Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Unless I fail at reading between the lines I think it implies that it's a DLC with no actual gameplay in it? Just the cutscenes and backdrops?

Yes. I am imagining it like a normal slideshow. No videos, just images with voice over, because of the costs (it is a free dlc, after all).

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

i don't even know how so many people made it to the end to complain about it. this game is pretty boring.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i don't even know how so many people made it to the end to complain about it. this game is pretty boring.

You know has they spent every singe penny spent of the MP portion of the game all on the SP game, it would have been an utterly fantastic Mass Effect game.

But they didn't.

Anyways, the life draining tendrils of EA have fully entrenched themselves within BioWare. The cracks are beginning to form, and the process of encouraging the destruction within is complete. They are basically dead now.

DA is pure crap. And I only bought ME3 to see the conclusion of MY Shepard. They did that and Now I wont even look at or purchase another EA game.

Farewell BioWare.

• Like 1

You know has they spent every singe penny spent of the MP portion of the game all on the SP game, it would have been an utterly fantastic Mass Effect game.

But they didn't.

Anyways, the life draining tendrils of EA have fully entrenched themselves within BioWare. The cracks are beginning to form, and the process of encouraging the destruction within is complete. They are basically dead now.

DA is pure crap. And I only bought ME3 to see the conclusion of MY Shepard. They did that and Now I wont even look at or purchase another EA game.

Farewell BioWare.

What's sadder is that what they had to fix -because the endings indeed need fixing, just due to the sheer amount of plot holes it has- was clear from the get-go, and instead of catering to their fanbase, you know, the guys that BUYS their products and from whom their depending on to get their paychecks, they instead decided to cater to their own massive egos and did nothing about the subject, instead coming up with nonsensical terms like "artistic integrity" and "gamers entitlement" which basically just made their fanbase reject them even more.

For me, this is a simple matter of consumer demands not being met. When they're not met, your game doesn't sell. When your game doesn't sell, you better fix the damn thing or it isn't going to sell. If your game doesn't sell, then you're in BIG TROUBLE as a company that NEEDS TO MAKE MONEY.

Worst of all, they decided to believe on their own PR rather than their fanbase and go with the "this marks a bad precedent for gaming" if the endings were to be changed.

Hey, sorry to burst your bubble Bioware, but Bethesda did it for Fallout 3 and Broken Steel, and with all due respect to Bethesda, when even THEM end up behaving better to their fanbase than YOU, you're doing something very, VERY wrong.

The whole fiasco has been rather pathetic, really. It's not even funny how they were so close to being legendary and out of an extremely stupid move, they fell flat on their faces.

Mass Effect 3 seems to be the Heaven's Gate of our time. A form of media heavily based on the "autheur theory" that all it does is show how the "autheur theory" just DOES NOT WORK AT ALL.

• Like 1

Mass Effect 3: "Life sucks, then you die."

Alpha Protocol: "Life sucks, then you change that."

BioWare's solution to the mass outrage is to give us more cut scenes and slideshows that make no sense at all.

Maybe the Starchild will bring a friend along in these new scenes. Perhaps his glowing dog, stardog. And we'll have to listen to it bark, while Shepard nods at it.

And instead of us just seeing Joker flee like a coward, they'll cut to a shot of his pants and see that he actually wet himself, too.

Hopefully they'll show the scene where Scottie beams the landing team up to the Enterprise ... err Normandy, to explain how the squadmates that were right beside me on Earth when Harbinger fired on me are suddenly aboard the Normandy as it flees the explosions (that I caused, by the way. RIP Mass Murderer Shepard).

Edited by GhostofAnakin
  • Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I have to admit I couldn't help but wonder how much EA is to blame (or not blame). I never did understand multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 - other than the generic push for online play that companies seems to long for. But it seems to me if they wanted to do that sort of thing they'd have made a new game in the setting instead of shoe-horning it into a game that started as a single player experience.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm going to be interested to see how this DLC manages to explain the following stuff:

1-Joker and the Normandy racing away from Earth like cowards, instead of trying to rescue Shepard.

2-How squadmates who were right beside me when Harbinger shot me with a giant beam are onboard the Normandy when it crash lands on a jungle planet.

3-What the hell the starchild was babbling about.

4-Why Shepard never tried to disagree with the starchild's assertions (then again, maybe Shepard was as confused as the rest of us about what was going on).

I'm sure there's other plotholes as well, but those are the key ones that stick out to me as being overtly troublesome about the ending.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

1-Joker and the Normandy racing away from Earth like cowards, instead of trying to rescue Shepard.

2-How squadmates who were right beside me when Harbinger shot me with a giant beam are onboard the Normandy when it crash lands on a jungle planet.

The best "explanation" I've heard put forward is that a> shepard was actually unconscious for awhile, and the surviving members were pulled back during the retreat, and that b> the normandy was caught in the explosion of the mass relays and "pushed" into ftl travel by all that weird energy spilling around..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Something to be aware. IF Bioware/EA released an addtional ending like some want...for example the Indoctrination Theory ending...they may be (and people have already threatened) sued for giving out an imcomplete product where it was already promised to be a complete product.

This could put them in a sticky situation, even if they wanted to release a "real end." IN some nation by doing this, and saying they didn't actually give a complete game, it was instead a bait and switch...even if the DLC is free (since Xbox has to have their connection paid for and others have to pay for internet..etc...etc...etc.) it can create more headache and problems than even fans dropping EA and not buying Bio's next game.

A much better idea is to do what they are saying...the ending is the real ending...but they will add additional scenes and clarification. Who knows what that clarification and additional scenes will be...but be whatever, EVEN if they add a substantial portion that redefines the ending...the ending will not change because it is complete as is the game.

I think making it free, they are doing about as much as they can out of an already sticky situation.

Suing would only make the suer look pathetic and they would lose.

Anyways, 'fans';a re the biggest pieces fos elfish, evil, retarded, pieces ofc rap in the history of the world.

I hope the whiners hate this DLC. I hope they continue whining... and, I'll enjoy it when they buy the next EA/BIO game like they always do.

EA.. the 'worst' company in the world... yet they have MILLIONS of repeat customers. It does NOT make sense.

"me, this is a simple matter of consumer demands not being met. When they're not met, your game doesn't sell. When your game doesn't sell, you better fix the damn thing or it isn't going to sell. If your game doesn't sell, then you're in BIG TROUBLE as a company that NEEDS TO MAKE MONEY."

ME1 = sold .5mil copies in the first week.

ME3 = sold 2mil in the first week,

There were people claiming as early as BG2 that it spelle doom for BIO. It contuinued with NWN, KOTOR, JE (their weak link sales wise despite 1.5mil), DA, ME, and so on. Yet, the same morans cotninue to buy BIO products, and spend insane amount of time playing and tlaking about them. It is friggin' illogical.

Then again, the worst company in the world has MILLIONS of repeat customers so the custo9mers are proven to be beyond stupid espicially the ones who live on the interent. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm going to be interested to see how this DLC manages to explain the following stuff:

4-Why Shepard never tried to disagree with the starchild's assertions (then again, maybe Shepard was as confused as the rest of us about what was going on).

I'm sure there's other plotholes as well, but those are the key ones that stick out to me as being overtly troublesome about the ending.

5-How the did a vorcha end up as *leader* of the Bloodpack (sp?) mercenaries, when they went out of their way to explain in ME2 that they are the brainless canon fodder in a Krogan run military outfit. Having a hard time seeing a nasal whining vorcha command somebody like Grunt or Wrex around.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

5-How the <bleep> did a vorcha end up as *leader* of the Bloodpack (sp?) mercenaries, when they went out of their way to explain in ME2 that they are the brainless canon fodder in a Krogan run military outfit. Having a hard time seeing a nasal whining vorcha command somebody like Grunt or Wrex around.

6-Why did the Reaper artifact in "The Arrival" not only reveal the existence of the Reapers but also gave information on their back up invasion plan?

7-How did Udina end up on the Council if you picked Anderson in ME1?

8-What happened to the poison the Reapers were using against the Krogans and how come the Salarian's sabotage didn't prevent the Reapers from using the Shroud to spread the poison?

9-Why did the Geth Dreadnought have hallways and consoles and medi-gel and all sorts of stuff that the Geth don't need?

10-Why did Legion suddenly call itself "I" and what did that have to do with it becoming a "fully realized AI?"

11-Why did EDI have to use a console to contact Admiral Hackett after they found the Prothean VI at the Cerberus base?

12-How did the Reapers take over the Citadel and why didn't they use it to shut down the Mass Relays?

13-How does anything having to do with Cerberus make any sense?

Edited by Giantevilhead
  • Like 1

5-How the <bleep> did a vorcha end up as *leader* of the Bloodpack (sp?) mercenaries, when they went out of their way to explain in ME2 that they are the brainless canon fodder in a Krogan run military outfit. Having a hard time seeing a nasal whining vorcha command somebody like Grunt or Wrex around.

6-Why did the Reaper artifact in "The Arrival" not only reveal the existence of the Reapers but also gave information on their back up invasion plan?

8-What happened to the poison the Reapers were using against the Krogans and how come the Salarian's sabotage didn't prevent the Reapers from using the Shroud to spread the poison?

9-Why did the Geth Dreadnought have hallways and consoles and medi-gel and all sorts of stuff that the Geth don't need?

10-Why did Legion suddenly call itself "I" and what did that have to do with it becoming a "fully realized AI?"

11-Why did EDI have to use a console to contact Admiral Hackett after they found the Prothean VI at the Cerberus base?

12-How did the Reapers take over the Citadel and why didn't they use it to shut down the Mass Relays?

Wow, lots of good questions here, lots to think about, and in the spirit of continuing the discussion:

1- Perhaps because the citadel exploded before the Normandy could get near it, and Joker was just trying to stay ahead of the blast wave?

2- This kinda bugged me too, but... to my mind, Shephard and Anderson are the only ones who get close enough to the beam to reach the citadel, and there's no telling how much time passed before Shepard wakes up in the dark. Perhaps squadmates retreated back to the Normandy during that time?

5- IIRC, most or all of the Krogan in the Bloodpack came from clan Weyrloc, who were absorbed into clan Urdnot after Mordin's loyalty mission in ME2. Perhaps Wrex called them all home?

7- My only guess is Anderson resigned from the council (where he never really wanted to be in the first place), and returned to active duty in the Alliance sometime after Shepard turned the Normandy over to the Alliance. Traynor mentions that Anderson was going to make the Normandy his new mobile command center.

8- All I can think of here is that the sabotage wasn't designed to stop the reaper poison, only to stop anyone messing with the genophage itself.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Wow, lots of good questions here, lots to think about, and in the spirit of continuing the discussion:

1- Perhaps because the citadel exploded before the Normandy could get near it, and Joker was just trying to stay ahead of the blast wave?

2- This kinda bugged me too, but... to my mind, Shephard and Anderson are the only ones who get close enough to the beam to reach the citadel, and there's no telling how much time passed before Shepard wakes up in the dark. Perhaps squadmates retreated back to the Normandy during that time?

5- IIRC, most or all of the Krogan in the Bloodpack came from clan Weyrloc, who were absorbed into clan Urdnot after Mordin's loyalty mission in ME2. Perhaps Wrex called them all home?

7- My only guess is Anderson resigned from the council (where he never really wanted to be in the first place), and returned to active duty in the Alliance sometime after Shepard turned the Normandy over to the Alliance. Traynor mentions that Anderson was going to make the Normandy his new mobile command center.

8- All I can think of here is that the sabotage wasn't designed to stop the reaper poison, only to stop anyone messing with the genophage itself.

LOTS OF SPECULATION FOR EVERYONE!

Mass Effect 3: "Life sucks, then you die."

Alpha Protocol: "Life sucks, then you change that."

This is pretty easy to explain away but that's not the problem. The problem is that they were too lazy to put in an explanation, which would only take a few lines of dialogue.

But that wouldn't actually be possible since they had no idea what a cure would be like or how the Shroud could be modified to distribute it. The only way for the sabotage to work is if it prevented any kind of tampering with the Shroud.

It was put there so Mordin would have a reason to sacrifice himself. If they had wanted it to be convinving, Sheppard would have sabotaged the cure dispersal under directions from the Dalitrass (sp?). Coherency was not a priority.

Lots of moments like that that make you go, 'hmm, that's convenient'. Like why does Mordin have to take an elevator to a room that explodes while the rest of the shroud is undamaged.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Seems a bit...silly as a plan.

It's EA hon. What are you expecting. ;)

It's Bioware, it's unfair to blame EA for everything when Bioware are the same bastards as they were.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Lots of moments like that that make you go, 'hmm, that's convenient'.

You know, it was fun poking a bit fun at ME2, because it basically hung together. It was a fairly coherent story with the odd plot hole here and there, the size of which is open for debate, from large to insignificant. With ME3, you feel like you are punching somebody who can't defend themselves.

From start to end, the game is a mess, a plot hole the size of a singularity with tatters of story matter swirling around it like an accretion disk. You would think that somebody at the beginning of the project sat down at a board meeting and put up a word on the white board and said: "Today's word is: Awesome!". We have to cram so much awesome in there as is possible and then well see if we can string all that awesome together afterwards.

The end result is a game that is all (admittedly high production value) style and just enough substance that you can observe it with sophisticated lab equipment. Instead of ending up with a cinematic experience and movie ambitions, we got comic book material right down to the corny dialogue. "We fight or we die!"... you can almost imagine the speech bubble in that frame.

Just my $.25 after being halfway through a second time. Can't be bothered to finish it, although I must say playing vanguard was in itself more interesting than my initial adept play through.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It was put there so Mordin would have a reason to sacrifice himself. If they had wanted it to be convinving, Sheppard would have sabotaged the cure dispersal under directions from the Dalitrass (sp?). Coherency was not a priority.

Lots of moments like that that make you go, 'hmm, that's convenient'. Like why does Mordin have to take an elevator to a room that explodes while the rest of the shroud is undamaged.

But they could have easily written it so that it wouldn't have been a contrivance.

It would make sense for the Salarians to ensure that the Shroud doesn't get tampered with but it doesn't make any sense for the safeguard to work against a genophage cure but not the Reaper poison. It also doesn't make any sense for the Shroud to be able to disperse the cure over the entire planet in one burst while the poison had pretty much zero effect despite having been spread by the Shroud for a much longer time.

A simple rewrite would be to have the Reapers trying to modify the Shroud to spread the poison over the entire planet in one burst. Shepard stops the Reapers from spreading the poison and uses the modifications the Reapers made to the Shroud to spread the cure in one burst. However, the Salarian sabotage has been triggered by the fight between the Reaper and the Thresher Maw so the Shroud begins to self destruct. Mordin then sacrifices himself to ensure the cure is spread before the Shroud blows up. Same basic story but makes a lot more sense.

The whole Anderson / Udina councilor thing is actually part of one of the books they did.. So it's in extra media that you don't come across if you only play the games.

Something Anderson does basically results in him taking action where a councillor shouldn't... and thus he resigns to not cause trouble, leaving Udina to take his place.

Hm, my theory on the Shroud sabotage is that it relates to the thermal issues - ie, the Salarians had modified it to vary the temperature when expelling whatever organisms were involved - thus any potential genophage cures (which by all that is known would be some form of biologically tailored virus like the original genophage) would therefore be stressed/altered/destroyed so as not to work). In fact, that might have been part of what was slowing down the Reaper poison?

Or if it wasn't slowing down the poison, the Reaper's might have been using some form of nanotech, which would have been immune to those sorts of temperature variations that the sabotage caused....

See, wild speculation abounds.. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."