What you did today

Gorth

I'm going to make a homemade pizza tomorrow. I'm thinking of a Mexican pizza with home made refried beans, ground beef, Jack, Cheddar, and Asiago cheese, Jalepenos, and, after it's cooled, topped by sour cream and black olives all on an unbleached flour crust. I'll also make a more or less standard pizza with black olives, banana peppers, mushrooms, and maybe *maybe* some turkey pepperoni. Meanwhile, tonight we had fast food because I didn't have time to get anything ready to cook when I got home.

Other pizzas I like to make: BBQ chicken or beef, bulgogi, and my famous lasagnizza (which is a single layer lasagna with pepperoni).

Anyhow, I'm just checking out the boards tonight is all. Friday night, but too tired to go do anything, I think.

Hi Cant

That pizza sounded yummy. Add the recipe to the thread I created so we can consolidate these pizza ideas

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/62313-custom-pizza-toppings/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think those with flu's gave it to me. :p

.....mostly a high fever. Spending most of my time in bed, half passed out. At least there's no weird rash or swelling this time. Hope it's just a plain ol' flu.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Get better soon LC!

Went for a 10k, did some outdoor stuff as it's pretty mild and going to meet our friends' newly arrived wee one!

I think those with flu's gave it to me. :p

.....mostly a high fever. Spending most of my time in bed, half passed out. At least there's no weird rash or swelling this time. Hope it's just a plain ol' flu.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I am working tonight at one of my customers, its midnight here and the change control only starts at 2 am !!

I have mentioned to the IT guys thats is very unreasonable to expect people to work such a late hour. This customer is a major South African Medical Aid company and because hospitals use them for verification of patients details they claim they can't have downtime

Now this may be true but the systems I have to work on don't even touch the primary database so that reason doesn't make sense

So think of me working the next 6 hours :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Get better soon LC!

I think it's my brain protesting all the paperwork and legalese I've been forcing into it recently. ;)

...saw a post elsewhere about Hostess troubles. I was never into Twinkies or Hostess Cupcakes or any of that, so if they do close up shop and no one buys their brands and keeps those sweets alive, I won't miss them specifically, but I'll miss the company name being part of the culture. Something I grew up with and all that. No more Twinkie jokes ... guess it'll have to be Lil' Debbie jokes instead.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The company will go up, but according to cnn, the brands will all be up for grabs.

So Twinkies may still be around, but they'll be made by Frito-Lay or whoever.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ah, the twinkie defense will live on!

The pizzas I cooked today are almost done. Why do I do this to myself? I can't just cook a regular ol' pizza. I have to cook a regular pizza and a Mexican pizza. I can't just pop open a can of refried beans, I have to make them myself. I tell you, the kitchen looks like a bomb went off in it and I'm beat as hell. Still, I might regret my decision less after a few slices. Gettin' a bit hungry now.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Okay I have just got home from work and we are going out, its 6 am Sunday morning but there will be a few good clubs open :)

John Milton 

Just checking to see if my IE10 has finally lost its nuts and bolts and decided simply to stop working.

A newline here just because it's so fun to enter something, which seems to be a big problem to detect for some odd reason.

And another.. Just for the sake of curiosity about how the editor will display it.

This is what I did for a few minutes today..

(Signatures: disabled) 

Today I have been jealous of Cantousent's pizza. He is lucky I live half a world away or I would have raided his kitchen :)

What he said.

I had the second worst hangover of my life, apparently from poor quality mulled wine (Glögg) I consumed on Friday. So I'm not sure it qualifies as a hangover, as I only had 2 drinks, but more of a poisoning of some type. Coupled with the fact that the drinks were had during what was the second worst date of my life... yeah :p

That took most of yesterday, and had to go do some unfinished stuff at work, so not the best weekend in memory. Should be getting the grade for my dissertation tomorrow or early next week. Excitement in the air.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Just arrived home after the weekend camping stag do. Checking email as I drink a proper cup of tea and try to stir energy to go run a long bath..

Interestingly enough I was feeling fine while out in the November winter woodlands..then halfway through the journey home , hit by mixture of aches and exhaustion.

Picked up some general knife handling, axe handling, tommahawk throwing and firestarting bushcraft skills.. Although clearing the stumps on the friday so we could pitch tents was a real pain.

And on the saturday night, the grooms phone managed to work well enough that he got a message and picture from one of his fiancee's friends at the hen party as he was about to sleep. A picture of said fiancee in some brightly lit pub, riding some random male's back, whooping and throwing an arm back as if about to chuck a lariat.. She is so not going to live that down.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Cleaned up leaves and general cleaning, latter of which seems to take up a lot of my weekends. I asumme I just do the work too slow :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent most of the weekend cooped up indoors. Damn weather just too unstable in Brisbane. Sort of completely out of the blue taking the BOM (weather forecast guys) by surprise. More than 22000 lightning strikes just the first half of Saturday and 30000 homes without electricity (I was lucky, got to keep my electricity all weekend long). Just about all of them fixed up with power again by the electricity company here on the Monday morning. Most of the flooded areas are dried up too.

Edit: According to the morning news, it was more than 100000 lightning strikes and 100000 homes without power over the weekend. That's a lot of flashing lights :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Mom's having surgery tomorrow, so I'll be getting up insanely early and driving up to Philly to be there with Dad and my sister while it goes down. She's getting a hip replaced, which has become necessary after she broke her femur back in January, had arguably botched surgery to fix it, and hasn't healed properly since then.

(It's not exactly the right circumstance for a deliberate meetup, but if I happen to see any folks who I suspect of being Tigranes while I'm around UPenn, I'll try to come up with some sort of Obsidz-boardz code words to identify myself.)

This is complicated by the fact that my wife's parents are already in town for the Thanksgiving holiday. (And that I'm to be the primary chef for the big meal on Thursday.) Fortunately, they're staying at my sister-in-law's house at present, so it's not too disruptive to duck out of town for a day.

Good luck on your mom's surgery, bud. Having spent a lot of time waiting around in hospitals, I feel for ya. Also, good luck with the bird, by which I mean the turkey. Remember, I like the mashed potatoes lumpy and the stuffing savory and the eggnog spiked with brady and rum (and even a little bourbon won't kill me, for my sins).

I forgot to take my medicines last night, which lead to a long night and a day in which I basically didn't do much but sit in my armchair. I can forget the morning stuff without too much trouble, but if I forget the nightly stuff, which I do rarely, then I'm pretty screwed the next day. Still, it wasn't too bad. This was the day that the Lord has made, and so I rejoiced and was glad in it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!