Update #18: George Ziets, Paladins, Add-Ons, Rewards, and More!

I am doubting that it will be possible to reach 2.8 :(

Several other projects have show a sharp increase in donations toward the end, so it's always possible.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I've never been a fan of the bard class, but I have to admit, chanters sound like they could be pretty cool, and I love the unshackling of Paladins from the Lawful Good role. Having never had the opportunity to try 4th Edition D&D, I know nothing about its warlord class, so your description of the paladin class in P:E reminds me more of the cavalier class from Pathfinder.

Anyway, great update, Obsidian! This one, combined with the preceding ones, got me to increase my pledge from $73 to $148. I really shouldn't be spending my savings like that, being unemployed and all, but your game just keeps sounding more and more awesome. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I have to say that I'm going to do something I never do, which is create a non-mage character on my first run. It's settled, I can create a Homeric bard, and that's just too much awesome to leave for a second run.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

This is the sound of me upping my pledge from $110 to $140+20.

I feel confident that we'll make $2.7M on time, but not as confident about $2.8M. I really hope we'll get there, though, since getting Ziets rehired would be a very cool thing to be a part of.

Something stirs within...

Warlord is an awesome class in 4E. It's really nice to have healing not come from magic all the time.

I never got to play a Warlord yet... but I have hopes.

I played a Kobold Warlord. Running around and giving downed party members the stink eye from an adorable 2 foot tall lizard really motivated them.

It's kind of cool to just imagine a character running up to them and picking them up off the ground, dusting them off, and giving them a good "hold in there" or "don't you @#%# this up" as a form of healing instead of exclusively light coming down from the sky.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Warlord is an awesome class in 4E. It's really nice to have healing not come from magic all the time.

Totally agree. "Healing" should incorporate combat fervor and "will to go on" in a fight, not only injuries.

Just a random comment about this concept. ;) LotRO does not have health but a "morale" bar, so the idea is that "healing" is related to one's morale in combat. An example heal skill would be "bolster courage." Interesting concept but everyone just treats it as normal health anyway. I suppose the reason why this mechanic is used is because Tolkien's world is low-magic, and there's no such thing as a rez spell in the sense of dead coming back to life; instead of character death, there's defeat and retreat, and instead of a raise dead/resurrection spell, there are skills like "rally."

Carry on...

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Sounds great, but i really hope all these additional classes transform into extra story content. Although i'm very optimistic.

As you will add the PayPal pledges is there some site/way to know where we are standing ?

Please :)

Each companion they add likely increases the intra-party dialogue in proportion to the number of possible companions (2n - 1, where n is the total companions). I'm guessing they may also be planning to add character-specific side quests as well. Finally, it adds to the variations in enemy classes we'll face.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Nice update.

I'm excited about seeing the first screenshot on thursday. :) I really hope Obsidian have got it just right, as I think it's the kind of thing that could really influence pledges a LOT, for better or worse.

They are using the same basic methods as ToEE. So that is the baseline that I am expecting. Anything better than that would be bonus, but anything worse would be a bit of a letdown.

Nice update.

I'm excited about seeing the first screenshot on thursday. :) I really hope Obsidian have got it just right, as I think it's the kind of thing that could really influence pledges a LOT, for better or worse.

They are using the same basic methods as ToEE. So that is the baseline that I am expecting. Anything better than that would be bonus, but anything worse would be a bit of a letdown.

'Better' is highly subjective, given the whole debate over 2D vs 3D. But yeah... based on developer comments, i'm expecting something fairly similar to ToEE also.

It would have been nice to have some rogue/non-hero/evil classes instead of the strait up leans heavily toward good. Something like assassin, necromancer, dark knight, cutlist...etc. Tired of the 'hero' classes and dissapointed that is mostly what we have at the stretch goals. Even if they added some now as another stretch goal, it will be probably too late and everybody is tapped out. palidans, bards(oops..I meant chanters), barbarians... *sigh* I am happy for those who like these classes, it is just a shame that those of us who like playing something different got the short end of the straw.

Chanters and Barbarians seem like they could lean to the evil side without stretching the imagination. Even this paladin is less holy than most. Mages could have necromancer type abilities. Another rogue-like class or two I agree with.

Edited by ogrezilla
  • Like 1