Diablo 3 Sign-Up

I've noticed that the coasting along level of difficulty changes considerably in Act Two. The crazy green flying bugs that fire machine gun mosquitos at you are driving me nuts.

Killed me a two times in a row before I understood what the hell was going on.

OK I'm off to bed, I have Diablo 3-inspired repetitive strain injury on my fingers from clicking. I also need one of those gaming mice I think, you can CLICK FASTER THAT WAY.

Did I mention that I love Diablo. But I hate the checkpoint save thing.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Does anyone have a guest pass to spare? I decided not to buy D3 before the exams this term, however playing just a little bit can't hurt, can it?

Does anyone around here fancy playing HC? On European servers? Also, my BattleTag is Rostere#2692.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Join uuuuusssss.....

Enjoying the increased difficulty of Act 2. Havent died but came close a few times. New critters, new powers, new environments, oh my! Just hit level 14 and unlocked my first Focus skill, Cyclone Strike, which pulls all enemies within 24 yards to me. My new favorite combo is to teleport in and punch, Cyclone strike everyone close, then flaming roundhouse them. Can clear a mob in seconds like that.

I've seen the entire game from beginning to end yesterday. Saw a friend play it from start to finish. They skipped some of it with the conversations, but overall it took them around 7-9 hours. Act I was the longest, Act 4 seemed incredibly short.

The worst bosses looked to be the

Belial which seemed to be extremely tough and killed them multiple times

and

Diablo Herself which took many many attempts

anyone watching and not playing is missing out on 99.99% of the fun. this is not a game to watch, its a game to play.

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Not worth the money for me. Not at what it costs now. Maybe when it falls to $20, AND (which they should by that point) servers that dont' get taken down several times a day for "maintenance" on them.

I'm happy waiting for now. Now that I've seen the actual game, don't really have any curiousity about what happens with the story either...though I would have

rather thought they should have had something more with free will there. Everyone said she would, but the way they turned Leah into Diablo (or ADRIA turned Leah into Diablo more precisely) kind of bites. It didn't seem like Leah was a willing participant overall to me, but once infused with all seven she basically became Diablo so that was the Big D speaking, not Leah. I would have thought Leah would have gone more the Deckard Cain route and had a choice to do that route instead. However, they have her do that entire Black soulstone thing (and she didn't even jam it into her head to corrupt her over time or anything, it happened pretty much...instantly.

So, not any big burning desire to play it currently for the cost. I have other games where I don't have to worry about lag, server takedowns, or other things. So for me it's for the best. Keeps me from getting upset I payed $60 for a game which still is buggy (or more likely the servers are still buggy) and has occasional problems, and when it is all cleared up it will be cheaper!!!

Edited by greylord

When they did the whole UNCLE DECKAAAAAAAAAARD thing I knew something I've always known, deep in my heart:

Blizzard cannot into stories, skip everything and go explode some dudes.

I think I'll fire up a wizard and play alongside my MP character, trying to talk to NPCs is impossible when I have to deal with 50% of my party whining about needing to go kill stuff, heh. Pleased that the DH does become more interesting as the game progresses, found her quite boring during the beta.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Im dying to start a Wizard but the Monk is good fun too. At level 21 (22?) I unlocked my first Mantra (which is a party buff) which adds Dodge to everyone. Cool concept but a pain in the butt to have to refresh every 3 minutes. And I was being a n00b a few posts up. I thought Act 2 started when the SK died but it turns out I just entered Act 2 last night. :blush: Now I see what you guys mean by the bugs that fire bugs at you...

I like the henchmen too. Took the Scoundrel for a while but went back to the Templar. Think Ill take the Enchantress for a spin tonight.

the Act 2 bugs that fire smaller bugs are the WORST. my witchdoctor has to constantly be resummoning his zombie dogs because they get one shotted by a single burst of mini-bugs

against most other enemies they can hang tough, but those bugs..... fffffuuuu

my demon hunter is level 14, my witch doctor level 17, my wizard level 12, and my barb only level 9

im still not sure which character will finish normal first...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Ok I caved and bought it, feel free to LOL at my inability to not buy it. ;) It was the Inferno difficulty videos that decided me. I really really really want to get to Hell and Inferno and beat it...probably solo. The challenge or something. I don't know. I makes me think of WoW in terms of the "game doesn't start until you're max level" concept. No no, not saying gameplay is like WoW...just mean leveling is fast, you reach max level fast, and it's the super-hard combat in those difficulties that will likely keep most people replaying for a long while.

Since I'm playing alone, I'm not terribly fast - and usually I'm slower than most even in solo - but for me this is going at a moderately quick clip. 16 hours in and I'm in mid-Act3. That's with taking my time exploring most maps fully, killing everything, side dungeons, spending too much time w/the blacksmith, etc. I haven't been rushing myself at all.

Solo Normal difficulty is still a joke to me. Hell difficulty can't come quick enough at the moment. I want to die a few dozen times plus per area, please. :D Seems like equipment choices for me will end up being main stat + VIT + magic find + life per hit. The life per hit is great when combined with a skill that does multple hits per cast. I love the Templar. Don't need his healing/tank right now but I'm sure he'll be useful later. The Scoundrel was funny but not my companion style. Enchantress felt kind of weak.

which adds Dodge to everyone. Cool concept but a pain in the butt to have to refresh every 3 minutes.

Mine lasts 10 minutes. I can't remember why. One of the skill runes for it boosted it to 8 min I think. Maybe an item stat gave it even more.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Solo Normal is easy pretty much up to Diablo; things are different after that, because Bliz design mob difficulty to account for grinds and reruns, and also for synergies between different characters. My 34 wizard is now in Act 1 nightmare but clearly not ready for it.

What's your dps? You can have 400-700dps as a Wiz by then if you're item lucky. Gems, use lots of gems.

Edit: and I know Normal is designed to be easy. I just wish they'd allowed one to skip it. It's funny how I can suck at hard combat in games like Risen but ARPG's like Diablo....I've always been good at them even in the Hell sort of levels. Not uber, but .... combat seems much more area/multi attack oreiented in D3, even for melee classes, and I excel at that (vs. one on one combat tactics).

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You should, yes, but I only just have 400. My gear is rather poor, so I'm trying to load up on MF as much as possible.