What you did today

Gorth

Luckily I do my own brakes and Ive stumbled across FREE BRAKES FOR LIFE.
Yeah, I recently switched out the brake pads on the new Mustang for the first time. I slapped on Bendix ceramic brakes. They were quite reasonably priced and they've got a good reputation for brake pads. The rotors were in good shape. Anyhow, I noticed the warranty on them, and I have to say that it sounded too good to be true. It's nice to hear someone with experience vouching for it. I have to fill out the forms and mail them out tomorrow.

If you bought them from a chain auto parts store (AutoZone, Pep Boys, etc...) than you can get the refund right there. You may have noticed they asked for your phone number when you bought them and what they are doing with that information is adding those parts to your personal database. You then bring in the old worn pads / rotors (the ones you just changed out), they look at them and nod, then instantly credit you back.

Anyhow, the older Mustang (1991) is vibrating especially at high speeds or when braking, and so I thought maybe the pads or shoes were gone and maybe the rivets were digging into the rotors, but the disk brakes are great up front and the drum brakes in back are even better, so I think I need to take a look at the struts.

Thats usually a sign of a warped rotor (the surface of the rotor is no longer flat but wavy). If you start to notice the vibration ~60MPH, thats probably an imbalace situation. Go look and see if one of the balancing weights on one of your tires is missing.

I wish you lived around here, man. I'd buy you a case of beer or a bottle of scotch (you can get a 12 year old single malt Glenlivet dirt cheap at Costco) and you could help me knock the job out lickity split. As it is, my brother in law and I will tackle it when we get a free day.

Ive never tried a good scotch. Years ago in my youth we got wasted on Cutty Sark and it kinda turned me off to scotch for life, but Im willing to get back on that horse.

Yeah, I like them in the early twenties myself, my friend, but you get what you can get.

I totally read this in a completely wrong, non-contextual way. :-:lol:

Today I posted in the What you did today thread.

I also came to the conclusion that this joke is rather old.

I decided to do it anyway ;)

I occasionally wonder if the forum blog-feature was active for members, here, if I'd put my ramblings in that, instead. Then I think, nah, this thread is much more fun. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm generally sleeping 3 to 9 these days, which should be sufficient, but has me pretty dozy until the afternoon.

Also, being an academic, having first world problems, etc.

I run on five to six hours sleep a night, not because I live a stressy life but because I'm a freaking idiot, I tend to be so worn out by Saturday night that I sleep for 12 hours on Sunday.

Same here.

Set up a date with a seriously hot girl for next week. Totally not feeling it, getting secondary depression from realising how bad a crush I have on the (taken) coworker. ****.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

discovered that it's better to find out how to store food BEFORE you cook it...

As the saying goes, make sure you kill it with fire!

Badly store food kills more people than spiders and snakes, yet nobody screams for help and jumps up on a table when opening the fridge...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Badly store food kills more people than spiders and snakes, yet nobody screams for help and jumps up on a table when opening the fridge...
Trust me, my friend, it depends on what's in the fridge and who's opening it.
  • Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Woke up with the worst headache I've ever had. It feels like my head is about to explode. It turns out that drinking wine, then whiskey, and THEN take some Jagermeister shots was not a good idea. This was the first time in 10 years that I have been drinking this much. My brother is to blame, it was his birthday party.

Got him an ipad 3G, fun fact: I don't own one myself.

Trust me, my friend, it depends on what's in the fridge and who's opening it.

You have to remember that Gorth lives in Australia, a country where almost everything is designed to kill the unwitting.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Woke up with the worst headache I've ever had. It feels like my head is about to explode. It turns out that drinking wine, then whiskey, and THEN take some Jagermeister shots was not a good idea. This was the first time in 10 years that I have been drinking this much. My brother is to blame, it was his birthday party.

We need a hangover cure thread. I am the twisted Meister of Hangover Curage.

Try this...

dioralyte-natural-sachets-x-20.jpg

This is the hangover remedy that medical professionals will never tell you about (although they all use it, hell I got this tip from a nurse). A pint of water with a sachet of this before you go to bed seriously reduces hangover symptoms.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'm in favour of making sure to drink water when I get in, and some chocolatey type goodies eaten away.. then when you wake up, hit it with some fruit juice of some sort to double on the rehydration and energy...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

^ Epic fail. You are taking all the good stuff after the fact.

You need to rehydrate before you sleep. Srsyl, booze makes your bloody brain shrink from dehydration. Stop it. For the love of God.

Since I discovered Dioralyte I have been able to enjoy even more alcohol in a consequence-free way (well, in the short term, but, Dogs, do you want to live forever?).

sonsofgygax.JPG

We need a hangover cure thread. I am the twisted Meister of Hangover Curage.

Try this...

dioralyte-natural-sachets-x-20.jpg

This is the hangover remedy that medical professionals will never tell you about (although they all use it, hell I got this tip from a nurse). A pint of water with a sachet of this before you go to bed seriously reduces hangover symptoms.

I went out for a walk and then drank some coffee. It solved most of the problem.

The thing is: Today I'm going to a wedding. I might get wrecked...

I can resist alcohol, but when I start to drink, it tends to get out of hand.

Unfortunately I am the master of bad hangovers, I have worked out 2 things on how to mitigate them

• Shooters generally increase the likelihood of them (but Tequila is so festive I can't resist)
  • If you drink about 1 liter of water before you go to sleep you can avoid most hangovers ( the problem is I sometimes forget to drink the water before sleeping :) )

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Unfortunately I am the master of bad hangovers, I have worked out 2 things on how to mitigate them

• Shooters generally increase the likelihood of them (but Tequila is so festive I can't resist)
  • If you drink about 1 liter of water before you go to sleep you can avoid most hangovers ( the problem is I sometimes forget to drink the water before sleeping :) )

You see, by taking electrolytes you don't need a litre of water. Now I am an old fart a litre would have me up pissing every hour.

sonsofgygax.JPG

You see, by taking electrolytes you don't need a litre of water. Now I am an old fart ™ a litre would have me up pissing every hour.

Interesting, and when you say electrolytes what exactly do you mean?

Edit : Okay I see the photo. I get it :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela