Diablo 3 Sign-Up

So will the expansion bring back Baal? :p

And yeah, I keep finding items for other chrs. that motivates me to level them up, but then I get bored doing Act1/2 yet again and I go back to my main chr. Plus, the other characters aren't the Monk. But I've reached the point now where I can't play for more than a couple hours without turning it off - not because of the game, but because I'm not 20 (or even 30) anymore. Marathon gaming wears me out, physically and mentally.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Been trying out the Torchlight Beta. I'd actually pay a little more for Torchlight 2 than Diablo 2...but not a whole lot more.

The developers were right, Torchlight is really different then Diablo III. It feels completely different. I'd actually say Diablo 3 is darker than Torchlight 2 by a LOT.

Part of that is because Torchlight 2, just like Torchlight 1, is cartoony. Far more in the feel of World of Warcraft graphics wise than Diablo 3.

Torchlight 2 has more unique classes, or the classes feel far more unique in many ways. They also have a skill system that's more like Diablo 2. It's complete with the potion mashing/gulping that is like the older Diablo series games as well...but it doesn't feel like the Diablo games.

It feels like the game has more variability overall as you play through it, but not quite as much polish. I have strong doubts that their multiplayer servers will be completely up to the task when Torchlight 2 is released depending on how many buy it. I've had some lag as of late, sometimes into some serious connection problems between their servers and my connection (pretty positive it's not on my side in that time periods I experienced it).

On the otherhand, the game seems to run smoother...though the animations in Diablo III is better...the actual flow of the game runs better for Torchlight 2. When I hit lag, the entire game is frozen...so I don't suddenly jump ten feet and get hit by a zombie twenty feet behind me...no, my actions continue and I hit whatever I'm aiming for, and can dodge whatever is coming for me.

So good and bad. I know that people talk about "builds" in Diablo 3...but I don't see those as builds. EVERYONE has the same skills, it's just a matter of what you have in your slots at the time. Basically you can put other powers into your slots as you want. Torchlight 2 ALSO has that...(D2 also by the way...all 11 of the slots, for those of you who didn't know how to use them), so you can click or hit them to use them if you want...BUT also has you selecting what skills you want and what to invest into.

Of course that means that you don't have every skill always availble to you as you do in diablo 3, and it ALSO means that you can seriously screw your character over. That can be good and bad depending on what and how you like to play.

It appears that you can start in Hard if you want, or you can play on casual in Torchlight 2.

For me I think I'd lean towards Torchlight 2 for what game I'd prefer. Diablo 3 is actually MORE FUN in the short term. It dives you right into the action and the action comes fast and furious. However, after a while that gets tedious for me. It's fun, in fact it's exremely fun and rather addictive, but after awhile...it gets to be the same old, same old.

Torchlight 2 isn't as fast to the fun...seriously...if you want fast into the depths of it, Diablo 3 is the WAY to go. Torchlight 2 however feels to have more longevity to it, and overall would keep my interest longer.

As an additional plus, unless I'm able to pick up D3 for cheap...TL2 will be right around that price range when it's released!

On another note, D3 probably is more secure against cheaters ( though with the recent news on hackers, I'm not so certain it's so secure against hackers...probably more secure but with a higher profile probably has enough hackers going after it to make it actually turn out jut the opposite in reality).

Diablo's dead baby, Diablo's dead. Fun fight if a bit easy. Had one moment of panic where I had him at ~1-2% and he nailed me with something that almost one-shot me causing me to yell out "Nooooo" while spastically mashing the 1 (heal spell) and Q (healing potion quickslot) buttons. Played on a bit of Nightmare and am enjoying the difficulty increase where even random Yellow mobs make me have to pay attention.

Only 6,3 million units sold in the first week?

PC gaming is dead, man.

Doesn't even come close to the 15 million CoD units.

Yeah, I'm sure Blizzard are very upset that PC gaming is dead, what with their $400 million dollars of revenue off Diablo 3 in one week. I hear Valve are going bankrupt, too, with their failing Steam PC business. ;)

Do you even think about what you post, Morgoth?

Only 6,3 million units sold in the first week?

PC gaming is dead, man.

Doesn't even come close to the 15 million CoD units.

Yeah, I'm sure Blizzard are very upset that PC gaming is dead, what with their $400 million dollars of revenue off Diablo 3 in one week. I hear Valve are going bankrupt, too, with their failing Steam PC business. ;)

Do you even think about what you post, Morgoth?

I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic.

Edited by Labadal

I'm already sick of people complaining about difficulty in Hell/Inferno re:classes and skills and all of that. "(insert skill or monster here) isn't fair." "It's not balanced." "(insert skill name here) doesn't give enough of a bonus, change it."

I may never make it through Inferno myself, but that's why it's an optional difficulty. It wasn't meant to be rushed through cake and pie.

Nightmare overall has been fairly easy for the Monk, with a lot of life, dodge, some life on hit, life regen, life steal, and of course having the extra healing spell as well as potion etc. with only the occasional random Elite mob giving a lot of trouble. Died a few times to those. Just starting Act3 now. Got behind on Monk because I've been leveling Barb, Wiz, DH thru Normal as well, now.

I've been using Crippling Wave on l-button and Hundred Fists on r-button. One for mobs, one for tougher singles. Working great so far.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WUYgTh!bdV!ZbbaZa

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There's one legit complaint about inferno and that how it got beaten in the first place. Boss fights are lot easier than random elites.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

FINALLY made it to act four, and that plot twist was about as "hidden" as a freight train.

Personally the new Diablo design doesn't work. If you're gonna make him a her, then you sorta kinda need to adjust the voice, because right now it feels like I'm fighting somethin that would have been from D1 or D2... but it's got baby-makin hips and mammary glands.

And the game feels like it's trying to get me into a public game, but I don't really wanna do multiplayer right now.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There's one legit complaint about inferno and that how it got beaten in the first place. Boss fights are lot easier than random elites.

Yes....the Act bosses are pretty silly compare to Elite fights. I know they want people to farm items via other means than "boss runs." So you'd want those Elites to be tough. Still, they could have just nerfed boss drops (which they did to some extent) but still make the bosses more....interesting. Belial is the worst.

In mid-Act3 NM now and feeling bored. Ah well, maybe it's time for a break.

What's not funny about an enormous monster walking up to his unwitting and tiny victim, striking and then exploding himself upon impact? Get out of the game mechanics for a bit man. Not everything is about dps.

Edited by TrueNeutral

FINALLY made it to act four, and that plot twist was about as "hidden" as a freight train.

Personally the new Diablo design doesn't work. If you're gonna make him a her, then you sorta kinda need to adjust the voice, because right now it feels like I'm fighting somethin that would have been from D1 or D2... but it's got baby-makin hips and mammary glands.

What the...

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.