RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Interesting to see bullet time in multiplayer.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Even should the gameplay be utter garbage, this looks worth playing for setting, atmosphere and art alone. Kinda like with Arx Fatalis.

Arx Fatalis was fine indeed. Hopefully adding Harvey Smith to the mix will produce something even greater. :)

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Interesting to see bullet time in multiplayer.

Indeed. Wonder how that works. I love bullet time visually.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've gradually lost interest in Max Payne 3 .. They aren't playing to the series strengths, it looks like they made the gameplay much better than the previous games, but the story, which was delightfully silly and serious at the same time, now just seems kinda bland.

It'll be like making a Serious Sam game that suddenly deep and emotional with adequate shooting mechanics..

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm not really following, EVERY FPS and TPS I've played in the past 2 years is particularly linear. I don't think there's a one that's an FPS or TPS that hasn't been linear.

Closest you get would be something like the Mass Effects and they aren't really TPS games at all, they're RPGs...

Though ME3 tries REALLY REALLY hard to be a TPS, even has MP, but compared to other shooters, it's not really all that great.

the Mass Effects .... they're RPGs...

if mass effect 3 is an rpg then i think we can definitely consider the rpg genre dead, buried, forgotten, and paved over.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

ME3 is an action rpg yet it has more 'rpgness' in it than the BGs and other so called 'full fledge' RPGs. LMAO

Then again, there's a large sect of people who honestly believe dungeonc rawlers like the GB games are the ultimate rpgs. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I was just about to post that.

I'm actually rather happy about that change (though not the layoffs). I hope they keep the RPG elements.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Shame about layoffs hitting Relic. I really don't want them to fail.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Mass Effect is a terrible squad based shooter, because it's an RPG.

Mass Effect is a terrible RPG because is is a squad based shooter.

That pretty much sums up the entire series.

What's funny is today, just for fun, I powered up a CoD MW game. Wow...as far as shooters go, that blew ME3 out of the water and MW 3 came out before ME3 and still rocks all over it.

Yeah...ME3 is an RPG...cause if it were a shooter it is epic fail.

I like it as an RPG...

Then again, people say I'm one of those who are part of the stupid masses instead of some of the elite RPG artiests here. Sometimes it's good to be able to play CoD though. I completely like the ME series as they are, and view them as RPGs. As RPGs they are just as fun as CoD...but not ME3 MP...that actually is pretty bad in comparison after I fired up MW.

And MW 3 is worse than MW 2 of all things...maybe we're retrogressing?

In other news, haven't seen much about this game coming out. Of course, this mainly talks about PC games, and this is an Xbox game...but looks really cool. Unfortunately I don't have an Xbox...if I did I'd have this game pre-ordered already! next week Teusday. PS: On the trailers, click the one which recreates the Star Wars officers sitting around the table with Gov. Tarkin.

http://www.lucasarts...kinectstarwars/

Edited by greylord

Shame about layoffs hitting Relic. I really don't want them to fail.

Yeah, it does suck. I didn't have great hopes for Dark Millennium, maybe it'll be more fun as a SP game. A nice full out RPG in the 40k setting would be fun to play.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

From various press releases around the net...

In a press release issued today Brian Farrell, president and CEO of THQ, revealed game-changing plans for the project.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein