What you did today

Gorth

Picking out carpet samples is not in my job description!

*runs around the room screaming until he passes out*

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Go for the Atomic Fuchsia plush shag!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You guys going camping or something?

Some "Wild Man's Retreat". Wilderness. Hunting, Camping. Beer. The stag do you do when there are to be no strippers.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Some "Wild Man's Retreat". Wilderness. Hunting, Camping. Beer.

Isn't there a lot of B movies covering that subject? Usually involving a lot of fake blood :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, I think the groom put it to his bride in some format of "So what would you prefer, I spend the weekend killing small animals, or we go with the strippers?"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Errands, dinner, cat-hugging session. Watched the rest of the "Arrow" episodes that were available on VOD. I still like it. I suspect it's killing some brain cells, but it's kind of like a guilty pleasure. Now time for a gaming session before snoozing.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pizza guy came late today, by 20 minutes so it was free. But he started telling me a sob story on how they'll dock his pay, then fire him, then that he has kids to mind. If it were 2 minutes late, I'd normally pay it but 20 minutes is pushing it. I still feel kind of bad about that, but it did seem like an act upon reflection. Yes, it has been so slow a day today that that is the only thing of note :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I actually think you were well in your rights to demand service. I tend to be pretty understanding, and so I might have let the guy off, but I also think that it's only fair to settle matter as agreed beforehand. If there's an agreement that the pizza is free after a certain amount of time, it should be free. Of course, I then wrote a long diatribe, but life's too short. lol

Watched a few shows with the wife. Plan on checking the brake pads on the older mustang tomorrow. I just hope I don't need to resurface the rotors. God forsaken car repairs make me sad. Still, considering all the grief in the world today, I'm pretty damned lucky. Oh, and something weird happened. My dad had his memorial service in Las Vegas and my aunt relapsed back into leukemia and died of a blood infection. I might not be talking to my family, and I didn't know her all that well, but I didn't hate her or wish her ill, God rest her soul. Anyhow, I'm not looking for sympathy. I wasn't very close to her, but it's still the strangest thing to have happen.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Go for the Atomic Fuchsia plush shag!

Do they make shag in commercial? That sounds like an untapped market.

I thought they got rid of those 'pizza free if after a certain time' because a bunch of delivery guys got in car accidents. I don't think they allow them in my county at least.

I'd also say it is messed up they dock his pay. I would have just withheld a tip, I guess.

Well, I think the groom put it to his bride in some format of "So what would you prefer, I spend the weekend killing small animals, or we go with the strippers?"

The only good thing about dating a vegan is that they'd go with the latter alternative. (Still, never again).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Pizza guy came late today, by 20 minutes so it was free. But he started telling me a sob story on how they'll dock his pay, then fire him, then that he has kids to mind. If it were 2 minutes late, I'd normally pay it but 20 minutes is pushing it. I still feel kind of bad about that, but it did seem like an act upon reflection. Yes, it has been so slow a day today that that is the only thing of note :p

No offense but you should feel bad holding him to that Free Pizza. He is below you in the economic scale and that is really going to hit him hard. I believe in service, for example in a good restaurant if the service or food is below par than I have no issue getting a discount. But making some indigent delivery pizza guy pay for your food I think is immoral (especially if he gets fired). The question I would ask myself, if what he is saying is true, is "was that 20 minutes inconvenience worth his llivelihood ", sorry to sound critical but thats just how I see it :)

I actually think you were well in your rights to demand service. I tend to be pretty understanding, and so I might have let the guy off, but I also think that it's only fair to settle matter as agreed beforehand. If there's an agreement that the pizza is free after a certain amount of time, it should be free. Of course, I then wrote a long diatribe, but life's too short. lol

Watched a few shows with the wife. Plan on checking the brake pads on the older mustang tomorrow. I just hope I don't need to resurface the rotors. God forsaken car repairs make me sad. Still, considering all the grief in the world today, I'm pretty damned lucky. Oh, and something weird happened. My dad had his memorial service in Las Vegas and my aunt relapsed back into leukemia and died of a blood infection. I might not be talking to my family, and I didn't know her all that well, but I didn't hate her or wish her ill, God rest her soul. Anyhow, I'm not looking for sympathy. I wasn't very close to her, but it's still the strangest thing to have happen.

Hi Cant

I am sure this has been a sensitive time for you with the losses you experienced. And overall I do think we are generally lucky in our lives and circumstances.

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Of course, there's different service cultures. I'd get hauled off in irons if I refused to pay for something that's 20 minutes late. :p

I thought it had to be 30 minutes late even back when they did do it. But my understanding is the same as Hurlshot's, that they abandoned it because of speeding delivery drivers.

No offense but you should feel bad holding him to that Free Pizza. He is below you in the economic scale and that is really going to hit him hard. I believe in service, for example in a good restaurant if the service or food is below par than I have no issue getting a discount. But making some indigent delivery pizza guy pay for your food I think is immoral (especially if he gets fired). The question I would ask myself, if what he is saying is true, is "was that 20 minutes inconvenience worth his llivelihood ", sorry to sound critical but thats just how I see it :)

Well, it's not as if I'm just refusing to pay or it's some minute amount of time he was late, it's something the company marketed - 40 minutes or it's free. I don't believe they dock his pay anyway, at least from reading and talking to people (intense research, obviously) so more likely he was going to pocket the $40.

As for firing him for being late repeatedly, well, we had already called the CS line when it was 15 minutes late to let them know it's late so he'll have that on his record regardless. It is a rather silly policy as it does make drivers rush and the cooks probably rush the pizza out the door.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Watched a few shows with the wife. Plan on checking the brake pads on the older mustang tomorrow. I just hope I don't need to resurface the rotors. God forsaken car repairs make me sad.

Luckily I do my own brakes and Ive stumbled across FREE BRAKES FOR LIFE. See, when you go to an auto parts store and buy brake pads and rotors you actually get a lifetime warranty on them. Dont ask me how they can give a lifetime warranty on something specifically designed to degrade, but they do. So what happens is that you wind up paying for the first set of everything but every time after that you can simply bring your worn pads and rotors back to the store and they will refund the money you just paid for the replacement set. Its literally free brake pads and rotors for life, you just have to do the labor yourself.

Seriously trying to do my job and responsibilities, but life is being quite insistent on getting in the way.. Broke up with my gf, lost a friend, getting behind - things suck, but at the same time I feel alive, challenged and like, for the first time in a long while, I'm really looking forward to (and slightly afraid of in a good way) what tomorrow is gonna bring.. I had no idea I was this into drama heh.

Fortune favors the bald.

That's a good way to take all that stuff happening.

Needed new shower curtain. Bought one. Led to....side of tub was a little dirty from the old curtain, cleaned it. Standing on edge of tub to install curtain, noticed top of tile, walls, shower curtain rod/rings were dusty, cleaned. Led to mad frenzied "omg is that a speck" cleaning of whole bathroom. 2.5 hours later, new shower curtain installed. I'm not task-obsessive, nope. :p

...it is funny tho, how because I'm so short, despite some of my obsessive cleaning streaks, I can often forget about stuff like dust on top of high places until I stand on a stool and suddenly notice.

Luckily I do my own brakes and Ive stumbled across FREE BRAKES FOR LIFE.
Yeah, I recently switched out the brake pads on the new Mustang for the first time. I slapped on Bendix ceramic brakes. They were quite reasonably priced and they've got a good reputation for brake pads. The rotors were in good shape. Anyhow, I noticed the warranty on them, and I have to say that it sounded too good to be true. It's nice to hear someone with experience vouching for it. I have to fill out the forms and mail them out tomorrow. Anyhow, the older Mustang (1991) is vibrating especially at high speeds or when braking, and so I thought maybe the pads or shoes were gone and maybe the rivets were digging into the rotors, but the disk brakes are great up front and the drum brakes in back are even better, so I think I need to take a look at the struts. I wish you lived around here, man. I'd buy you a case of beer or a bottle of scotch (you can get a 12 year old single malt Glenlivet dirt cheap at Costco) and you could help me knock the job out lickity split. As it is, my brother in law and I will tackle it when we get a free day.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'd buy you a case of beer or a bottle of scotch (you can get a 12 year old single malt Glenlivet dirt cheap at Costco) and you could help me knock the job out lickity split. As it is, my brother in law and I will tackle it when we get a free day.

Whiskey is a gentleman's drink when you can also (legally) enjoy female company of a similar or younger age. Just sayin' ;D

Yeah, I like them in the early twenties myself, my friend, but you get what you can get. I can either buy my gifted friend a 12 year old or share a few shots of my 23 year old. That's the deal.

Obsidian Plays