What you did today

Gorth

I did something stupid and deliciously bad - not looking forward to the fallout though.

Okay, whose wife? If you need a place to stay under the radar, just let me know.
  • Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Fully manager at work... just in time to take over and shut down the lobby tomorrow so we can do our remodel.

Which is going to be annoying for people methinks.

My wife has had her cheerleaders work two recent McD's re-openings. I think Iowa is a bit out of the way for them, but you might want to check with the local school about such things. Congrats :)

I don't know what they're gonna do. I know if they wanted they could have us re-open with a "Teachers night". Meaning we'd have insane amounts of customers who are all eager to see their teachers

Right now we're working in a very confined space overall to try to get our counter and lobby torn out/replaced while still having Drive thru open.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Putting up a good chunk of my game collection up for auction. If I manage to get the games sold, I'll have around 200 games left.

Part of me feels bad about this, but I've tried to look at this from an objective view point: All games that I keep are games I consider as good or great games

It's a monday morning.

Having a bout of that spacey and slightly depressed over repeatedly banging my head against a few metaphorical walls.

The winter chill is certainly settling in as well, but at least the worst of the man-flu seems to be over and I'm going an hour between hacking coughs.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finally getting over a 2 month long dental problem. Had a new crown put in but it never settled since that particular tooth - a back molar - was bad anyway. Long story short, I had a root canal done to it and the pain is at long last GONE!!! I'm so happy I can finally get my things done without wanting to cry or take pain killer for it. I even painted my nails for the occasion.

Seem to be getting a lot of bad headaches lately. It's always something, right? :lol:

But the day has been lovely, cool but sunny. Sitting out in the yard with the cat, then going back inside and sitting with the other cat, meditating and reflecting under their watchful gaze. Happy for what I have had, what I do have, and what I may have in the future.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finally getting over a 2 month long dental problem. Had a new crown put in but it never settled since that particular tooth - a back molar - was bad anyway. Long story short, I had a root canal done to it and the pain is at long last GONE!!! I'm so happy I can finally get my things done without wanting to cry or take pain killer for it. I even painted my nails for the occasion.

Sigmund Freud once wrote “A man with a toothache cannot be in love" Pretty true isn't it?

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sigmund Freud once wrote “A man with a toothache cannot be in love" Pretty true isn't it?

Probably. But I like Dostoyevsky's treatment of toothaches better.

I ask you, gentlemen, listen sometimes to the moans of an educated man of the nineteenth century suffering from toothache, on the second or third day of the attack, when he is beginning to moan, not as he moaned on the first day, that is, not simply because he has toothache, not just as any coarse peasant, but as a man affected by progress and European civilisation, a man who is "divorced from the soil and the national elements," as they express it now-a-days. His moans become nasty, disgustingly malignant, and go on for whole days and nights. And of course he knows himself that he is doing himself no sort of good with his moans; he knows better than anyone that he is only lacerating and harassing himself and others for nothing; he knows that even the audience before whom he is making his efforts, and his whole family, listen to him with loathing, do not put a ha'porth of faith in him, and inwardly understand that he might moan differently, more simply, without trills and flourishes, and that he is only amusing himself like that from ill-humour, from malignancy. Well, in all these recognitions and disgraces it is that there lies a voluptuous pleasure.

(Not the greatest translation, but it's the one I could find in full-text online.)

I considered rewatching Cast Away to see exactly how Tom Hanks character removed his offensive tooth. But yeah, love wasn't foremost in my thoughts on my worst days.

So I often have a big, clear-plastic glass of water by my keyboard, right. Was eating a sandwich for lunch just now and thought to myself, I'll just drink some of that bit o' water that's still in the glass from last night. Started to reach for it but thankfully, I noticed that there seemed to be something in the bottom of the glass. When I looked, it was the corpse of a pretty big spider. Just sitting at very the bottom of the glass, in the water. Dropped in from the ceiling and drowned, I assume.

If the glass wasn't clear plastic and I had taken a drink before realizing that, I might have swallowed it. Please excuse me now while I go freak out a little bit.

Thats a funny story :grin:

But maybe the spider was just popping in to say hello?

PS : I detest spiders and I am quite terrified by them

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I saw a documentary on Hitler's dental work a while back. Let's just say that it explained a lot. I also started flossing religiously afterwards.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, extended family issues going on here.

On one side, had my family in Sandy, they're all ok, but grandparents are living with aunt and uncle until power goes back on for the grandparents house.

On the other side, got my aunt in the hospital with VERY little muscle mass, and a valve on her heart that is bleeding "Severely". No insurance (she's retired) and my uncle isn't sure she'd survive the operation. So if they don't go through with it, she's got a very short life ahead of her.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sitting here wondering if Guildmaster is going to post a P.E. update later this evening....

I love jumping spiders and love taking photos of spiders in general. But doesn't mean I want them in my food, bed, or hair. Hahaha. ;)

Well, extended family issues going on here.

I'm sorry to hear that Calax. I can only offer internet hugs, which I know isn't much, but **hugs** anyway. Thoughts are with you and your family.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Was enjoying a bath and reading .. and in the space of turning a page or so I suddenly got hit by a wave of exhaustion, nearly dozed off and only just avoiding dropping my copy of Eclipse Phase into the water.

Always weird when that sort of things jumps out of nowhere.

Of course, not quite up to the scale of Calax' troubles. Hope things take a turn for the better all around.

Sitting here wondering if Guildmaster is going to post a P.E. update later this evening....

I love jumping spiders and love taking photos of spiders in general. But doesn't mean I want them in my food, bed, or hair. Hahaha. ;)

I have this quite entrepreneurial spider who has become obsessed with the passage between my patio and where I store my rubbish bins. It has become a ritual to wave the garbage bags in front of my head when taking it out at night, tearing down its latest web, before running headlong into it. I've never seen the actual spider, but precautionary measures can't hurt. Some spiders down here have a nasty bite :)

It was Melbourne Cup day down south in Victoria yesterday, so we spent a bit of time at work betting on horses, getting good food, beer and bubbly wine in the early afternoon. Won $8 in total from my $6 bets. Not too bad.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Posted in wrong place :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Drank a little too much Knob Creek while watching the election on BBC.

You Sir are a man of good taste and refinement!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm still stunned over yesterdays events. I made some investment moves this morning. Made two online purchases and now I think I'm turning off the computer, radio, and TV for a while. Maybe a long while. I think my dog Tommy & I are going to head down to Biloxi or Gulfport or somewhere like that and do some fishing. I don't know.

Thomas Sowell

Y'know the little remote gizmo one uses to lock/unlock a car? The battery in mine finally gave up the ghost. After 14 years or something. Seriously, I haven't changed it since I bought the car. Now that's one hearty little battery.

Have been told to prepare for a friends stag weekend. Including a mailed list of items I should have:

• At least one change of clothes
  • Layers for sleeping in
  • Waterproofs
  • Strong boots / walking boots / wellies
  • Warm sleeping bag
  • Thermarest/sleeping mat
  • Knife. fork, spoon, plate, bowl, mug
  • Personal wash kit inc towel
  • Toilet paper
  • Personal medication
  • Torch / head torch / lamp
  • Any additional food each might require
  • BEER ;0)

I think I shall feel relief that I'm actually getting past the lingering remnants of hacking cough before this event occurs..

Yeah, but did you learn enough Spanish for the wedding?

I was terribly disappointed last night, even though I predicted the outcome. Before I went to bed, however, I had already decided that I would not spend any more time distraught over what I honestly see as a disasterous election. I'm going to live my life and love my friends and pursue my happiness. No matter who is in office, that's my right, and that's my intention. Also, no more news. I'll read or watch the news once a week. Today, I've been in good spirits, and that's the way I'm going to keep it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yeah, but did you learn enough Spanish for the wedding?

Well I've started listening to some "learn spanish as you drive" cd's to pick up some basic vocabulary.., as well as having acquired an english-spanish dictionary...

Still, I have till April to pick up the spanish. But apparently the bachelor weekend and hen weekend are happening in November for various reasons...