What do you plan to use as your starting character?

Based on just the race/class combos, and assuming there are no restricted combinations...

I think I'm going to go for an Orlan Cipher.

"It is an extraordinary act of courage to come to know a stranger's pain. To even consider such a thing demands a profound dispensation, a willingness to wear someone else's chains, to taste their suffering, to see with one's own eyes the hue cast on all things -- the terrible stain that is despair."

-Tulas Shorn

"Toll the Hounds" by Steven Erikson

I haven't read up on the races too closely, but in terms of starting class I'll likely pick one that's geared toward sword/shield type fighter character my first time through. I don't know why, but I always select this type of character as my first character. After that I'll try out the thief-type and magic-type characters, but not on my first run. *shrugs*

I do like the sound of the cipher character, but that will probably be on my second or third play through.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Truth be told, I have no idea at this point as there's next to nothing specific known about the various races, classes, and combinations thereof. I'll just have to wait and see, but I usually (~ 2/3 of the time) start off playing a human druid.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Gonna go with a ranger, been my favourite class in most games. Just hope they won't as socially challenged as in the NWN games. As for race I wanna find out more about them before I decide, but probably not a human or elf.

As soon as I heard that they were making Paladins of the nonreligious sort, I absolutely freaked. These are by far my favorite types of characters to play if they're implimented right (harsh world-view against non-abiding world).

Edited by Gallenger

A lot of people seem to like elf rangers.

Duel scimatars as well?

Duel scimatars?

Oh, dual scimitars. Bob was confused. :wacko:

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Until we get more info, I'll probably going to end up leaning towards starting a Godlike Rogue first. It depends on how the godlike actually look, I could go human or orlan. I'll also give heavy consideration to being a cipher or a chanter. It'll probably take me an hour or two staring at the character creator before I decide what race/class combo speaks to me most.

Priest or paladin, it'll depends of the spells and abilities. I'll probably enjoy learning more about the whole spirits/souls/prayer system.

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

Definitely a Rogue, that's almost always my most preferred style of play I think. Skilled, hopefully good at avoiding combat where you can. Feel like a sneaky bad-ass. All that good stuff.

Definitely also interested in playing a Priest, though this will really depend on how religion is handled in the game. Since the god are already described as "meddling" and with an agenda, I hope there is still ample room for playing a highly religious Priest that is on top of the game and not just simply "fanatic who is duped by the gods".

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

As soon as I heard that they were making Paladins of the nonreligious sort, I absolutely freaked. These are by far my favorite types of characters to play if they're implimented right (harsh world-view against non-abiding world).

Its a Warlord. Deal with it.

• Like 1