Diablo 3 Sign-Up

For my personal tastes, my gripe is that Hell is still too easy, while Inferno just gets retarded. :lol:

Normal mobs, cake and pie even when in large numbers. http://crimsonkeep.c...lo3-000088a.jpg

Elites/Cahmps, you just die. And die. And die. And die. If you're lucky you don't trigger Enrage and might get them after 10 deaths but otherwise, you're toast. Even with 365ResistAll now. http://crimsonkeep.c...lo3-000089a.jpg

Still don't get how people get 30K+dps with no buffs on. That 15K I do is only for 2 seconds after I trigger Blinding Flash, and then it goes down to 10K or so (and 8500dps when healing spell buff goes off). I'm only 200Dex lower than a DH I know who has 29Kdps. I don't have a 1000dps weapon, however. Only a 525dps one. And I paid 100Kgold for that 525dps sword. And the shield I'm using. I've probably spent 1.5 million on gear + the stupid gemcrafting. Hehe.

The thing is building a high DPS / high armour / high UP tank is darn tough and predicated on grinding / farming and auction house pot luck.

None of which I can be arsed to do.

Yup.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

HeeHeeHee.

http://crimsonkeep.com/wallpapers/data/media/128/Diablo3-000090.jpg

...Enchantress for her attack speed bonus is much better. Makes normals like butter again. Still have to outrun/trick-lose a lot of Elites tho - geared up for 22% faster run without losing too much dmg. Was doing pretty well against the Butcher in terms of timing but alas, once he starts turning the entire room into fire, I couldn't quite make it...even a 3nd try with Conviction didn't work. Also, there are often a couple of Elites right on top or very near his Checkpoint and the game ended up putting me back in town (instead of at the checkpoint) one time for some reason.

HeeHeeHee.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My witch doctor is on end part of act 2 on nightmare now, level 45 and I am pwning the mobs without mercy. It is all about equipment. If you lose hard against the mobs at this stage, you need better items. It's as simple as that.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Actually, that article is one of the most informative, gamer-friendly and reasonable patch notes I've seen for a long time. It's not like I'm a Blizz fanboi or anything.

@ LadyC, what do you think about the notes re. inferno... I like a lot of others thought that inferno was a joke but it looks like Blizz are treating it seriously as a viable level to beat...

sonsofgygax.JPG

http://us.battle.net...w-6_6_2012#blog

Changes in the 1.03 Patch.

Interesting. More nerfing, in a way, of difficulty. So far it's minimal, imo, and decreasing the bizarre difficulty spike between Act1 Inferno and Act2 Inferno is a good thing (I have friends who have remarked on that) but I hope they don't do a whole lot more. I may complain about not being able to do Inferno yet, but I know why that is (my low dps, among other things) but at the same time, I think it should be left as something that's very very difficult for the "masses" to do. It should remain super-hardcore. There are some changes, of course, that could make it better for even the non-super-hardcore, or more engaging to continue trying, at least. For example, increasing that Enrage timer to 10 minutes. Also, one issue I have with Inferno is that, when you start Inferno (and possibly long long after that), because it seems to be all dps (and resists, possibly, for melee classes), is that you end up feeling like you MUST use certain skills. I *MUST* use Conviction Mantra. I *MUST* use Breath of Healing with the dps-boosting Rune. eg, it kills build diversity.

What I'd like to see in D3 are these things:

--Time before Enrage starts increased to 10 minutes. It's silly to assume everyone's going to be geared up via the AH to be able to kill all Elite packs etc. in that time frame. I can often kill things with terrible gear, but it will take me a long while. Enrage takes away the fun/satisfaction of beating stuff despite your low-tier gear.

--change it so Elites/mobs in general cannot ever spawn right on top of or anywhere very close to checkpoints/entrances (at least in Inferno). They shouldn't spawn within initial visual screen radius, in other words.

--Put a limit on how much you can sell stuff for on the goldAH (say, a million) but increase number of items you can put on AH at once to 20

--less randomization to crafted items. For instance, Rare items could have at least one or two static stats (always put on) with 2 random stats. And with plans, increase that to three static and three random, or whatever.

--better combat options (skill wise or item-attribute wise) that allow for more diverse builds in Inferno so it doesn't become all about using only the dps-boosting skills to get the highest dps evah just to even survive.

Edited by LadyCrimson

^ Yeah, just better drops would be a start. I beat a blue elite mob in NM and get a load of dreck. Sheesh.

Yeah....it's not even just about whether you can get Rares/Legendaries to drop, it's that when they do drop, the stats on them feel lower than what you're already wearing, considering the area/difficulty you're currently in. It's like being in a clvl30-35 area but feeling as if only ilvl25 items drop.

It does get better at clvl60 with the NephValor, but with Inferno being Inferno...that means, for many, a lot of Hell MF'ing instead, which are not going to be the vaunted ilvl60 items most people want. :)

i really liked what I read in that patch explanation. huge props to blizzard for having so much transparency in their process. I'm not really hardcore about blizzard games but reading stuff like that makes me think i should be

edit: and im really looking forward to the legendaries fixes. im still only on level 42 (and will remain there for a while since im taking a break for a few weeks while i work on real life stuff) so hopefully by the time i get to level 60 they have some cool changes and tweaks for legendaries

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i really liked what I read in that patch explanation. huge props to blizzard for having so much transparency in their process. I'm not really hardcore about blizzard games but reading stuff like that makes me think i should be

They've been doing patch notes like that with WoW for years. It goes up and down. Sometimes they'll do stuff with hardly a word, sometimes it's a long love letter. eg, they know how to time things to appease potential angry fanbases. Heheh.

It's one nice thing CCP does with their dev blogs, too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How many (approximately) distinct maps/levels are there in Diablo 3?

I'm playing Path of Exile right now and the main reason why that game gets old is because it has too few maps to play in. It has two acts (they are planning on a third, but it has not been released yet) with an endgame called Chaos (basically an amalgamation of the previous maps/enemies).

http://kris.bachiochi.com/other/poemap/map.html

It looks like Path of Exile has a lot of maps, but most of those are just "passing through" zones with no real meaning other than to throw enemies at you. No quests, no side areas, no secrets, just basically an entrance and an exit to the next map.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

full maps with side areas and such that are fun to explore and kill stuff in...

probably about a dozen?

only a few are really large though, i felt like most areas in diablo 2 were larger

edit: i mean a dozen decent sized ones, there are a whole bunch of smaller map areas too

edit 2: and a bunch of randomized dungeons sprinkled throughout the acts

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Depends, if you count every dungeon and plains area there are dozens and dozens, surely over 50. I'm not sure what standard by which you would divide between them. There is a good deal of variety, though not overwhelmingly so.

How many (approximately) distinct maps/levels are there in Diablo 3?

I'm playing Path of Exile right now and the main reason why that game gets old is because it has too few maps to play in. It has two acts (they are planning on a third, but it has not been released yet) with an endgame called Chaos (basically an amalgamation of the previous maps/enemies).

Having played PoE, I can say with certainty that D3 has a lot more distinct levels than that. In Act1 for example, you have the outdoors, plenty of little caves, green brick dungeons, firey-brick dungeons etc., that all look fairly distinct.

However .... I think that a lot of the D3 areas are rather bland. Not in the same way as PoE, but rather bland nonetheless. The "outdoor" areas in Act1 and Act2 especially. If I never see yellow/orange desert lands in a Diablo game again, I won't cry. Also, they feel kind of small, dungeons in particular. A lot of the little "caves" and things you may find and enter, consist largely of a few rooms, or one big room/cave. Some are larger and have a couple levels to them, but of those, most feel rather the same in design, with just slightly different pathing. However, you can't see them all in one game, so as you play through each difficulty, if you explore, you'll encounter a basement or an "event" that you didn't before, which is/was nice. One time, that door to a building is closed. Another time, it's an entrance to a set piece.

I don't find the designs of the maps to actually be very random. Maybe a little, occasionally in some areas. Some areas are always exactly the same/set pieces - the jailer before the Butcher say. In dungeons, I think the game starts you at a different entrance location, ala Mephisto's levels in D2. Like having a maze square, and one time your chr. starts at the NE corner with the exit in the SW corner, another time you start in the SW corner and and the exit is in the NE corner, so to speak. So it seems different because you're approaching/moving from a different direction, and they place the objects and/or set pieces, if any, in slightly different places, to make it feel even a bit more different, but the map itself isn't changed much.

So I jumped in a public game last night and to my great surprise I wasnt transported to a dungeon but instead to the Whimyshire, a land of murderous unicorns and care bears. The entire level is decorated like a childrens cartoon with happy face clouds, rainbows and flowers, until of course you meet its residents. I was playing Hell level so we were only able to kill a few before people started dropping from the game due to the difficulty but I did manage to snag a lvl 55 fist weapon for my Monk before I too quit the level. Im not sure how people enter that level but Tigranes mentioned a staff that you have to assemble.

Yet more tweaking and now have 400+resist all and my dps can be 11300 for consistent time, and 17500 for 2 sec. Blinding Flash bursts. :p At least I can farm Elites in the whole first half of Act1/Inferno now, with only a few to several deaths here and there instead of dozens. So I did. And...

...omg? 1st Set item I've seen. Now I have to decide whether to horde it or sell it for a ridiculous sum. I have a Wiz, but unlikely I'll play him long enough to have a whole Set? :getlost:

Diablo3-000095a.jpg

Something to do with the staff of herding you craft, and the crafting mentions several (5?) ingredients - some are found only in purple bosses that sometimes show up in a side dungeon that sometimes shows up in a specific area; others are themselves crafted through dropped recipes, I believe.

My DH is now 53, and with a new weapon, jumped from 7k DPS to 15k DPS. Currently one-shotting everything through hell act 1, though still so fragile a second of lag can kill.

Edit: That's a pretty good belt, sell it to me! I'll... save up money.

My Wizard has 3k DPS at 53. I think I should go farm Nightmare or something :p

Don't think I have a lot of MF though, bleh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra