I'll save you

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

save you some time, that is.

what class are you playing as?

Unless triggering stuff from a website shortens the time required for them to perform tasks, I don't see how it saves me any time. I've reached a point where most of the time it's too long anyway, so I just login, put up the new task, log out, come back an hour or six later. ... My higher lvl is the Cleric (19 now). I tried the 2H weapon fighter and the shield/sword fighter. Probably DEL again to try the mage.

If I felt like spending $200, I noticed you can be a "Founder" and get 2 million diamonds, a super panther, spider mount, and other such things in one big package. If you're really into the game, seems like that'd be a better deal then $30 for some zen to trade, occasionally. Not that I'm that into the game. It does feel more and more like a "dungeon crawl" game (for solo play I mean) and while that's always fun in small doses, I tend to prefer the more open, wandering rpg's. It's been nice to alternate between NWO and Path of Exile tho...keeps me from getting too bored of either, too fast. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I usually start several time consuming profession tasks before I go to work, then they're done when I get back.  It helps to have several slots so you can run a couple of lengthy tasks while also doing some shorter ones at the same time, or all lengthy ones, or whatever.  You will unlock another slot at lev 20.  I currently have 4 slots, so while the tasks take a long time, I can get a lot done.

I'm up to lev 46 and fighting in Icespire Peak.  You have to really be careful with pulls in that area as there are bunches of large groups precariously close to each other, and they respawn really quickly too.  If you're not careful, or unlucky, you can wind up fighting like a dozen or more at the same time, and that's a brutal fight no matter how good you are.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Unless triggering stuff from a website shortens the time required for them to perform tasks, I don't see how it saves me any time. I've reached a point where most of the time it's too long anyway, so I just login, put up the new task, log out, come back an hour or six later. ...

well, it's nice to be able to craft without having to log into the game. saves you *some* time, at least saves you some hassle :p

Cleric is the best solo class. it has great damage dealing abilities, it has some very powerful healing abilities. with another cleric as your companion you're virtually indestructible. Wizard is the toughest class to play in terms of controls, but it's probably the most fun class.

I have Cleric at 32 and Rogue at 36, and while Rogue I like a lot more, it's very tough to solo with, I go through health bottles like crazy. Cleric on the other hand is self-sufficient but a bit boring if playing with a group

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Great Weapon Fighter is relatively underpowered at lower levels.  I was constantly toward the bottom of the list in therms of DPS when groupling, which is concerning for a DPS class.  However, things turned around at about level 30, and my character has been climbing up the damage ranking when grouping.  At level 46 I'm dishing out pretty ruthless amounts of damage now.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Anyone else have trouble with the dodging mechanic? I get the double-tap idea and/or the shift key, but it doesn't work reliably. Half the time you double press or press shift+movement key, there's this long hesitation before you slide out of the way ... or if you're blocking, there's this long hesitation between taking your finger off the block key and being able to swing a sword again. And by long, I mean a second or two, which in combat is really long. It's highly annoying and equals one using a lot more potions as you're knocked down over and over and over instead of dodging out of the red circles.

Which is why I don't think I'd do well with the rogue class, who has to be nimble? :lol: The cleric is definitely the best for me so far. Tho if they fixed the dodging I might like one of the fighters ok.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anyone else have trouble with the dodging mechanic? I get the double-tap idea and/or the shift key, but it doesn't work reliably. Half the time you double press or press shift+movement key, there's this long hesitation before you slide out of the way ... or if you're blocking, there's this long hesitation between taking your finger off the block key and being able to swing a sword again. And by long, I mean a second or two, which in combat is really long. It's highly annoying and equals one using a lot more potions as you're knocked down over and over and over instead of dodging out of the red circles.

Which is why I don't think I'd do well with the rogue class, who has to be nimble? :lol: The cleric is definitely the best for me so far. Tho if they fixed the dodging I might like one of the fighters ok.

Huh, I didn't know everyone could do the double-tap slide, I thought that was a Tiefling racial feature. I think "recovery" influences how fast you can perform actions after doing certain things but I could be totally wrong about that. I know it takes my mage a second or two to begin casting again after performing the dodge maneuver.

I've had no trouble dodging (provided I have stamina left), I use my GFW's shift+movement sprint to get out of the way.  Any delay is small enough for me to work with, and I'm able to figure it in to my timing.  The best thing to do in my experiences is to go right through the character to get behind them, rather than trying to backpedal or go to either side. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I've thought it might be latency, but it happens at 3am + the rest of the game actions don't feel "behind". The Cleric hesitates a half second before she goes into that weird postured slide of hers. The shield/sword fighter drove me crazy because you end up either blocking constantly but not being able to attack effectively, or just being like the 2H fighter (eg no point in using block at all)

Btw, is there any point/advantage in raising a profession if you can't wear the results?

in other games crafting is usually the best way to make money, not sure if it's applicable to NWO, though. my highest profession is lvl 6 (leadership, and I use it strictly to make Astral Diamonds.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Btw, is there any point/advantage in raising a profession if you can't wear the results?

Sell the items made, get experience, goods, and astral diamonds (leadership), raise to a certain level to unlock extra slots.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I figured the items made via professions wouldn't sell for that much, considering anyone who levels them can make them. Maybe at first but if it's anything like WoW, that won't last too long. I haven't been terribly impressed with the Auction House listings I've seen.

I just realized that the $200 Founder's Pack panther companion is the actual one that I wanted ... the "cat" for the 1million astral diamonds is a tiny non-combat pet with passive bonuses. Which is cute too, but it's not the big black panther. ;( Also gives you 3 more chr. slots.

This is why I don't like/usually avoid pay-for-cool-stuff MMO's in general. I'm an obsessive type (yes, sometimes even when I'm not really 100% "into" something) so I'll end up wanting something, start thinking about spending too much money, then have to slap myself repeatedly in the face to try to prevent myself from actually doing it. 

My cheeks are getting pretty red this noontime. :cat:

don't feel too bad, you're one of the reasons games like this even exist ;) we should be thanking you

Walsingham said:

I'm trying to level up more so I can see if I think I'd even play the game more than another week or two, but I obviously have a discipline weakness for kittah related things ... which is why I had 9 cats once. Apparently it still applies when they're made out of pixels ... :disguise:

Note to self:

Step 1:  Make cat-centric game laden with crazy amounts of micro-transactions

Step 2:  "Accidentally" mention game to LadyCrimson

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

:dancing:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

:p ... at least I don't have any lawn-cat statues. Yet. 

LadyCrimson, you should join Team Rodent.  You know you want to.  Sleepy Rat compels you to join Team Rodent.  Heck, you already have an appropriate avatar.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I spent $30 for 3000 Zen, to see how far that would go (and I didn't mind idly being a sucker by giving them that amount). Not very far. I got one 24 slot backpack for 1000 Zen, "sold" 500 Zen for around 177k diamonds, bought some of those lockbox keys for 125 Zen each (nothing awesome came out of the 4 or 5 I opened), and am left with 1000 Zen. Haven't spent any astral diamonds and see nothing I'd care to spend them on without having several million of them.

I think character slots (if you don't feel like making multiple accounts) and bag space would be where I'd put micro-transactions. Those keys definitely aren't worth it unless you really want that horse ... but I had to try it a little. :p But yeah...it's pretty ridiculous how much money you could spend even if you only wanted inventory/bank space per chr. and extra chr. slots.

...still want the panther.

I spent $30 for 3000 Zen, to see how far that would go (and I didn't mind idly being a sucker by giving them that amount). Not very far. I got one 24 slot backpack for 1000 Zen, "sold" 500 Zen for around 177k diamonds, bought some of those lockbox keys for 125 Zen each (nothing awesome came out of the 4 or 5 I opened), and am left with 1000 Zen. Haven't spent any astral diamonds and see nothing I'd care to spend them on without having several million of them.

I think character slots (if you don't feel like making multiple accounts) and bag space would be where I'd put micro-transactions. Those keys definitely aren't worth it unless you really want that horse ... but I had to try it a little. :p But yeah...it's pretty ridiculous how much money you could spend even if you only wanted inventory/bank space per chr. and extra chr. slots.

Meh. The only thing worth buying for Zen is the freeform character slot in Champiosn Online. Besides that... nothing really. Especially nothing that has to do with keys for lockboxes ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It does make me wonder about the whole F2P w/micro-transactions thing tho, since that seems to be where much of the MMO is heading ... even if it starts out as subscription for a couple years. I mean, someone has to spend or F2P doesn't work.

It doesn't seem to me that subscription-based is the way to remain, since most don't want to commit to that these days, but F2P isn't ideal either, depending how it's done. Ah well.

fight the urge!

if I were to spend 200$ on that founder's pack it would be for the Drow playable character  :dancing:

Walsingham said:

The only things I might be willing to pay real money for is a worg mount and the noble finery casual clothes.  I can probably just take enought surveys and stuff to get enough for the clothing, I don't remember how much Zen (or if it even was Zen) I need for a worg mount.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Does anyone know what the max limit is to the mail inbox? I often use it to short-term store items (mail to another chr).

fight the urge!

if I were to spend 200$ on that founder's pack it would be for the Drow playable character  :dancing:

Yeah, the drow chr. was appealing too. But they'll be releasing a draw class for "everyone" later, even if it's not the "renegade" drow. Spider mount is neat, but I haven't found much use for a mount yet (haven't even used those free rental icons). Not like I have to travel insane distances, ala WoW. The main thing for me is whether I feel like the game is repeatable. Love going through it once but is it still fun to make a highish lvl a 2nd time, etc. I've played it enough hours now tho, and am still playing, that I didn't mind the $30 at least. I think of it as a really big tip. Undecided about anything else, still.

@Bok - I've wondered about the Honey Badger myself. I think they need more companion options, personally. Guess they added another human companion recently ... but I want more animal/non-human ones. Also, a healer companion that can get to companion-lvl 30. The limits are lame. Lesser companions should just do less dmg/have lesser abilities, not leveling limits.

Anyone buy the honey badger yet?

Yes, but I find myself using the standard cleric more often but I'm a squishy mage. It does nice damage though

EDIT- There are supposed to be books or something that can increase the rank of companions so that you will be able to get rank 1 (max level 15) to rank 3 (max level 30) but I don't think they are in yet. There is a similar setup for mounts and I think those books/tomes/whatever are already in with rank increasing the max speed

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

There are supposed to be books or something that can increase the rank of companions so that you will be able to get rank 1 (max level 15) to rank 3 (max level 30) but I don't think they are in yet. There is a similar setup for mounts and I think those books/tomes/whatever are already in with rank increasing the max speed

Yup...just another method to get impatient people to spend to get astral diamonds faster.

I'd have to agree with the general consensus on their forums that even if you're willing to spend cash, it's not that the real-money Zen prices are too high, it's that the costs of the things you can get for Zen/diamonds is too high. A lot more people might be willing to spend $5-$8 to get a decent mount or companion fast, say, but $20-40 is a bit much, especially for those things that are one-chr/use only.