Update #18: George Ziets, Paladins, Add-Ons, Rewards, and More!

*snip*

George is a story based stretch goal, and probably one of the best things ever if you are a story guy. He is by far one of the best story guys that I've ever worked with.

And, oh yeah, we aren't done yet. :)

I would imagine George Ziets and Chris Avellone working on a story together to be just about one of the most perfect things to happen in gaming. I hope we blow past 2.8 mil in quick order.

• Like 2

High-Priest of Funk of the Obsidian Order

Will George join as a *real* employee? So, if Project Eternity would end up successfull at retail he could even stay? :)

Well, it always depends on the level of success. Obsidian had to lay off some of its "real" employees after Fallout: New Vegas because they were in a tough situation, for example.

• Like 1

If this game ends up being successful there is no limit to the possibilities. Obsidian could make a spiritual sequel to Torment or explore some of the themes KOTOR 2 touched on, or they could even go hog wild and make some old-school turn-based RPG. That's why it's so important we support them now.

Edit: ARCANUM DEUX: THE SEQUEL. WE KNOW YOU WANT TO.

Edited by Jasede
  • Like 1

If you are concerned about more story stretchgoals George Ziets has you covered. He helped create the only experience that has come close to the Infinity engine games in recent times, and he did it as an expansion pack. Imagine what he can do with this dream team and a full game with likely expansion packs and sequels?

This is some awsome stuff right here.

Will George join as a *real* employee? So, if Project Eternity would end up successfull at retail he could even stay? :)

A good question. I'm guessing he'll do this as a freelancer?

"Have pen, will travel" reads the card of George Ziets

Edited by ogrezilla

I'll be very happy to get the Bard-like Chanters in the game. I'll definitely be having one of those in my party for multiple reasons: a) they're awesome b) Bards tend to make some of the most colorful and interesting companion characters. I don't care much for Paladins, however I know a lot of people like them so it's cool that they will be in the game if we get to that stretch goal.

Most importantly, I'm super excited to see George Ziets back in the fold. We HAVE TO get to the 2.8 million goal! :yes:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Since we don't know exactly how big and expansive the game will be, i don't know if what i suggest is worthwhile,but would you consider adding more enemy variety as a stretch goal or at least part of a stretch goal.

One of the things i really liked about Baldur's Gate 2 was the sheer variety and lethality of the enemies but also that you would fight them in places they were suppose to dwell.

For example,you would fight Mind Flayers in their city if i remember correctly,Umber Hulks underground,Beholders in some sick places i can't name,Vampires and Liches in their tombs etc.

• Like 1

Excellent update! I traditionally play a paladin, so that's great news. I also have always had a problem RPing worshiping a god, so I'm loving your take on him. The same goes for the bard. The explanation for that class alone would have gotten me to pledge. Everything is just so thought out. This world will clearly feel real and I love that. And if Ziets is even half as good as the boards have been saying, that goal is wonderful news as well. Now please announce that you'll be doing like Wastelands and keeping Paypal open so I can keep upping my rewards. I want you to take my money, I just haven't made it yet!

• Like 1

What, so you don't think this KS will shake the foundations of the industry ?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sweet Jesus, Ziets? The last time he and Avellone worked together resulted in the best expansion ever made. The only worry that i have now is the "Too much chefs in the kitchen"-syndrome...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The industry is already being shaken by other factors. Kickstarter is a more an effect than a cause of said shaking.

Ehh, maybe. I doubt the big publishers are going to learn much from this, but maybe I'm being pessimistic.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I hope the chanter is a grumpy old man.

Funny. A less irritating Chanter than Grobnar would be good, or I may have to lock him in the basement of the house. ;)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Man, I hope these goals get met, I wanna be the spooniest bard of them all.

But, I do like the fluff being such that one could be a ba-- chanter, and have it not be too silly.

And my two issues with MotB I think had pretty much everything to do with the game not being able to mess with FR lore, and not much to do with the writers, in that at the end...

I couldn't do either of the things I wanted to do. My choice to try to destroy the wall of the faithless was just sorta NOPE'D because that would change the setting too much, and I didn't get to just go back to my awesome keep and hang out with my slav-- friends like I really wanted to, because a character that epic level would have also messed with the setting a lot, and it really felt like the game just had to keep the status-quo.

But aside from those issues, it felt really solid, and George seems like he'll be a real asset to the team!