RANDOM VIDEA GAME NEWS!

Rosbjerg

PS4 controller sounds a lot like the OUYA controller, if it really does have the general shape of the DualShock but a touchpad where start and select are then that's virtually the same.

Sony would be foolish to have 4GB when Microsoft has 8GB, it's always the first to go when cost cutting but memory makes such a difference. If Sony are going for a more advanced GPU they're obviously going for a later release date. Since they're produced around the same time for around the same cost they're probably going to be similar enough that software is going to be the difference, with the PS3 performance often suffered as developers got to grips with the hardware, but that won't be the case this time. I can't see much effort spent on making multi-platform releases better on the Playstation, because they'll be negligible to the consumer anyway.

Any news on how games are loaded? One of the reasons I mainly gamed on PC since 2000 is that loading times on consoles are so slow, if I use my SSD there are no loading times, and most games on my HDD are really fast. I wouldn't mind a SSD peripheral to just cache, it wouldn't have to split the market, just make it a dumb cache.

It's interesting how we are seeing that these companies realized their mistakes, but at the time they stoutly defended Cell, in-order execution, 512MB memory.

PS4 controller sounds a lot like the OUYA controller, if it really does have the general shape of the DualShock but a touchpad where start and select are then that's virtually the same.

Sony would be foolish to have 4GB when Microsoft has 8GB, it's always the first to go when cost cutting but memory makes such a difference. If Sony are going for a more advanced GPU they're obviously going for a later release date. Since they're produced around the same time for around the same cost they're probably going to be similar enough that software is going to be the difference, with the PS3 performance often suffered as developers got to grips with the hardware, but that won't be the case this time. I can't see much effort spent on making multi-platform releases better on the Playstation, because they'll be negligible to the consumer anyway.

Any news on how games are loaded? One of the reasons I mainly gamed on PC since 2000 is that loading times on consoles are so slow, if I use my SSD there are no loading times, and most games on my HDD are really fast. I wouldn't mind a SSD peripheral to just cache, it wouldn't have to split the market, just make it a dumb cache.

It's interesting how we are seeing that these companies realized their mistakes, but at the time they stoutly defended Cell, in-order execution, 512MB memory.

Say hello to Page 2:

"We have confirmed with sources that recently leaked tech specs are accurate. Though Durango devkits offer 8GB of DDR3 RAM, compared to Orbis’s 4GB, Sony’s GDDR5 solution is capable of moving data at 176 gigabytes per second, which should eliminate the sort of bottlenecks that hampered PS3 game performance. Importantly, we’ve learned that Sony has told developers that it is pushing for the final PS4 RAM to match up to Microsoft’s 8GB."

I don't have an hour at the moment.  Is Gabe saying he's going to do something like Paradox did with Gamers Gate?

Everything Gabe said just reinforces my sentiments that everything heavily controlled and centralised - Consoles, Corporations and the European Union - suck and have no future.

The future are Internet economies, personal 3D Printers and TF2 hats! Gabe said so therefor I will follow!

• Like 1

Say hello to Page 2:

"We have confirmed with sources that recently leaked tech specs are accurate. Though Durango devkits offer 8GB of DDR3 RAM, compared to Orbis’s 4GB, Sony’s GDDR5 solution is capable of moving data at 176 gigabytes per second, which should eliminate the sort of bottlenecks that hampered PS3 game performance. Importantly, we’ve learned that Sony has told developers that it is pushing for the final PS4 RAM to match up to Microsoft’s 8GB."

I read it, it's just that "pushing for" sounds like fobbing off, and you'd expect the devkit to have the same, if not possibly more, not less memory.

ps4 sounds pretty decent.  no mention of any always-online drm requirements either.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't have an hour at the moment.  Is Gabe saying he's going to do something like Paradox did with Gamers Gate?

Everything Gabe said just reinforces my sentiments that everything heavily controlled and centralised - Consoles, Corporations and the European Union - suck and have no future.

The future are Internet economies, personal 3D Printers and TF2 hats! Gabe said so therefor I will follow!

I was actually hoping for some level of actual synopsis, but whatever.

Valve is a corporation. Corporations come in all sizes. Incorporation is a legal method of separating the assets and income of a business or non-profit enterprise from the assets and income of its owners/shareholders and employees. That said, Valve is a sizable corporation. It's no Fortune 500 company, but it's bigger than your run of the mill local construction firm.

And the EU is a loose alliance of independent nations, not a confederation with a strong central government. A number of European economists are constantly complaining about the fact that its central bank is essentially impotent compared to, say, the US Federal Reserve. The EU can't set interest rates, it can't engage in quantitative easing, etc. Any EU member can leave if it so chooses. The EU is closer to the UN than it is to a highly centralized federal system like that of the US. Keeping in mind that the UN is pretty much impotent in all matters, especially relating to the actions of certain permanent security council members.

Edited by AGX-17

Valve is a corporation. Corporations come in all sizes. Incorporation is a legal method of separating the assets and income of a business or non-profit enterprise from the assets and income of its owners/shareholders and employees. That said, Valve is a sizable corporation. It's no Fortune 500 company, but it's bigger than your run of the mill local construction firm.

And the EU is a loose alliance of independent nations, not a confederation with a strong central government. A number of European economists are constantly complaining about the fact that its central bank is essentially impotent compared to, say, the US Federal Reserve. The EU can't set interest rates, it can't engage in quantitative easing, etc. Any EU member can leave if it so chooses. The EU is closer to the UN than it is to a highly centralized federal system like that of the US. Keeping in mind that the UN is pretty much impotent in all matters, especially relating to the actions of certain permanent security council members.

The difference in the first point is that one is privately held, the comparison points are publically traded. Technically you are correct, of course, but...

Your information on the EU is total bs, though. The ECB can set interest rates just fine, for example... and the UN comparison... no.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Maybe so, but any sales would be largely due to the Halo name rather than desire for an FPS. Beyond that, what really kept the games alive was the multiplayer rather than the story. That makes the timing a bit peculiar, given the recent closing of the Halo 2 multiplayer servers.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So if a black boy talks "white" it is racist as well? **** those bloggers. Whiny, scummy little maggots that can only complain and love nothing more than to school people on how they behave. They are the very pod people that embrace censorship in order to fuel their horribly misguided sense of rightoussness. **** them and **** everything that they stand for.

• Like 8

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy