RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

There's a really interesting spaceship design and management game called Starship Coroporation looking for kickstarter backing. It's already met it's goal so that's good news and it looks absolutely brilliant, you should check it out if you've ever dreamed of designing space ships and fighting off boarding parties, crazy AI, ship-to-ship combat and other emergencies.

Edited by Serrano

Considering that most people weren't even aware that OnLive was even in operating status until now says a lot too.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

For how long was OnLive onlive anyway? I heard about it, but other than the name and what it does, there was never a news about anything.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I think they will be OK, if they can hold out just a while longer. With the smart TV's coming, they have a huge market opening up to them.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yet one of them is actually playable now. Nice images though

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Do we get to play as the Warden, because otherwise I have no interest?

That ship has sailed, my friend. We'll never play the Warden again.

May I ask why that's an issue for you? I could understand wanting customization like the Warden, but why specifically the Warden?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

May I ask why that's an issue for you? I could understand wanting customization like the Warden, but why specifically the Warden?

I guess that the only thing that would keep me going back to the series would be closure. Wrapping up all the cliffhangers from Origins, or else when I see the characters I still have the same view of them that I did while roleplaying the Warden and it just ruins the interaction for me.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I guess that the only thing that would keep me going back to the series would be closure. Wrapping up all the cliffhangers from Origins, or else when I see the characters I still have the same view of them that I did while roleplaying the Warden and it just ruins the interaction for me.

I might need some specifics. What cliffhangers? What characters are you expecting to see again?

I wish Dragon Age would take the same route as Elder Scrolls. I don't think it makes any sense to be seeing the same characters in completely different nations. But I guess it doesn't matter because my interest is almost non-existent either way.

I might need some specifics. What cliffhangers? What characters are you expecting to see again?

I wish Dragon Age would take the same route as Elder Scrolls. I don't think it makes any sense to be seeing the same characters in completely different nations. But I guess it doesn't matter because my interest is almost non-existent either way.

IIRC, in one of the epilogues in Origins there were hints that Morrigan had become court mage in Orlais which hinted to the continuity of the subplot involving "GodChild" she may have conceived with the Warden.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

IIRC, in one of the epilogues in Origins there were hints that Morrigan had become court mage in Orlais which hinted to the continuity of the subplot involving "GodChild" she may have conceived with the Warden.

The only epilogue that had that one was specifically the one where she didn't have a child. They feel free to ignore epilogues anyway.

I can see wanting to play the warden again if Morrigan shows up. In that context it makes sense.

Anyone who's even read the blurb about Gaider's last novel could've put together that much about the story.

Personally, am pissed off they left us hanging with Hawke. Would've liked to see the story finished as they had intended.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Anyone who's even read the blurb about Gaider's last novel could've put together that much about the story.

Personally, am pissed off they left us hanging with Hawke. Would've liked to see the story finished as they had intended.

It's bad enough that he writers the games, I don't think I can stomach his prose without gameplay. I really can't stop thinking about him as a poor's man R.R. Martin.

Oh, and fantasy is way below in my reading tastes.

village_idiot.gif

Anyone can put a plot synopsis out, but not anyone can put some concept art that matches stylistically what has already been shown during panels/talks/etc. Regardless, EA's lawyers is making various websites take those screenshots down, though I'm leaning more towards real rather than elaborate troll :p

It's bad enough that he writers the games, I don't think I can stomach his prose without gameplay. I really can't stop thinking about him as a poor's man R.R. Martin.

Oh, and fantasy is way below in my reading tastes.

To be fair, he's a poor man's David Eddings.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.