RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I wonder about the price ticket of these Hollywood celebrities.

Purrrlease. It's Keifer. His career has been in a near death experience for almost 20 years, except for that series momentary boost. Nobody wants him. He's gonna do all the "acting" work in one week or so. All he can ask for this is 40-50k.

I think you may be mistaken.  He is a very busy actor.  His voice shows up in a ton of stuff too, he's got national commercial voiceovers and those pay bank.  That being said, I don't know what the going rate is for voicework in a video game, but I'm guessing he got the high end of it.

Purrrlease. It's Keifer. His career has been in a near death experience for almost 20 years, except for that series momentary boost. Nobody wants him. He's gonna do all the "acting" work in one week or so. All he can ask for this is 40-50k.

I think you may be mistaken.  He is a very busy actor.  His voice shows up in a ton of stuff too, he's got national commercial voiceovers and those pay bank.  That being said, I don't know what the going rate is for voicework in a video game, but I'm guessing he got the high end of it.

Voiceover pays bank when you're voicing Homer Simpson, making you irreplaceable. It can also pay if you're in a good relationship with the studio and you're voicing one of their big budget pictures. That's all the scenarios I know of.

He's replaceable. His voice can't be recognized, you won't hear "KEIFER SUTHERLAND AS A DONKEY" in a trailer because he's not Eddy Murphy, not even close. His voice is nothing, really, just like his acting.

The reason he does that is because it's quick pocket money and it's the only kind of job his agent can get him nowadays, cause quite honestly he's a low tier actor. I mean, if not for his father and his connections, Keifer would be the Michael Dudikoff of our times.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I think this game looks excellent and has huge potential. It seems like something really different :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

@Brent

What?

Kiefer's career is nowhere near death, he's a big-time name and he has done various voice roles.

Did he kill your cat or something?

Edited by C2B

Me likey.  That last, pure scenery, picture is straight up breathtaking:

Witcher3-2.jpg

I would love to have a high res version of that.  :yes:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Voiceover pays bank when you're voicing Homer Simpson, making you irreplaceable. It can also pay if you're in a good relationship with the studio and you're voicing one of their big budget pictures. That's all the scenarios I know of.

He's replaceable. His voice can't be recognized, you won't hear "KEIFER SUTHERLAND AS A DONKEY" in a trailer because he's not Eddy Murphy, not even close. His voice is nothing, really, just like his acting.

The reason he does that is because it's quick pocket money and it's the only kind of job his agent can get him nowadays, cause quite honestly he's a low tier actor. I mean, if not for his father and his connections, Keifer would be the Michael Dudikoff of our times.

Now you leave Kiefer alone, mister! He's good boy. You hear that? A good boy.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

@Brent

What?

Kiefer's career is nowhere near death, he's a big-time name and he has done various voice roles.

And not many men can carry 7 names

Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Vast, empty landscapes, complemented with lousy writing and an unsympathetic protagonist?

I'll pass.

Now, now, it's certainly worth $5 on Steam sale.

Naah, the man has his right to pass on it.

In fact people with horrible tastes should pass on the game

• Like 2

You really don't recognize his voice?

http://youtu.be/RwHMIxdDdu8

In fact people with horrible tastes should pass on the game

giggity, so The Witcher now is a mark of good taste?  :facepalm: I always thought it a mediocre RPG. what next, say that Mass Effect is the best RPG of the century? (oh, wait, that's Dragon Age)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

giggity, so The Witcher now is a mark of good taste?  :facepalm: I always thought it a mediocre RPG.

Not that liking Witcher (namely, Witcher 2) is a mark of good taste, but...

When a game has as many fleshed out, motivated characters as Witcher 2 does...

...a ton of plotlines that combine neatly together like Witcher 2 has...

...has choice and consequence affect both the story (and gameplay, but not the point right now) as much as Witcher 2's did...

Then yes, if you consider the writing of that game lousy, then I'll seriously question your taste.

Also, no use for "giggity", except if my anonymous face is so stunningly handsome that you can't control yourself

what next, say that Mass Effect is the best RPG of the century? (oh, wait, that's Dragon Age)

Nope, Chuck Testa Morrowind

as far as I can remember C&C in W2 was only a facade, it determined where you'd go in the second act (and was implemented badly in my opinion). also, fleshed out characters? a ton of plot lines? we played different witcher 2s it seems. my Witcher 2 was om par with Dragon Age in this regard.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

You really don't recognize his voice?

http://youtu.be/RwHMIxdDdu8

Flash news. Only low tier cheap actors do commercials, especially the ones where you don't see the actor's face.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

He killed mine. Apparently it was part of a terrorist conspiracy. Or maybe all the moles in CTU have given him an irrational hatred of animals.

(have to admit I cannot recall his voice acting in any game, and I'd think I'd recognise his voice as it's pretty distinctive)

New screenshots and information on The Shadow Sun, release coming soon

http://www.ossianstudios.com/tss

It's such a shame they weren't allowed to make more NWN2 campaigns. I really enjoyed Westgate, they did a great job of making the world take note of where you invested skill points and all the compaions had backstories that interwove with each other and the main plot.

This fact alone should make Ossian's first IP worthy of closer inspection.

Flash news. Only low tier cheap actors do commercials, especially the ones where you don't see the actor's face.

Like Morgan Freeman

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Using mr sutherlands IMDB page we have him as

Sgt Roebuck in Call of Duty World at War

General WR Monger from Monsters Vs Aliens

Raistlin in a Dragonlance movie

and Bosco in Marmaduke

Although it is pretty sparce as a page... but you can attribute that to having a 13 year tv show that he's a part of.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.