Diablo 3 Sign-Up

Yeah, I thought that my limited interest in other classes - other than the bowazon that is :) - might have something to do with how I remembered these things. So even more impressive that I feel they nailed the demon hunter gameplay. To each his own I guess, and having that kind of diversity in mechanics is actually nice. Still won't be able to afford it, so doesn't matter anyway. :p

I am leaning STRONGLY against getting it until it falls drastically in price. To me every character is cookie cutter, aka...every Demon Hunter will be like every other Demon Hunter. I think this Diablo 3 actually has less skills overall. They try to say it has more because you can have 6 icons showing on your screen at the same time and by pressing a button...you can enable that skill. Furthermore, since every skill will eventually unlock, they say you have more customization.

That's BS. First, each skill in Diablo 2 had different levels. Level 20 of Zeal for a Paladin was FAR different than level 1. If you even count every 5 levels, which is still a big jump typically, that's a larger amount of choice, just the choices are frontloaded rather than rearended like Diablo 3.

Furthermore...yes, I didn't have 6 icons showing on my screen at a time...but I had up to 9 skills instantly available to me, and typically MUCH faster at utilizing than in Diablo 3.

That's why you had hotkeys. Just as quickly as you could press keys you could enable skills...so in Diablo 3 you have the skills on icon with cooldowns which makes them inaccessible...in D2 I had hotkeys which made them just as accessible...

AND I had more. Just that alone, would indicate D2 had the same thing as D3, with more options avaiable right from the get go...AND you still could customize your stats and everything else.

When you account that every skill was a 20 level tier, that's a LOT of customization right there.

But, that's just the start of the problems I see with the Diablo 3 arguments that people toss around with customization excuses and the whole shebang.

So, when it hits $20 is when I'll probably start looking at it, unless I have a bunch of friends who buy in before and then convince me. I'm doubting that I'm going to have that many who do that at this point though.

diablo 3 feels more like a sequel to diablo 1 than diablo 2. instead of taking the ideas from diablo 2 and advancing them further, they created a new set of ideas, that are both better and worse at the same time.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that wasn't too bad, really. Wanted to see Tyrael rip guys apart with his wing-tendrils though. Can't wait to see people's bitching over this - maybe about it being 2-D or not dark enough :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How about the ****ty style? Is that good enough or do I have to go back to the drawingboard? :(

I got a lil' bit sick in my mouth watching it. Nuff said.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I don't know why.. but Diablo has never had great appeal to me.

Hm.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Parts of that video remind me of season 3 of Slayers. My mind is suddenly filled with the vision of a humorous mashup of both. Not that I'm going to make one...which is probably a good thing. :lol:

I dunno, I like the story aspect, but it's too brief and most of the animation/drawing feels really uninspired.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I understand the concept of this thread, and while I posted myself, shouldn't people pass out their Battletags to play with others here on the forum?

Mine is earlier in the thread, will be getting a physical copy on the 15th.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I don't plan on getting it, but with my luck someone will try to bribe me at the office by giving me a copy or something seeing they know that I was an avid D2 player.

Bribes don't work on me (of course they wouldn't call it that, they'd call it a gift of something), but I may be forced to give a company lunch or something in return to show my gratitude none the less (one of those crazy, it costs me more when people give "gifts" then not because I want to return the favor, but not show favortism).

Even crazier would be if my spouse or in-laws decide to give it to me, and then expect me to play it for the next month. I'm hoping on getting the FFX series of games done...don't have time currently for D3!

im not going to get to play it until the 16th, so hopefully any massive snags with the servers will be untangled by then and i can dive into it without any hiccups

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You mean at least for the next 96 hours? ;)

Which reminds me, I dont want to just put my Battletag "out there" so if you or anyone else wants some MP action PM me your tags and I will respond with mine.

I'm the same. Maybe I'm being paranoid.