What's going on in Boston?

Blarghagh

What were their motivations? (the ones in Canada)

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Who knows, they're not Canadian, here for University. I guess they're just the generic 'kill the infidel' types.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1) Doing a drill at a live event is best practice. Plus they might have found something, with better luck.

2) If you're going to start reading sinister subtexts into a drill coinciding with an event, then I heartily recommend you spend a couple of hours reading up on conspiracy and never sleep again. You deserve every misfortune accruing to the full retard.

3) The Canadian situation looks like it was a group planning on targeting a train. This has been done before by (apparently) Chechen related groups in Russia.

4) The halfwits engaged in terror tend to get fixated by 'bright ideas' so we can expect one or two more attacks in the same vein  as the train bombing and marathon bombing before they distracted by a shiny object or their own tails or something.

5) If anyone hasn't watched 'Four Lions' yet, then you really have to.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Twitter hacking is all the rage, it seems.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"The Arabians need to learn that they can't keep comin' over here and blowing stuff up. Let's set off a couple of nukes in Islamabad, burn down Prague, then bomb the heck out of Tehran. We need to show them that we mean business."

You can tell the article is fake because I doubt Sarah Palin even knows the names of that many places.  :p

• Like 4

I like that people are arguing about it in the comments as if it was a real story

I still thought it was real in the first few paragraphs. :S

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Overplayed their hand

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To be fair, the last time i was in New York, some of the locals wondered if "Finland" was a suburb in Paris, France. 

Maybe i just look french.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

To be fair, the last time i was in New York, some of the locals wondered if "Finland" was a suburb in Paris, France. 

Yeah, you wish, frostback. :p

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Maybe i just look french.

Serves you right for not ordering liberty fries

Great solution:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/26/us-bulletproof-uniforms-gun-control

Just like a seatbelt. Really.

Other people might see it as a band-aid on an amputation.

No, what they need is power armor.

Christ what a culture of fear mongering and paranoia. There's a significant chance of being murdered every day of the year if you're a Serb in Kosovo and no one wears bulletproof vests.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Sounds like a great idea if you happen to be a manufacturer of bullet proof vests. :skeptical:

EDIT:

To prove I'm not a naysaying ninny, my concept for child defence is to have them trained at an early age to combine like Voltron, leaping on each others' shoulders. Every classroom would contain a suit of 9 ft tall samurai style armour and a 12 ft halberd. In this way they would be harmless unless motivated to act as one.

Any children deemed too weak to form the collective warrior will be assigned to playing drums and synthesisers.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 3

-Elwood Blues

...my concept for child defence is to have them trained at an early age to combine like Voltron, leaping on each others' shoulders. Every classroom would contain a suit of 9 ft tall samurai style armour and a 12 ft halberd. In this way they would be harmless unless motivated to act as one.

Any children deemed too weak to form the collective warrior will be assigned to playing drums and synthesisers.

That may be the greatest idea Ive ever read.

I don't think they even understand how perverse that sounds to the rest of the world.

Doubt they really care, I'd imagine. Bunch of people that sneer anyway, sneer again. Wonder how much of a 'thing' it is, anyway, like the parachutes for workers after 9/11 - I don't believe that really went widespread. But Guardian needs ammo.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great idea if you happen to be a manufacturer of bullet proof vests. :skeptical:

EDIT:

To prove I'm not a naysaying ninny, my concept for child defence is to have them trained at an early age to combine like Voltron, leaping on each others' shoulders. Every classroom would contain a suit of 9 ft tall samurai style armour and a 12 ft halberd. In this way they would be harmless unless motivated to act as one.

**** YES

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

EDIT:

You're forgetting that at least one student in each class would take up the role of singer for the Power Ballad.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dog bites his masters hand. :rolleyes:

:huh:  They were never our "dogs" to begin with. I blame the Immigration Reform Act of 1965 and the modern LibProg Democrat Party.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Next time you hear a sap story about how evil Russians did this or that to some poor totally innocent Chechens, remember this woman and have some healthy scepticism. Because this story is completely typical, we see it all the time.

Edited by Fighter