Diablo 3 Sign-Up

finished act 1 and called it a night

went with the witch doctor for my first character

kinda undecided on skills - i keep switching them round

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Are the stories about server issues true? For an SP game?

If so, blizzard deserves all the metacritic comments...afterall...an SP game shouldn't be giving error 37's at this point, that's what the open beta was supposed to be for.

If there are NOT server issues, blizzard is having another bad PR day with the people spouting on about it.

How is everyone enjoying it (actually I imagine half of them are busy playing, so probably no responses on how good or bad it is thus far till later. At least If I had been anticipating it and it just came out, I'd be playing it).

I'm hearing a lot of server issue stuff - mostly not being able to get in - but my guess is that's largely from people who tried to play the instant the game opened up. I think it has settled down somewhat by now and most are probably busy obsessively playing. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Played for a little while now as the Witch Doctor. Got some overpowered weapons and am now one shotting everything. And I'm only on the brood mother quest. Time to barbeque and then back to the game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think at the moment I'm having more fun reading about what others think of the game then I would have playing the game.

So is the difficulty in the early stuff on par with the beta? Saw one person say they thought there were a few more general mobs then before and that the SK was a bit harder.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think at the moment I'm having more fun reading about what others think of the game then I would have playing the game.

So is the difficulty in the early stuff on par with the beta? Saw one person say they thought there were a few more general mobs then before and that the SK was a bit harder.

I really hope that the difficulty ramps up on normal. So far, it is even easier than the beta, but that might be just me.

Edited by Labadal

http://www.eurogamer...bug-in-diablo-3

Don't give the Templar a shield before Joram, I guess.

As a temporary workaround it suggested players not give the Templar any gear until after they have accepted him as their follower through the user interface pop-up.

IIRC, you couldnt equip him until he formally joined you. Weird.

IIRC, you couldnt equip him until he formally joined you. Weird.

Perhaps that's the actual bug then....that they could do so.

If so, blizzard deserves all the metacritic comments...afterall...an SP game shouldn't be giving error 37's at this point, that's what the open beta was supposed to be for.

It's probably not true. See, the thing is, Blizzard fans in general are the whiniest people on the planet. I assume most of these got disconnected once when everyone was trying to get on at the same time, then proceeded to bitch about it to every nearest outlet they can find. Even if it true, however, Metacritic is for REVIEWS, not bug reports.

Both me and my cousin are unable to log in. I'm not really raging about it, but it's a shame we can't log in after work and slaughter some demons.

Thanks for that info.

As I said, if true, Blizzard deserves every piece of bad PR they get. If it were an SP game without the online element, people would be playing as soon as you got the game. If they do it online, that same expectation should be in place. So, that's what I judge it by. If they don't give the same quality, but downgrade the quality on purpose, then yes, I think they deserve the bashing they are currently getting.

On the otherhand, if people are exaggerating the log in, and server booting them off thing, Blizzard has another bad PR thing going for them that I think they probably should answer with an affirmative that it's actually not like that.

I know they had server issues with the open Beta, but that's what that was for. They should have either extended it to work out all the issues, or used that info so they didn't have a repeat with the actual real release.

Edited by greylord

So, internet, what is the general opinion of the game so far? Is it a big pile of shait or worth the (big pile of) money?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I really hope that the difficulty ramps up on normal. So far, it is even easier than the beta, but that might be just me.

Just skimmed through a video of a live stream of up to clvl early 20's (into Act2). And I'd guess....it won't get more difficult (in Normal). 4 player co-op, hardly took any damage seemed like. The mages did have some trouble here and there but...well, they're mages.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Just saw Diablo. Looks like a wuss (which isn't to say he won't be fun to smack). Haha I love the internet.

Both me and my cousin are unable to log in. I'm not really raging about it, but it's a shame we can't log in after work and slaughter some demons.

Same here. I got some demon killing done after school, but now it's constantly giving me the error 37.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Just saw Diablo. Looks like a wuss (which isn't to say he won't be fun to smack). Haha I love the internet.

I was going to reply with:

"Smacking women. Classy."

but then I saw it was you so I'm going to go for

"Catfight! Meow!"

instead.

Edited by TrueNeutral

If there are NOT server issues, blizzard is having another bad PR day with the people spouting on about it.

How is everyone enjoying it (actually I imagine half of them are busy playing, so probably no responses on how good or bad it is thus far till later. At least If I had been anticipating it and it just came out, I'd be playing it).

I'm having no problems at all, it's very smooth. Then again all big launches are like this. Player 'A' has a breeze, player 'B' has a nightmare.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG