What are you playing now?

Finished Witcher 2 for the second time, taking Iorvath's path this time. Witcher 2 is exactly what Mass Effect 3 was promised to be. Now that's what I'd call a game where the player's choices matter and have an effect on how the game plays out for each individual player.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Trying to hit some of my older backlog. First up was P.N.03. Now I remember why I didn't play it much. Not a very engaging game. I'll just scratch that one off.

Next up Killer 7.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Going to give Gabriel Knight 2 a go.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dishwasher: Vampire Smile

Talk about gory. I have to admit it is a lot of fun. Played in co-op first, but the game keeps freezing at the same spot. I'm now replaying on my own to see if it will freeze again. Still have a ways to go before I reach that place again. The bosses are challenging in a good way and my favorite move is dodging. Never has it been so fun to dodge.

Just about finished Skyrim.

While I see that it fixed some problems present in Oblivion I still liked it's predecessor more.

Especially the guild quest-lines ended up really disappointing.

I still can't believe that as a part of the main quest I had to run a conference.

I mean what's next?

Conduct a census?

Collect taxes?

Maybe run for an office?

Overall the game is certainly not bad but after a wait that long Bethesda could have done better.

it seems to me that everyone not playing diablo 3 is missing out.

but i guess there are some people who never liked the diablo series?

boo to that i say. this game is super fun

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I tried. Diablo is actually the reason I didn't play any western RPGs until like 2002 or so. I was afraid they were all like that.

I kid you not. My first response to Baldur's Gate was "ugh, looks like Diablo."

i still remember fondly the heyday of diablo 1. click click click click click click click

and yet it was sooooooo fun. going deeper and deeper underground, finding better gear, constantly being killed by horrible monsters that surround you and lock you in hitstun...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

it seems to me that everyone not playing diablo 3 is missing out.

boo to that i say. this game is super fun

played diablo.

finished diablo.

was midly embarrassed that we actual played diablo to its conclusion. our completionist tendency, bordering almost on an ocd compulsion, had us mindlessly playing the original diablo for many hours... but not too many. diablo gameplay felt a bit like playing single-player pong on easy difficulty setting. the only saving grace for us were that unlike pong, diablo had a conclusion. game over. hallelujah.

is not that diablo were a bad game. for what it was, it were a fine game. blizzard discovered the correct formula or alchemy for an action-rpg. peoples coulds see their character getting more powhaz and better 10075 in just the correct amounts and frequency to stays motivated to play for the next hour... or 10. good game-- we could recognize why diablo were so successful even if it left us personally unfulfilled.

anywho, some time passes and diablo 2 rolls around... and iwd is a bit behind schedule. seems monumentally stoopid in retrospect, but we did indeed buy diablo 2 to fill the void. am doubting we played diablo 2 for more than 2 hours. with the second incarnation we could see (again) why the diablo franchise were popular, but for us it were 'bout as "fun" as pulling weeds.

diablo 3? yeah, right.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

diablo 1 has vastly superior music and atmosphere over diablo 2, but when it comes to playability.... diablo 2 improved on diablo 1 in so many ways, its very very hard to go back to D1 for me

verdict is still out on d3, i really like the return to the tristram theme song though, so in the music department its already beating d2

anywho, some time passes and diablo 2 rolls around... and iwd is a bit behind schedule. seems monumentally stoopid in retrospect, but we did indeed buy diablo 2 to fill the void.

Not sure what "void" you're talking about. IWD and Diablo 2 were released on the same day.

That said, I generally agree with your overall assessment of Diablo-esque ARPGs. Although I didn't actually play one until Torchlight. I got my $5 (hooray for Steam sales) worth of entertainment out of it, but I did feel little ashamed about the time it ate up.

Anyhow, I'm playing TWitcher 2. The nerf to Quen that was put in at some point between January and now has made the first chapter a lot harder than it was when I played version 2.0.

Edited by Enoch

anywho, some time passes and diablo 2 rolls around... and iwd is a bit behind schedule. seems monumentally stoopid in retrospect, but we did indeed buy diablo 2 to fill the void.

Not sure what "void" you're talking about. IWD and Diablo 2 were released on the same day.

That said, I generally agree with your overall assessment of Diablo-esque ARPGs. Although I didn't actually play one until Torchlight. I got my $5 (hooray for Steam sales) worth of entertainment out of it, but I did feel little ashamed about the time it ate up.

funny how memory works. we knows that iwd were targeted to get released Before diablo 2... that were one o' the reasons it were being rushed. we knew it failed to gets released before, but we thoughts it were hitting shelves a bit after diablo 2. odd.

aside: am not actually playing anything at the moment. me3 interested us less and less as it got closer to release, so we will wait for the inevitable end-of-year bargain offering before we delve into the conclusion o' the trilogy. no diablo 3 for us. da3 is on hold til after the mayan end o' the world target date.

at no point since 1997 has we had so little interest in computer games.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

For me it's all about D3, Company of Heroes and waiting for CoH 2 (next year). Having played CoH obsessively for many years I'm now almost slightly-OK-but-not-crap at it, which is a major achievement.

I'm also looking forward to the re-booted BG1 and have tried Dungeon Siege 3 (which is OK).

sonsofgygax.JPG

Diablo III, obviously.

I want to complete Risen 2, but in preparation for D3, I updated the drivers for my graphics card, and now the game went from silky smooth to a stutter fest. I'll look into this matter soon.

Tales of Graces f when I have some time not dedicated to D3 or other things.

Dishwasher: Vampire Smiles on Xbox 360.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 on Nintendo 3DS. 100+ hours and I'm not done yet. I have 42 missions left and some other stuff to get what I would consider 100% completion.

funny how memory works. we knows that iwd were targeted to get released Before diablo 2... that were one o' the reasons it were being rushed. we knew it failed to gets released before, but we thoughts it were hitting shelves a bit after diablo 2. odd.

Funny indeed. I have a rather vivid memory of driving to the game store in the mall a half-hour away from my parents' house (I was home for summer break after my Junior year of college) within a few days of their simultaneous release. I hit a fair amount of "people going to the beach" traffic, and it ended up taking a lot longer than I expected. And at the store I remember talking briefly to a mother and her roughly-11-year-old son about how excited they both were to get their hands on Diablo 2.

Luckily for me, I'm completely unaffected by the D3 "obsession". Never cared much the the entire genre of games. I can in a pinch be bothered to play a level or two of Zombie Shooter or Alien Shooter 2 :)

Still playing Warlock - Master of The Arcane. Still getting my butt handed to me by the damn elementals. Tried gangbanging one, sacrificing a lot of peasanst on the altar of martial success just to see the damn thing reduced to 2hp and then turn tail and flee back through it's own lines of cannon fodder. Since they heal at an alarming rate, it was full strength a few turns later when it came back and broke my siege of the "provicial capital". I also haven't gotten the hang of amphibious assaults yet, getting my troops shot up piecemeal because of failed coordination.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Act 0 of Diablo 3 where you fight the Lord of Impatience and the Lord of Entitlement

Act 0 of Diablo 3 where you fight the Lord of Impatience and the Lord of Entitlement

Act 0 was very tough. The bosses were crazy and it took an insane amout of retries to beat them. Error 37, Error 75 and error 3006 were exceptionally hard. But somehow I managed to kill them.

• Like 1

Never got into Diablo (or any Blizzard game really). Neither Torchlight nor Titan Quest. I did enjoy Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 immensely though.

Bit of a pickle what to play. Get my actual gaming PC back in a few days, so only a small time left on my spare I use now. So probably should do a short game so no transfering stuff when I do get my PC back. But I am rather interested in longer games at the moment... :(

Most of which also have bigger requirements than this PC possesses.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

If Gorth tells us how much he's enjoying Warlock one more time, I may have to hurt him. Tempted to get the game, but I have two games arriving this week and am trying to save in case Dragon's Dogma is good.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get back into Torchlight just to dodge all the Diablo III hype.