LOL, I logged on and entered the game in the midst of an invasion with NOBODY else around me except a bunch of zombies and unhallowed wights.  I had to fight the whole army by myself.  Now THAT was fun.  It was crazy frantic.  Near the end I had 3 Unhallowed wights attacking me at the same time.

:aiee:

Oh, and 'grats on the mount.  :biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My Leadership assembly line has gotten rather profitable already, once I switched gears. Maybe 80-90AD a day. But it's also slowed down leveling the other professions to a crawl. I end up filling all slots w/Leader tasks instead, because I'm greedy. :biggrin:

Also, I ended up with something like 7 white dogs and (finally) 2 blues. What I'm supposed to do with that many I have no idea. Means I equipped the one I initially bought on the AH. I called him McCoy ... y'know ... Bones ....

Btw, Keyrock ... want a Col. Ward? I can mail you one.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Btw, Keyrock ... want a Col. Ward? I can mail you one.

Sure, if you really don't want it.  I'll save it for fusing something really good like several mid level enhancement slot enchantments into a greater or something.  It would seem like a waste using it one fusinf shards into lesser enhancement slot enchantments or fusing together some rank 6 enchantments.

I'm glad you finally got some blue dogs.  They're really not all that special or anything, but it's cool to get them anyway.  I have the one I got first bound to my character and the other one I'll trade to a future character if I make one that would stand to benefit more from an offense oriented companion moreso than my current GWF.  I'm not making another character until they come out with another class, though.  I just have no desire to play any of the other classes and I only have 2 character slots and have no plans to purchase any.  I see a guy up toward the very top of Protector's Enclave that sells bags of holding among other things "reward claims" or some such thing, but he's not selling anything at the moment.  Is there an event coming up that will drop things that I can use to buy from him?  I could really use a bag of holding.  My entire inventory is filled with enchantments and runes.

:wowey:

Edit:  Also, I'm extremely close to lev 20 mailsmithing.  I might reach it today.  If not, definitely tomorrow.  Got Rufus von Marrowstein up to lev 15.  Still no glowing skin.  10 levels to go to max him out.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

To mail to someone that's not yourself, you have to use the whole chr. name+account handle, right? With the spaces? Your name sucks for that. Just sayin'. ;) Not that my main Cleric's name is tons better ... I should change that someday.

So...alchemy not working on the Gateway yet ... glitch maybe ... boo. I saw a list on reddit from a test-server guy and a couple of the lvl 19 and 20 potions look pretty cool, and I guess a dye pack as special tasks. Other than that, seems rather weak. Weird way to level it up, too ... randomly do those experiment quests until you get the scrolls, get enough scrolls, do the one task that gives XP and insta-level. Still...I'll level it up on one chr. at least.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Haha, yeah.  My character's name doesn't make it easy for you.  I wanted a proper Orcish sounding name, not something like CrazyCuteGurl161 or ButterStick, thus Murzush Gro Ruhm.

In other news, I got to mailsmithing level 20!  Now I can make a purple shirt and purple pants for my character... once I get my hands on a couple dragon eggs.  As a nice side effect, that opened up another slot too, so I can do 6 jobs at once now.  I'm not particularly interested in alchemy.  What I'm excited for is weaponsmithing which will come with the first expansion.  With weaponsmithing I'll be able to make axes. 

:dancing:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I sent you a mail, hope I typed it right.  :p Wish there was a better mail confirm, like "no such user" if it's totally wrong.

I'm not particularly interested in alchemy.

No? The lvl 20 potion goes like this, according to the reddit I saw:

Level 20: Major Flask of Potency: Increases Crit Strike, Recovery, and power by 225. Crit severity by 7.5%. All for 1800 seconds.

:)  http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1g7skf/honey_i_shrank_myself/

Thing is the way it works, you can't see the potential potions in the 'high task' list, because they don't show up until you've done some of the other tasks and "discover" them. I'm sure they'll be on the AH tho ... for redonkulous prices... :) But yeah...overall it's not all that exciting, considering how long it'll take to get it to 20 for most people.

Thanks LadyCrimson I got the message and the wards.  :biggrin:

That potion is indeed nice, but I can only imagine the rare assets it will take to make it.  I'll probably still level alchemy up slowly, I'm just not focused on it.  Now that mailsmithing is maxed out I'll focus on leadership.

I guess I need to join a guild to do the Gauntlgrym stuff.  I just don't know how often I'll be up for a 90 minute commitment, even if it is split up into 3 parts.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I guess the new area is shut down for now anyway...some glitch that's really bad, even tho it only affects a small number of people. Hadn't heard about weaponsmithing, btw ... but weapon professions would definitely be cool.

Leadership - when not going for the early big diamond tasks, the lvl-13 "Patrol the Mines" (4 hrs) is a good to do over and over. Silver and a resource you'll want a lot of at level-17.

The "rewards claims" guy way up the stairs you mentioned earlier is for the Founder pack bonus item claims and/or other promo stuff. It's so if you want to discard any of the non-consumable items for any reason (like the clothes), you can go back and get it again if you want.

Raised Alchemy to lvl 5 on one toon, and decided it's a PITA. I'll level it up here and there to eventually get the dye packs, but gah ... all the potions you have to have to do the "experiments" that net you the scroll to do the level up task ... what a pain of constant material/potion tasks that you have to do. It's worse than making leather pelts/mass curing, I mean. A lot worse. So focusing on others and Leadership first.

Tailoring is now 19, leatherwork and platesmith 18.5. Highest Leadership now getting close to 17, most of the others are lvl14 in it. Man does it take forever, unless you want to spend oodles rushing the less-time tasks. :lol: Been buying up green and blue Leader workers when they show up cheap on the AH, and it helps a lot, but still.

Since I don't do the group stuff, I find once I reach 60, there's not much to do. Occasionally farm for mats if I feel like it. Make diamonds. That's about it. 3 chrs. are mid-30's, need to get another 3 chrs. to 30. Then I'm probably done doing any actual playing (eg, only the Gateway) until the new race/new craft.

@ LadyC and Keyrock ( and any others playing this MMO)

Have you guys been on any of the Foundry user created quests?

In this review they mention this and it sounds more challenging than normal quests

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10443-Neverwinter-Review-Welcome-to-D-D-Infinite

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

@ LadyC and Keyrock ( and any others playing this MMO)

Have you guys been on any of the Foundry user created quests?

In this review they mention this and it sounds more challenging than normal quests

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10443-Neverwinter-Review-Welcome-to-D-D-Infinite

I've played many foundry quests.  There is, as expected, a wild variation in both quality and difficulty between the various foundry quests available.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

^^ Pretty much what he said. Since players make the Foundry quests, the quality is going to vary from one extreme to another. Some people design quests to be EZ blast throughs just to do the daily quest requirement, others make crazy hard things with enemies placed in huge clumps really close together, etc. Some are meant for solo/2 playrs, some for 5, etc.

There's also apparently still quite a few limitations to the Foundry editor in terms of quest pathing, dialogue pathing, etc. I tried taking a quick peek at it once, and while it's sorta interesting, it doesn't appear to be anything as complex as, say, the Elder Scrolls editors.

• Like 1

^^ Pretty much what he said. Since players make the Foundry quests, the quality is going to vary from one extreme to another. Some people design quests to be EZ blast throughs just to do the daily quest requirement, others make crazy hard things with enemies placed in huge clumps really close together, etc. Some are meant for solo/2 playrs, some for 5, etc.

There's also apparently still quite a few limitations to the Foundry editor in terms of quest pathing, dialogue pathing, etc. I tried taking a quick peek at it once, and while it's sorta interesting, it doesn't appear to be anything as complex as, say, the Elder Scrolls editors.

LadyC you should spend some time learning the Foundry, then you create a complex  and multi-levelled dungeon where the players have to be really nice and assist groups of cats. If they are not polite to the cats then giant sabre-tooth cats materialize out of the air and attack them !!!

What do you think?  :unsure:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hah. :p

I have idly wondered, considering the love/hate of the chr./Drows, whether a Foundry series based on Drizzt and his buddies would go over well. Not directly from the books, but some adventure. I could even have two versions: one where the player could kill Drizzt in the end, and one where he helps you out. Or something. Covers both bases! ;)

...but these days I'm too lazy/unmotivated to likely even create a fast quest run like Bill's Tavern....

• Like 1

Someday I'm going to create a wholly Orc-centric foundry quest or quest series.  Like LadyC, I'm just too lazy to do it right now. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I notice a big (1GB) patchy patch downloading.  Is this fixing the Gauntlgrym stuff or is this adding something else?  Hmm.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The current guesses are a "pre-patching" of some of the stuff that's been coming up in the current test/preview shard content changes.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?365451-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529z-20

...they're nerfing Protect Caravan's reward (Leadership Task) and doubling the time for the Explore Local Area task. For cryin' out loud, how important. lol :rolleyes:

The current guesses are a "pre-patching" of some of the stuff that's been coming up in the current test/preview shard content changes.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?365451-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529z-20

...they're nerfing Protect Caravan's reward (Leadership Task) and doubling the time for the Explore Local Area task. For cryin' out loud, how important. lol :rolleyes:

****!  Protect Caravan is my go to jam for leadership tasks.  It gives you 200 AD, only takes 2 hours, and burns no resources.  Well, I better get as much of it in as I can before they nerf it.  There has to be more, though.  I mean just nerfing a couple of tasks can't possibly be 1 GB.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

You'll still get AD's from P. Caravan ... but not as many. Not that it was a lot to begin with. *rolleyes*

Did you read that whole forum post list? Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be more than just "fixing" some profession tasks. :lol:

Leadership lvl17, Deliver Metals task ... pays well and I have oodles and oodles of mining claims. Can't wait for the lvl20 one tho, with no materials needed. Tailoring at 20, the others all at 19.5, but stopped to focus more on Leadership on all alts, again. Most are 14/15 now.

Alchemy - seemingly, while you can make the dye packs from lvl7 on, how many you get is based on the quality of assets, like the armor stuff. Which is stupid. Max quality, get 6. Lesser, might get 1 or 4.

Also, from the screenshot thread:

I need dragon eggs. If I had 2 dragon eggs then I could make a purple shirt and purple pants.

Have you discovered if you can get them as drops at all? I have a few, but since they're still expensive on the AH I don't want to use them until I at least have a high chance of getting the T3 result (slot). Which will be a long time from now.

You'll still get AD's from P. Caravan ... but not as many. Not that it was a lot to begin with. *rolleyes*

Did you read that whole forum post list? Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be more than just "fixing" some profession tasks. :lol:

Leadership lvl17, Deliver Metals task ... pays well and I have oodles and oodles of mining claims. Can't wait for the lvl20 one tho, with no materials needed. Tailoring at 20, the others all at 19.5, but stopped to focus more on Leadership on all alts, again. Most are 14/15 now.

Alchemy - seemingly, while you can make the dye packs from lvl7 on, how many you get is based on the quality of assets, like the armor stuff. Which is stupid. Max quality, get 6. Lesser, might get 1 or 4.

Also, from the screenshot thread:

I need dragon eggs. If I had 2 dragon eggs then I could make a purple shirt and purple pants.

Have you discovered if you can get them as drops at all? I have a few, but since they're still expensive on the AH I don't want to use them until I at least have a high chance of getting the T3 result (slot). Which will be a long time from now.

There is a quest in the graveyard where you have a (undoubtedly super duper small) chance of getting one.  Otherwise, you have a (undoubtedly super duper small) chance of getting them in profession packs (which of course cost Zen).  I'll scoop some up in AH eventually.  Getting the Titan's Helmet is my first priority right now.  I'll likely wind up buying it from AH since running through Epic Spellplague again and again and again and again and ... doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.  I'm mostly burnt out on dungeon runs for a bit, except I want to do Castle Never, but that's the hardest one other than Gauntlgrym and it requires a massive time investment that I'm unlikely to be willing to commit to more than once or twice.  Luckily the horse trade is as lucrative as ever and I do still enjoy doing different foundry quests.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

That Titan Helm and chest piece is expensive on the AH ... relative to the other pieces which are cheap. That much price variation seems odd, since you'd need all of them for the whole set. Game economies can be strange.

I've burnt out on combat in general. All my alts. get to lvl30 then sit in the prayer circle of the Enclave and rarely budge ... my main Rogue has gained 8+ levels (just turned 40) doing nothing but picking her nose, haha. Gotta love a MMO that lets you do that.

I'm going to milk Protect Caravan for all its worth until they nerf it.  I've basically had 3 of those running concurrently for the last bunch of days at all times (except when I'm sleeping).  It's only 200 AD, but it only takes 2 hours and it doesn't cost any resources at all.  Easy 300 AD per hour.  I've pretty much given up on Alchemy for now.  It's just too much of a pain to level up.  I do want to get 3 professions up to lev 20 for the extra slot, so I started working on Tailoring.  I've already got Mailsmithing at 20, Leadership at 13, and Tailoring is up to 5.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So hadn't taken Rhix's Foundry quest with my Cleric for ages. I just checked and it's now up to needing 4 quests to do it. That's at least an hour for me, probably closer to 1.5 hours. Fark that daily commitment, doing it over and over. :p She's making 14-19k a day from Leadership+praying anyway.

So hadn't taken Rhix's Foundry quest with my Cleric for ages. I just checked and it's now up to needing 4 quests to do it. That's at least an hour for me, probably closer to 1.5 hours. Fark that daily commitment, doing it over and over. :p She's making 14-19k a day from Leadership+praying anyway.

It still works out to be the same thing, it's 4 quests for 4000 AD instead of 1 quest for 1000 AD.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I know, but you can't turn it in until you complete all four, right? Can't turn it in after one to get 1000?