Diablo 3 Sign-Up

I was going to reply with: "Smacking women. Classy." but then I saw it was you so I'm going to go for "Catfight! Meow!" instead.

Eh? Is Diablo supposed to be female now? Guess she just had a really masculine voice in D2 then... :lol:

The video's I've been watching often have music or people talk-talk-talking over the game, can't tell what's going on plot/story wise.

Edit: not sure I'd consider a demon's gender a spoiler either....

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was going to reply with: "Smacking women. Classy." but then I saw it was you so I'm going to go for "Catfight! Meow!" instead.

Eh? Is Diablo supposed to be female now? Guess she just had a really masculine voice in D2 then... :lol:

The video's I've been watching often have music or people talk-talk-talking over the game, can't tell what's going on plot/story wise.

Edit: not sure I'd consider a demon's gender a spoiler either....

I don't really care what gender it is as long as I get to poke it with a stick, I was just thinking about other people.

Btw, I've sent a few friend reuqests to some of the people here, but I don't know if it owrked. I just sent one to mu cuz after we both managed to sign in, and it is giving us both error 3006.

Nvm, it worked! :no:

Edited by Labadal

Are the stories about server issues true? For an SP game?

If so, blizzard deserves all the metacritic comments...afterall...an SP game shouldn't be giving error 37's at this point, that's what the open beta was supposed to be for.

If there are NOT server issues, blizzard is having another bad PR day with the people spouting on about it.

How is everyone enjoying it (actually I imagine half of them are busy playing, so probably no responses on how good or bad it is thus far till later. At least If I had been anticipating it and it just came out, I'd be playing it).

I'm having no problems at all, it's very smooth. Then again all big launches are like this. Player 'A' has a breeze, player 'B' has a nightmare.

Thanks, good to hear the good side of things. How do you enjoy it thus far?

I spoke too soon: the servers are down. This SP online thing is a terrible idea and I suspect Blizzard might regret doing it.

Anyhoo, the game itself is great. I love the exploration, big dungeons and outdoor areas, visceral combat with heads and body-parts flying everywhere, the classic spooky muzak, lots of different enemies and phat lewt. Even the crafting mechanic is fun. The side-quests and dungeons are there too if you want to look for them.

All in all I love it, but then again this is the type of click-tastic stressbusting game I enjoy. I appreciate that it ain't going to be everyone's cup of tea and, yes, the SP online thing sucks donkey nuts.

At the moment 7.5 - 8 out of ten. When they sort out launch issues and give us some more classes in an XP it will be trundling towards greatness.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

10: 22 a.m. PDT- We are in the process of performing an emergency maintenance for all Diablo III servers to resolve several issues that are currently impacting the game. This maintenance may cause some interruption in communication, ability to log in, use of in-game features, and disconnections. We anticipate all servers will be available for play in approximately 1 hour.

Thank you for your patience.

I'm on Nightmare videos now and it looks like the combat difficulty isn't too much higher for most things, but

that new Butcher looks like he could be some trouble/a fun fight. Does some good damage w/a couple of his attacks if you can't get get him down fast. :)

Thank you for your patience.

Yup. That's where you go make a sandwich and take a shower. Did that a lot in WoW, off and on. Build a campfire, sing some songs maybe. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

^ Servers are still down and the shutdown period keeps getting longer.

Blizzard have screwed up, the forums are melting with nerd-rage of a type that shocks even I.

The online DRM for this product is a steaming pile of viscera-flecked swine poo.

sonsofgygax.JPG

The same thing happens with every single WoW expansion of the last 7 years, 10 million of us geeks pound the servers at once and then get upset when it doesnt work. This will all smooth out. Online gaming is Blizzards bread and buttter.

Give it what... 6-10 hrs to become playable, and at least a day or two for everything to work properly without anyone getting stuck in loading screens.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

SP shouldn't have to be shut down on launch...that's RIDICULOUS. Unless it's an Ubisoft game chasing everyone from PC gaming to consoles (which occurred), no one ever has to wait for "server maintenance" on normal SP games. It may be expected if it's an online multiplayer game, but with an SP game???

In some ways I'm actually pretty happy I didn't buy it at this point, don't have to feel ripped off at being one of the first few. Give it a few weeks and the price will drop, and maybe the servers will be stable by then?

Probably not at my $20 price point I said it was worth for me, but less than the price it is now, AND at that time hopefully they'll have all these server issues resolved.

Are you guys saying ALL the servers are down right now? Well, hopefully for their sakes Blizz has them up soon. The sooner the less of a PR impact it has. The longer and the worst it makes them appear, ESPECIALLY because you can't play period.

Previously with D1 and D2 when the servers were down if you wanted, you could play offline SP or unregulated MP. There's no option now so the sooner Blizz gets the servers up and working the better.

WTH was their open Beta for? I thought it was supposed to "test the servers" and resolve issues like what is occurring BEFORE it occurred when they had the actual release?

Edited by greylord

It's Blizzard, not Steam....I doubt very much they'll drop the price of the game for at least six months, if not closer to a year.

Y'know, Blizzard doesn't even sell Diablo1 on their site, retail or digital. I think that's weird. I guess it's because it's not workable with their new battlenet stuff and they don't want you having it? You can get it from some other places occasionally but it won't usually be super cheap, considering it's age.

I can still play D1. That's the beauty of selling something that doesn't need authentication to install or always online DRM. I still have my CD (multiple actually) and as long as they don't get destroyed, I can play the game into...well...a LONG time. Even better with multiple copies, and a little coordinating between computers, I can play it Multiplayer as much as I want, and in our own private games there's NO worry of cheating!!!

Of course there's no RMT or AH either...but for some reason I'm not really all that concerned with that.

So, don't need to buy D1!

Of course for those who DO want to buy D1, I guess that sort of stinks that they can't buy it via retail easily any more.

Hehe, yeah, I still have my 2 CD's of D1 too. But for those who might want it for some reason (never played it, their disc broke, etc) it just feels weird that Blizzard doesn't sell it officially. Well, maybe not weird...most ancient games do become hard to find eventually. Still....it's a highly requested game on GoG. I wonder if Blizzard would ever allow it there. Heh.

i dont think this is the future for single player games, there are only a handful of games i would ever consider putting up with horrible always online drm requirements, unfortunately, diablo is one of them

but would i play an assassins creed or grand theft auto if it required always on drm? nope.

fallout new vegas 2.... yeah, i'd probably even pay a montly fee for that :(

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

This is the future for single-player games apparently.