Mass effect Trilogy

greylord

In the the latest instalment, I vaguely remember seeing a weird variant of the cutscene weapon problem. Whereas previously it'd be a simple matter of it switching weapons automatically, it seems ME3 has a thing where you're, for example, holding an assault rifle but the game uses the animation set for the pistol. Guessing it's an issue caused by all weapons being optional now?

It would have been fine if you didn't have a pistol, you got the default pistol if the cutscene called for it, but if you had a collector rifle, why were waving an avenger in the cutscenes when the collector rifle IS CLEARLY SEEN ON YOUR BACK.

It breaks immersion and just spells laziness.

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

It breaks immersion and just spells laziness.

I think that you described the last 4 BW games.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Question: How badly is Mass Effect 3 binded into Origin? Is it working as multiplayer platform or something, because I'm wondering if there's any change this Trilogy version would be free of that bulls***. I haven't yet bought ME3 because of Origin and I won't till it's available from elsewhere.

EDIT: Just looked from Mass Effect website and it seems ME 2&3 don't have DLC included so I guess I have to stop hoping... Well played EA: Sell ME as complete trilogy, but still charge extra for DLC.

Edited by Haerski

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

Mass Effect 4: Rise of the Necrons

Well, there could be some race the Reapers made into soulless metal husks as part of some first experiment.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Question: How badly is Mass Effect 3 binded into Origin? Is it working as multiplayer platform or something, because I'm wondering if there's any change this Trilogy version would be free of that bulls***. I haven't yet bought ME3 because of Origin and I won't till it's available from elsewhere.

EDIT: Just looked from Mass Effect website and it seems ME 2&3 don't have DLC included so I guess I have to stop hoping... Well played EA: Sell ME as complete trilogy, but still charge extra for DLC.

As I mentioned, I'm bugged by the fact that even if I wanted to pay for DLC, I actually have no way of getting it downloaded to my system.

I would buy this set just to get the ME2 & ME3 DLC that I was never able to play (including the supposedly improved endings).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Presumably they look on the dlc as subsidising the low relative cost of the trilogy packaging. Pretty sensible from a business standpoint. If you're expecting anything else then disappointment is going to be a constant friend, I'm afraid. Personally I'd probably rebuy an ME2/3 with all dlc since it would be cheaper than the bandwidth cost of downloading it or buying the stuff separately, but wasn't realistically expecting it.

As for complaining about weapon swapping in cutscenes... if that's the worst 'bug' in the game you're doing pretty well. Completely cosmetic and only likely to annoy people already looking for stuff to complain about.

• Like 1

As I mentioned, I'm bugged by the fact that even if I wanted to pay for DLC, I actually have no way of getting it downloaded to my system.

I would buy this set just to get the ME2 & ME3 DLC that I was never able to play (including the supposedly improved endings).

Waiting for release in GOG.com... in few decades maybe. :p

Presumably they look on the dlc as subsidising the low relative cost of the trilogy packaging. Pretty sensible from a business standpoint. If you're expecting anything else then disappointment is going to be a constant friend, I'm afraid. Personally I'd probably rebuy an ME2/3 with all dlc since it would be cheaper than the bandwidth cost of downloading it or buying the stuff separately, but wasn't realistically expecting it.

I yet haven't seen full series box which didn't contain all available content and I think it's not sensible at all from business standpoint. Unless they are relying on people being completely stupid or just after shiny box, because I just checked prices of those games from one online store and you could get all those games separately over 20€ cheaper than that Trilogy-box. (PC versions) Only ME1 DLC is missing, but those were crap anyway. Otherwise: Same content, same games and same EA crap.

Edited by Haerski

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

If it's all just EA crap then why even bother finding anything out about it? Not just because of you of course, but randomly hating on EA is getting just a tad boring now. As for complete sets including dlc as well things like the Bioshock pack don't include Minerva's Den either, it's usually the goty/ collection whatever for the individual game that contains the dlc, if there is one.

The trilogy- as with the games themselves- isn't aimed primarily at PC anyway.

• Like 1

Only ME1 DLC is missing, but those were crap anyway. Otherwise: Same content, same games and same EA crap.

Wasn't ME1 and its DLC's published by Microsoft? Different publishers sometimes adds an extra obstacle when you want to release bundles (they don't always get along and love poking a finger in each others eyes).

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If it's all just EA crap then why even bother finding anything out about it? Not just because of you of course, but randomly hating on EA is getting just a tad boring now. As for complete sets including dlc as well things like the Bioshock pack don't include Minerva's Den either, it's usually the goty/ collection whatever for the individual game that contains the dlc, if there is one.

Nobody's randomly hating EA. Did you read at all what I have been saying here? Do you seriously think me and thousands of others hate them just because that's what everybody does nowdays? If you want to live in your wonderland, see no evil, hear no evil, fine, but accept that some of us have very good reasons to hate their business models and we want to be vocal about it because we want things to change. In this particular matter with "EA crap" I was referring mainly for Origin. I'm not going to support that system, but I'm not going to shut up about it either, because I would like to enjoy some of their games, but idiotic distribution policy is just too big obstacle.

Physical complete series boxes are pretty rare, but for example Divinity Anthology box had all games, all DLC and expansions, all soundtracks and lots of other cool stuff in one big package. Whole thing DRM-free. That's how that should be done. I give you that Trilogy isn't necessarily same thing as Complete Pack, but if you see words like Complete, Collection, Trilogy etc. in Steam for example you know exactly what it means: ALL content included. Usually developers even throw some extra fun in those packages to make them more appealing to existing players too.

The trilogy- as with the games themselves- isn't aimed primarily at PC anyway.

What kind of excuse is that? Basically you are saying "PC-versions were just second class releases and lousy console ports. You have no right to complain." They are releasing and selling their trilogy for PC audience and it's their job to please customers and I sure ain't pleased.

May I ask you what exactly are your reasons to defend EA for giving us, the customers, less for our money? With that it's just how things are and we have to live by their rules attitude they are just going to give us less and less as time passes. Customers need to be constantly demanding better treatment or publishers will take every opportunity to squeeze every last coin out of our pocket.

Edited by Haerski

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

Nobody's randomly hating EA. Did you read at all what I have been saying here? Do you seriously think me and thousands of others hate them just because that's what everybody does nowdays?

Heh, my dear suomi friend you appear to be Taking Things Rather Seriously.

But to be frank, yes, I think a lot of people hate on EA because it's "cool" to do so. I don't like EA nor pretty much any other publisher but it gets utterly tiresome to go on and on and on and on and on and on about it, and you can hardly open a topic without either a Tourette's or 5 Minute Hate style EA loatheathon at some point. Origin is what it is (a direct steam equivalent lacking 3rd party originworks), the pricing is what it is (high, but it will inevitably drop), the dlc policy is what it is and they do do these things for a reason and not just to randomly annoy 'customers'. If you seriously believe raging on the internet will have the slightest influence on that then... well, it won't, you're wasting your time and you'll end up giving yourself an ulcer to boot.

If you don't like it, don't buy it, simple as that. End of the day money is what corporations understand above all else.

• Like 1

Ehm, what's the point of having them all 3 boxed without DLC?

There goes there only reason it could have been worth having, gone with the wind.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Heh, my dear suomi friend you appear to be Taking Things Rather Seriously.

But to be frank, yes, I think a lot of people hate on EA because it's "cool" to do so. I don't like EA nor pretty much any other publisher but it gets utterly tiresome to go on and on and on and on and on and on about it, and you can hardly open a topic without either a Tourette's or 5 Minute Hate style EA loatheathon at some point. Origin is what it is (a direct steam equivalent lacking 3rd party originworks), the pricing is what it is (high, but it will inevitably drop), the dlc policy is what it is and they do do these things for a reason and not just to randomly annoy 'customers'. If you seriously believe raging on the internet will have the slightest influence on that then... well, it won't, you're wasting your time and you'll end up giving yourself an ulcer to boot.

If you don't like it, don't buy it, simple as that. End of the day money is what corporations understand above all else.

Yes I'm such a serious fellow when it comes to these things. And to be frank, I don't think lots of people take this seriously enough.

EA does things for reason: More money. More money from our pockets. I haven't bought EA game since ME2 and I would like to see more people doing the same, because with that new SimCity coming you can clearly see what road gaming industry is currently going down. Price 60€ even for standard Limited Edition, has to be activated through Origin, 5 day-one-DLCs only for buyers of Digital Deluxe/Collector's Edition EDIT: Internet connection required to start the game. Useless to say I won't buy it though I very much would like to, but just going "That's how it is. Nothing I can do about it" is helping even less than "raging" about it online.

As for "raging." It might not help, but that's what you do on internet forum anyway. Talk about things. Anything you say here is probably read by handful or, if you get very lucky, possibly few dozen people. It's all just waste of time if you think it that way so please don't play that mentor thing on me. I'll use my time as I wish and say what I think. I'm not here trying to make difference, just to talk. You don't have to read it or reply to it if it's just boring blabber about EA evilness.

Best wishes,

Your Suomi friend :p

Edited by Haerski
  • Like 1

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

I got ME on Steam, ME2 on DVD and ME3 on Origin..

I only need to buy ME2 (again) on Steam to have them all in the cloud. I kind of wish I could have ME3 on Steam as well, because the Origin server doesn't seem to be working so well around these parts. There is an insane amount of lag in the ME3 menus and everything related to the storefront for the ME3 multiplayer even though the game in itself seems to be working flawlessly. Maybe Origin is not really to blame, but I don't really like the design of it either. All the menus are in danish, but the store is using some geo-ip tracking to display it all in russian, guess I won't be buying any games on origin, nor the ME Trilogy which seems to be on sale already.

I used to love having boxes and all the goodies inside, but after the trouble I had moving to Ukraine and around the country I don't like having luggage at all. I wish I could transfer my bed to a pink fluffy cloud as well and just plugin to sleep.

(Signatures: disabled) 

• 2 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/...612856517181440

We're in early stages of designing a completely new Mass Effect game. What would you want to see in it?

Quad-titted Alien chicks. Preferably blue.

Casey Hudson's asking fans what they want to see in it? I have a fear that they'll listen to the wrong group of fans, and we'll end up seeing either an MMO or a CoD-esque shooter. Or even a strategy game, which while I know some on here are fans of, I simply don't want to see made in place of another RPG. So my "suggestion" is for them to not listen to any suggestions that involve changing the game into something other than an action/RPG.

The only other suggestion I'd offer, if I thought there was even the slightest chance they'd listen, is no endings like ME3 where they introduce something that wasn't even known to the player for 99% of the series, which in turn completely ruins the previous 99% of the series. Stop trying to be "artistic", because frankly, you're not talented enough to write a story with that kind of ending, and stick to doing what you do best: simplistic, straight forward stories with only minor twists, but are otherwise decent fun.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

But to be frank, yes, I think a lot of people hate on EA because it's "cool" to do so.

I think it's hip to hate on people who hate on EA. Stop trying to be cool.

• Like 1

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

I hate people who think it's hip to hate on people hating on people who hate EA.

That aside, I guess it could be mildly interesting to see what they would do with a brand new ME series. I'd love for them to pull a reverse DA2 and turn it into a isometric group-based pause-and-play tactical RPG with a non-voiced protagonist and plethora of races and classes to chose from -- ie. a LOT more complex than any of the previous titles -- but that probably won't happen before hell freezes over.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Of course it won't. Mass Effect is their attempt to sneak into the Gears of Duty: Battlefield Warfare Ops market. They would sooner drop all its RPG trappings than make it more like a strategic/tactical top-down cRPG.

Dragon Age 3 stands a better chance of being good, but I'm pretty sure BW is after people of another crowd - the same crowd that supported PE is not the same crowd BW/EA wants purchasing its games. They believe that market is too small. Or, if it's not too small, they can't milk it like they can the Sports/FPS market, with near-identical releases every 9-12 months.

Edited by anubite
  • Like 1

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go: