Mass Effect 3

Gorth

so wait, there is a dlc where all your teammates leave the normandy and say "uh yeah i know we agreed to help and all, but i changed my mind see ya later bye!"?

that sounds like the worst dlc ever.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

that sounds like the worst dlc ever.

I'd hold that judgment until we see this "extended cut" thing they are putting together... D:
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well the Arrivial dlc had the whole "Shepard just blew up a solar system full of bataarians" and getting the whole "You realise you'll have to face the music for this?" speech from Hacket.

This leads us to Shep willingly handing himself over to the Alliance to present his reasons and how it happened. I can understand Shep letting the Cerberus crew off, rather then casually hand them into Alliance custody as well. I mean, Kasumi - intergalactic thief, Mordin - ex salarian special task force super scientist, Miranda - former executive officer to Cerberus, etc... It kind of makes sense he does the whole "right, you lot get out here, so you're actually doing stuff in the Galaxy rather then facing the music with me."

Although that gets a few holes poked in it by such as the Engineer's being in jail and needing you as Spectre to get them released (I do kind of wish they'd played t hat up more...). Joker was technically under arrest as well, but his expertise was needed to help the Alliance re-fit the new Normandy.. EDI, well, she was part of the ship and managed to conceal herself as just an advanced VI... Doctor Chakwa came along because she was former Alliance and hadn't technically joined Cerberus...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

On the other hand, they did give us EDI cameltoe. :brows:

That's one hell of an artistic vision BioWare's got going on there. I now see why the ending took such a hit. They spent all their extra time making sure the camel toe looked as realistic as possible.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i want bioware to make another mass effect game just so i can not buy it. i feel stupid for buying ME3

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

oh that vol.... you almost got me on this one!

There is no good reason why Miranda couldn't join the crew after doing her thing, either. "Admiral" Tali? Why am I not even given the chance to have her stay with the Migrant Fleet, you know, like ****ing admirals are supposed to?

This grates particularly on me as well, but I can't separate by Yvonne Strahovski fanboyness and my distaste for "talimancers" from my opinion, so... We got Jimmy Vega instead of her.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Their is no good reason why a good number of characters do what they do. I can write a list, but most here know what happens.

Legion bothered me the most, he had to upload himself to save the Geth and destroy himself, okay.. odd but I can go with that. But why no backup program? Literally when we met him, he was talking about Geth being able to make backups of programs, even so, we get no Geth substitute? So disappointed in that, he was my favourite dancing robot stalker.

Edited by Aedelric

This grates particularly on me as well, but I can't separate by Yvonne Strahovski fanboyness and my distaste for "talimancers" from my opinion, so... We got Jimmy Vega instead of her.

I have to admit, there's a certain level of awkwardness with Jimmy Vega.

On the one hand, I can see why you need a new character like that - storywise it lets you have various explanations happen for people who hadn't played the previous games...

But, eh, it didn't seem as smooth or natural as they could have made it. Although he didn't have any daddy/family issues to deal with...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just finished watching it, does not change my opinion of the game at all, but it does baffle me as to why those two writers on the panel were not the lead writers.

Also the guy who was asking the second from last question was a definite PR plant, he did not even ask a question, all he did was say how he loved the ending. The only people I can imagine saying that for real are those that did not play the other two games, or are quite mad.

Edited by Aedelric

ME3 sells 1,3 million units during March in the US

Layoffs will be following soon.

Is that good enough financially, though? I'm genuinely asking. Because it could be a case of their costs needing more than those sales in order to break even or turn a profit. Only BioWare/EA know how much they spent to make ME3, so I guess we'll never know for sure.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

ME3 sells 1,3 million units during March in the US

Layoffs will be following soon.

Is that good enough financially, though? I'm genuinely asking. Because it could be a case of their costs needing more than those sales in order to break even or turn a profit. Only BioWare/EA know how much they spent to make ME3, so I guess we'll never know for sure.

I'm stunned.Considering the effort EA went through to market the thing, that's awful.

I don't know, I mean there are people that liked the ending to The Sopranos as well.

There are some weird people out there.

i liked the ending to The Sopranos. I thought it made sense and was fi

• Like 1

I can't see that meeting pre-release expectations from EA/Bioware, given it came out at the beginning of March.

I believe ME3 has sold at least 3.1 million units, or sold through 3.1 million. It initially shipped or sold in around 3.5 million if I understand correctly.

Sales wise I think it's actually right about on par for what they were aiming for.

Of course that's the entire talley thus far from what I understand, not just March, and worldwide, not just US. (edit: Note the article just states US sales...not all sales).

From it, I think Bio thinks they didn't get hurt from DA2 (ME3 sold well) and DA2's reaction was bluster and bluff, not what would really happen.

I know that I and others however were willing to give ME3 a shot still, with the hopes that DA2 was just a happenchance trip up on Bio's part.

I may buy the next bio game...but I think many who placed reliance on ME3 may not be back. However, I think Bio won't believe ANYONE saying they won't buy the next Bio game due to how ME3 sold after people claimed the same thing after DA2.

If people are actually serious this time around though...and they were waiting to see if Bio had a one time problem with DA2 so gave ME3 a chance and were disappointed again....then Bio probably won't get the message till their next game. That is if their next game is a total flop.

Edited by greylord

From it, I think Bio thinks they didn't get hurt from DA2 (ME3 sold well) and DA2's reaction was bluster and bluff, not what would really happen.

I know that I and others however were willing to give ME3 a shot still, with the hopes that DA2 was just a happenchance trip up on Bio's part.

I may buy the next bio game...but I think many who placed reliance on ME3 may not be back.

this is what i was thinking as well, and I'm one of those who will not be back. I let DA2 slide and still bought ME3, and ME3 is even worse than DA2 was. So yeah, im not buying the next bioware game unless certain members of this forum give it high praise AFTER it gets released.

• Like 1

You people are dumb. It says 1.3mil in NA only and only physical hard copy. In compartison, ME2 sold .5mil copies in the first month Everyone would agree that ME2 was a success but now some tools are gonna claim that this proves that ME3 was a 'finanical failure'? Are you kiddin' me with your insanity? It more than doubled ME2's sales yet it is a fialure but ME2 isn't? Give me a laughable break.

P.S. TW2 has sold elss than 2mil total over its lifetime. You likely lose that bet. L0L

"Because it could be a case of their costs needing more than those sales in order to break even or turn a profit. Only BioWare/EA know how much they spent to make ME3, so I guess we'll never know for sure. "

Even at 1mil sold withb each new copy being sold for $50 (I paid $70ish) that's $50mil made. Yup, I think they did alright.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You people are dumb. It says 1.3mil in NA only and only physical hard copy. In compartison, ME2 sold .5mil copies in the first month Everyone would agree that ME2 was a success but now some tools are gonna claim that this proves that ME3 was a 'finanical failure'? Are you kiddin' me with your insanity? It more than doubled ME2's sales yet it is a fialure but ME2 isn't? Give me a laughable break.

P.S. TW2 has sold elss than 2mil total over its lifetime. You likely lose that bet. L0L

"Because it could be a case of their costs needing more than those sales in order to break even or turn a profit. Only BioWare/EA know how much they spent to make ME3, so I guess we'll never know for sure. "

Even at 1mil sold withb each new copy being sold for $50 (I paid $70ish) that's $50mil made. Yup, I think they did alright.

TW2 gets its 360 release this month. Those 2 million sales would have just been on the PC.

EA does not in fact get $50 per copy sold.

Inflation alone means that even if ME3 cost the same to make and market as ME2. It would still need to sell more to see the same result.