Update #18: George Ziets, Paladins, Add-Ons, Rewards, and More!

Good call on Ziets. Good writers are always a welcome addition. Yet another 'classes' stretchgoal sounds a bit meh on it's own to me after there being so many already, though, and the new add on's don't intrigue me at all. A good update as they've all been up to now, but not really spectacular - imo.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

not sure if this has been answered in other topics, but i'm curious.

what will hapen to these classes/dungeons/levels...etc if the stretch goals aren't met? i.e. will pallys/chanters (bards) be added in with a future expansion (paid?)

I played a bard in my first D&D game, and totally rocked it. I'd love to give it another go.

Thanks

A work in progress

Awesome news about Paladins, I hope we can make it to $2.7 million.

Have you seen the reactions around here? We're hitting 2.8 if several forum regulars have to go rob a bank.

Yeah, they really should have made Paladins a $50 million stretch goal or something. I'm sure some of the regular commentors would have pulled off an oceans eleven-esque heist of the century to get there.

High-Priest of Funk of the Obsidian Order

Oooh, I'm liking these goals, I hope we can make it to 2.8. I'm trying to not be cynical about reaching these.

Also, I noticed the little lore bits in the Paladin description. "Darcozzi Paladini" and "Fellows of St. Waidwen Martyr". I wonder what kind of civilization they belong to?

The first one sounds kinda Italian (as far as my knowledge of Italian goes) and the other sounds quite English.

I hope the Thursday update goes into detail about the nations and cultures of the world.

Thanks to whomever gave up their early backer slot. I snuck in and stole one of the freed up ones.

edit: Also, anyone ready to speculate on the graphic and the relative locations of the stretch goals? Looks like the picture can't handle more than 3.2M.

Edited by anexanhume

Not quite as excited about the newest classes, but I'm sure it'll make some people giddy with pleasure.

I had mixed feelings about Mask of the Betrayer, but it was definitely unique.

Sheesh, now I'm almost grumbling (slapping self). :blush:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

what will hapen to these classes/dungeons/levels...etc if the stretch goals aren't met? i.e. will pallys/chanters (bards) be added in with a future expansion (paid?)

I played a bard in my first D&D game, and totally rocked it. I'd love to give it another go.

Thanks

there is a very, very good chance of that considering they normally add skills/etc, not just story and areas.

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

Thanks

Given that they've already announced a post-release expansion, I'm pretty sure unmet stretch goals are likely to end up there.

Should be able to hit the goal - I've already put in as much as I want to, but I figure you lot can make up 200k in a week.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, chanters = bards as it seems. :)

Although they seem to be less "tra-la-la lute playing during battle" and more "recitations of ancient epic poems that retain connections to mysterious sources of mystical power." Which is far less lame.

I've never been as over-the-moon about MotB as many around here (it just required me to swallow far too much Forgotten Realms cosmology, which I find tough to do while keeping a straight face), but it did have its moments. It'd be nice to see more of what Ziets can accomplish absent the twin anchors of established FR canon and chesse-tastic epic-level D&D rules.

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1