What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

Gave up on Max Payne 3. Got to the last, or thereabouts, bossfight with a guy hiding behind a riot shield and shooting a grenade launcher, died close to 100 times on hard and a few more on easy. Just couldn't figure out what direction the game was shoohorning me into then decided I didn't care. A shame really it was pretty good otherwise.

Why are most bossfights anoying anomalies that you just wish were over. There are better ways of making it difficult than having the player go through a trail and error process because the gameplay is different from what you have been doing 90% of the time.

I shall now proceed to point my finger at you and laugh heartily: Ha, Ha, Ha.

That is all.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Anno 2070. I'm really liking this game. I've played one of the world event missions and 3 campaign missions. I think I know what I'm doing, just need to plan my cities better.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ok, I have now played with the maps system in Path of Exile for a few (too many, actually..) hours.

They removed the Maelstr

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Btw, I counted my last run: 18 rare monsters (yellow) + the act 2 boss. No maps dropped. Back to the beginning.. after a 15 minute waiting period (for some reason the zone reset function doesn't work for me).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Anno 2070. I'm really liking this game. I've played one of the world event missions and 3 campaign missions. I think I know what I'm doing, just need to plan my cities better.

I bought this game collection off the Steam sale and started playing tonight. I only got through 3 campaign mission so far, so not too far, however am sort of getting the hang of it. Seems like there's a ton of depth to explore with this game and any game play videos for beginners have helped quite a bit so far. Can't wait to explore more into the game and its depth as I'm sure it'll provide better and better gameplay.

The one thing that bothers me about it is they have limited unlocks. Like, you have to do the world event missions within a certain time frame or you can never get those upgrades. Unless you buy the DLC.

Granted, the DLC is only a dollar, that still seems totally uncool.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There is a mod somewhere that allows you to use all party-members at once which can be handy. However, it *does* break one particular cutscene (along with the quest progression) later on so be careful if you decide to use it.

EDIT: I've mainly been playing more Civ V with the Gods and Kings expansion. Really enjoying the game a lot despite a few flaws here and there. Main annoying thing is that (in classic Civ fashion) turns can take sooo long in latter parts of the game, especially if you want to play more big and epic maps.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The one thing that bothers me about it is they have limited unlocks. Like, you have to do the world event missions within a certain time frame or you can never get those upgrades. Unless you buy the DLC.

Granted, the DLC is only a dollar, that still seems totally uncool.

I agree, I went through the first campaign, which I believe was 4 missions, and have now started on my first world event I believe. And I agree that only being able to unlock stuff during the world events is kind of crappy. On a better note, after playing about 4 1/2 games now, I believe I'm getting the hang of it and am really enjoying the depth offered and I don't even believe I've scratched the surface really. I look forward to more missions or non-mission unending games. Or even Multiplayer to check it out. I bought the collection off steam, so while I missed the stuff in the deluxe edition (which I'm assumed came with the collection, but it didn't), I know what you mean, because of not even being able to pay a couple bucks for what's in the deluxe edition including tech tree, soundtrack, and two bonuses.

tried playing max payne 3. the game installed fine but then wouldn't start, it would just get frozen at the "initializing" screen.

after spending 3 hours reading forums and trying to get the game to work, i gave up and uninstalled it. i'll try again after they patch it.

played crysis 2 instead, i'm 6 hours into it and it kinda sucks. i don't know what i was expecting, crysis 1 was not very much fun either. i liked far cry though...

maybe i'll try playing League of Legends? i keep hearing people talk about it and it's free to play right? hmm, maybe i should just go back to writing until guild wars 2 or borderlands 2 come out..

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Now that I'm back online I was able to finish downloading Space Marines via Steam.. so I'm about to give that a try and see how it feels..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

tried playing max payne 3. the game installed fine but then wouldn't start, it would just get frozen at the "initializing" screen.

after spending 3 hours reading forums and trying to get the game to work, i gave up and uninstalled it. i'll try again after they patch it.

played crysis 2 instead, i'm 6 hours into it and it kinda sucks. i don't know what i was expecting, crysis 1 was not very much fun either. i liked far cry though...

maybe i'll try playing League of Legends? i keep hearing people talk about it and it's free to play right? hmm, maybe i should just go back to writing until guild wars 2 or borderlands 2 come out..

Nice... can't believe the hassle it is to get some of these games to work properly.

If it's frozen at the loading screen its a simple solution, log in to the Rockstar club and if you don't have an account then make one.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

you mean, exit the game, sign onto a website and then try my game again and see if it works?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

you mean, exit the game, sign onto a website and then try my game again and see if it works?

Or download a fix, if the laws of your country allows you to bypass DRM on your legally owned piece of software.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I recommend you to play this game, it is awesome DotA clone. Just beware, the level of retardness and immaturity of the community is sky high, so I recommend you to find as soon as possible some like-minded online friends and try to play premade games only... The level of fun increases more than tenfold this way...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

so its a drm issue? i saw a lot of people with the same problem saying it was a bug relating to rockstar social club, but i tried all the fixes suggested and none of them worked.

rockstars website has a few suggestions, those didnt work either, im just hoping it gets patched.

as for league of legends, immature people on the internet dont bother me as long as i can mute them...

Inside game press "Home" log into your Rockstar Social club account or make one.

village_idiot.gif

That doesn't work, I press home, nothing happens

I don't have this problem, however when I try to play from my laptop, instead of my desktop, I can't get past the part where you need to tie it to your account, although it's already tied to the account from playing through the entire game on my desktop. I think all this stuff, like "Rockstar Club" is useless and doesn't serve a purpose.

Takes a bit but usually a prompt appears telling you to press Home after starting the game, or you could try starting the social club first then the game.. If it doesn't then maybe you got a serious problem.

village_idiot.gif

It serves a DRM purpose. You have to create an online profile, which gives them time to check if your game is cracked. Of course it didn't work, but then nothing they ever try works. Diablo 3 was cracked maybe a week later than norm complete with an always online server emulator.

That and execs love looking at statistics. Information about how their customers play their games will likely be used to screw something up that didn't need changing some time in the future.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Decided to give Hard Reset a go, forgot I really suck at FPS games of this sort, but is nice to just blast stuff for a while. Also playing Civ 4, giving 5 a break, did play one map where the AI was a lot more aggressive than I recall - I guess they were all non-vanilla Civs and got some improvement to that. But about to unleash my SoDs on the Germans, huzzah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra