Mass effect Trilogy

greylord

Out of curiosity, what, if anything, has the Montreal studio produced thus far? I'm curious about what kind of product they've shown they're capable of developing. Might also give an indication of the ... direction ... they'll take the ME series.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Bioware Montreal hasn't produced anything. Edit: If I'm reading miscellaneous wikis right, they've helped out with some titles, like Mass Effect 2.

I wonder if they're sharing any talent with EA Montreal, who did Army of Two.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Out of curiosity, what, if anything, has the Montreal studio produced thus far?

They were a part of ME2 and ME3's development. A good chunk of people in Montreal are actually people that have relocated from Edmonton (Quebec offers huge cost savings for tech companies, which is why so many are based out of there).

Unsurprisingly, the Edmonton team is shifting onto a different project.

They were a part of ME2 and ME3's development. A good chunk of people in Montreal are actually people that have relocated from Edmonton (Quebec offers huge cost savings for tech companies, which is why so many are based out of there).

The follow up question is then: were they part of the *good* parts of ME2 and ME3's development, or the parts that were responsible for the massive uproar? :p

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The follow up question is then: were they part of the *good* parts of ME2 and ME3's development, or the parts that were responsible for the massive uproar? :p

According to Patrick Weekes, the endings was all Hudson and Walters with no input from the other writers. Weekes was pissed to say the least.

Who was in charge of auto-dialogue, Williams barbifcation and default weapons on cut-scenes? That's the better question.

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Default weapons in cut scenes... like in all the three games? At least it no longer switches Williams to actually using a pistol like in the final ME1 cutscene. :p

They share the same building.

Bio Montreal has created all the ME2 DLC, ME3 multiplayer and the upcoming Omega DLC.

Pretty sure the only ME2 DLC they did was Arrival.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Default weapons in cut scenes... like in all the three games? At least it no longer switches Williams to actually using a pistol like in the final ME1 cutscene. :p

Bio Montreal has created all the ME2 DLC, ME3 multiplayer and the upcoming Omega DLC.

Pretty sure I'm not sure about that, but nobody can be sure. Surely you understand?

Pretty sure I'm not sure about that, but nobody can be sure. Surely you understand?

Don't quit your day job. Unless it's comedy or running a gaming news site.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Sales in Japan skyrocket? <.<

Japan gives so few ****s about Mass Effect, it's not even funny. Maybe if they'd actually done Japanese voice overs it might have actually made a mark, but games like Fallout 3, New Vegas and Borderlands 2 are dramatically more popular there.

Case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obTxjPGKSeg

And before you ask, it's content from Fallout 3 synced to the opening credits of a 1970s Japanese cop show known for over the top action scenes and constant big explosions and shootouts despite the illegality of guns in Japan.

Edited by AGX-17

Yanick Roy@YanickRRoy

The quantities may vary, but you can expect the same basic ingredients you found in ME1-3

This was the response from the head guy at BioWare Montreal working on ME to a question on twitter asking whether the new ME will go in a more shooter direction. It sounds rather vague. What exactly does "the quantities may vary" even mean, in regards to what was asked?

Yanick Roy@YanickRRoy

The quantities may vary, but you can expect the same basic ingredients you found in ME1-3

This was the response from the head guy at BioWare Montreal working on ME to a question on twitter asking whether the new ME will go in a more shooter direction. It sounds rather vague. What exactly does "the quantities may vary" even mean, in regards to what was asked?

I think he's making a cooking analogy. The quantity of ingredients will vary. Instead of 2 tablespoons of oregano, he's using 1.

So yes, it's vague. He's essentially saying "more or less."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's probably the eternal pessimist in me, but his tweet read to me like he didn't deny they were going with a more shooter direction, but that there would still be some inkling of RPG elements in it. Otherwise, he would have said a bit more to shoot down the "shooter direction" comment the person he was responding to made.

My pessimistic forecast: ME4 (or whatever it is called) will make ME3 seem like a hardcore cRPG in comparison.

Yanick Roy@YanickRRoy

I think he's making a cooking analogy. The quantity of ingredients will vary. Instead of 2 tablespoons of oregano, he's using 1.

So yes, it's vague. He's essentially saying "more or less."

Hopefully he doesn’t use cayenne pepper. I never thought cayenne pepper should be used with oregano they just don’t go together. Like oil and water.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

Japan gives so few ****s about Mass Effect, it's not even funny. Maybe if they'd actually done Japanese voice overs it might have actually made a mark, but games like Fallout 3, New Vegas and Borderlands 2 are dramatically more popular there.

I understand my joke wasn't really that funny, but I am getting the impression that it zipped right over your head...

BioWare games have the potential to be very popular in Japan, they just need to make the love interests about ten years younger.

But will they be kawaii enough?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

BioWare games have the potential to be very popular in Japan, they just need to make the love interests about ten years younger.

I thought that was why Liara was there? She is in her own words considered a child amongst her people. Doesn't stop Shepard of course :p

I've been playing a bit of ME2 recently, trying out the bunch of DLC's I purchased. Overlord was sort of Ok, although it doesn't get anywhere near the Geth Collective in ME3 (which was damn good IMO). I just finished Lair of the Shadowbroker and while I hate boss fights passionately, some of the other bits of the DLC was good. Especially the dossier. No idea who wrote the little stories in there, but the guy gets a 'Like' from Gorth. Mirandas online dating attempts and Grunts search history were particularly funny..

I still don't own ME1, but the genesis interactive comic thingy sort of gave the rundown of key events I suppose? Can't remember having seen much else in reviews and youtube vids.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heh, and they've jumped on the BlackOps issue.

Put out a point of saying that the first 50 people to send them pictures of themselves holding the ME2 version of BlackOps2 disc will get a free digital download of the ME trilogy.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."