RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

I got a few shirts from there when I was in high school, honestly surprised they're still around (they were pretty pricey for clothes).

edit: Seems like they focused mainly now on video game branded clothes instead of geek culture in general.

Edited by Syraxis

Sweet. I actually think I might know someone working on that project.

That is great news. I wonder when Obsidian will follow? I already own a NWN 2 T-shirt, which I would like to complement with more...

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

From what I understand, the main people who worked on Riddick left Starbreeze not too long after the release. Articles that state "from the makers of Riddick" are somewhat misleading.

Some of the key people, yes. They formed Machine Games which was later acquired by Bethesda, so who knows what they're working on right now. But if they manage to re-capture the same beautiful charm of Darkness and Riddick, I'm game.

Is anybody else interested in this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uL84jWdCps

The game looks really neat but MY GOD is the main character unlikeable!

Ouch, I feel bad for Frank.

its assassins creed?

the animations are identical. exact same engine and animations? weird. did they license that or just copy it?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

From what I understand, the main people who worked on Riddick left Starbreeze not too long after the release. Articles that state "from the makers of Riddick" are somewhat misleading.

Some of the key people, yes. They formed Machine Games which was later acquired by Bethesda, so who knows what they're working on right now. But if they manage to re-capture the same beautiful charm of Darkness and Riddick, I'm game.

Yeah - been checking for a while for what the Machine Games crew is working on, but there's been no info at this point. I'm curious, at the least. Pretty talented group.

Mount&blade 2 (semi)officailly announced

Hopefully they'll improve the engine and fix ground combat.

Awesome. I am assuming it will be a decent upgrade in terms of the engine, given the official expansions always did a pretty great job with improving the graphics. I'm not quite sure what you mean by fixing the combat, the game is perfect in that regard.

Awesome. I am assuming it will be a decent upgrade in terms of the engine, given the official expansions always did a pretty great job with improving the graphics. I'm not quite sure what you mean by fixing the combat, the game is perfect in that regard.

The RTS bit could had used a bit of polishing, even with the mods I don't feel that strategy actually plays much of a role.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The RTS bit could had used a bit of polishing, even with the mods I don't feel that strategy actually plays much of a role.

No strategy or tactics will play a role as long as the engine allows variable amount of troops in battles.

Can't have the thing working with 100 soldiers if it was meant to work with 20.

I'm more concerned with the on foot combat which was simply bad.

Not only did they go with the 'legs independent of shoulders' mode which promotes nonsensical circle strafing or kiting but also couldn't get any formations right which turned any castle assault into a gigantic mess of overlapping hitboxes with little to none collision detection.

This seems very lol. But I already wondered why there was no news anymore about this game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was really looking forward to the old FPS one. But as a "Bioshock 1950s" not as an Xcom game.

Resident Evil 6 reviews are out and they're all over the place.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-resident-evil-6-235326.phtml#ext

http://www.gamespot.com/resident-evil-6/videos/video-review-resident-evil-6-6397436/

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sad that a series like Resident Evil gets 6 titles + spinoffs. It is a prime example of equal parts convoluted and outright stupid storytelling (as is typical of japanese games anyway).

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Sad that a series like Resident Evil gets 6 titles + spinoffs. It is a prime example of equal parts convoluted and outright stupid storytelling (as is typical of japanese games anyway).

Up until 5 I had enjoyed all titles, but then again quality fell down in Capcom games ever since the firing of their main people.

I expect 6 to be Resident Evil 5.1.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I played everything up until 4. Now the first three were stupid in good way and ok for their time (what was it, PS one - and considering the real horror came from the dysfunctional control scheme), but 4 was ludicrous. The way it starts off as classic horror but half way turns into a Tarantino movie, with the whole surreal "look we're in the middle ages" act.

Really, most things they're accusing no 6. of could be applied to 4 as well, only everyone was going bonkers over the production values at the time far too much to notice that nothing made even elementary sense in that game.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.