Perfect, personally - I was just experimenting.

But that was when I realized it's also that's way for the regular enchants too, once you get past r8. I guess r8 is as high as I'm going, then. There's no way I'm leveling up multiples to high levels just so I can create a single  r10. Ha.

The new system of upgrading enchantments is just ridiculous.  It's so needlessly complicated.  One of the arguments for it is that previously you had to carry around ungodly amounts of lesser enchantments with you in an effort to upgrade them, which clogged up your inventory.  While this is true, and I don't carry around all these lesser enchantments, I instead carry around ungodly amounts of refining stones which clog up my inventory.  Hence, this did NOTHING to solve that problem.  It seems like they made the system complicated simply for the sake of it being complicated.  Was there no one that said "guys, what are you doing, this is retarded" when they were testing this on the test server/shard?  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Going to close for length. Not sure it merits a new thread at the moment, but we/anyone can create a new thread next time we're in the mood to post a lot about the game. :lol: