Mass Effect 3

Gorth

I've been vacillating between hatedom and skeptic optimism. I mean, I know the plot won't be anything special. But it wasn't in ME2 and I loved that game. So as long as the gameplay is good, will I probably enjoy ME3?

Well, the demo didn't feel right. Was it the music? The lack thereof? Was it the pacing? It just felt like I was playing one of the weaker DLCs. I'm really not sold.

It could have been the lack of context. Maybe it was the mostly one type of enemy (per battle). There was a moment with some turrets. But after that I couldn't tell the enemies apart until I got to the boss.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There's a new offer for people picking up ME3 on Origin. Seems you get BF3 too. Think it only applies to pc preorders of the digital version, but I might be wrong, didn't look too close.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Prinze's voice does not suit that space marine, I find.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gave the demo a second run. This time on Hardcore. The game felt better. But still not as good as Mass Effect 2. I was unfair in saying there were no other enemy types. There were guys with shields (not energy shields, tower shields). And there were centurions, who have energy shields. The guys with tower shields are useless if you can use warp. You have Liara in the demo, so that's given to you. The guys with energy shields are easy to miss. They don't seem to do anything different tactically. Some guys do use grenades, but its used sparingly enough that it didn't really factor into my gameplay.

I find that having access to that assault rifle made all other weapons except the shotgun mostly useless. I used the SMG to get rid of the boss shield, but beyond that none of them found a place.

One thing I found really interesting is that when enemies shoot at you, you slow down. I say "interesting" because I'm undecided if it's actually good or bad. It kills the fun of trying to run at guys to melee them to death, but improves the challenge.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've avoided as much news as I could for ME 3, but couldn't resist trying the demo. Kinda wish I'd held off as it wasn't that impressive. I'm sure that the actual game will be better though.

#WTFAndersonsRun

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Gave the demo a second run. This time on Hardcore. The game felt better. But still not as good as Mass Effect 2. I was unfair in saying there were no other enemy types. There were guys with shields (not energy shields, tower shields). And there were centurions, who have energy shields. The guys with tower shields are useless if you can use warp. You have Liara in the demo, so that's given to you. The guys with energy shields are easy to miss. They don't seem to do anything different tactically. Some guys do use grenades, but its used sparingly enough that it didn't really factor into my gameplay.

I find that having access to that assault rifle made all other weapons except the shotgun mostly useless. I used the SMG to get rid of the boss shield, but beyond that none of them found a place.

One thing I found really interesting is that when enemies shoot at you, you slow down. I say "interesting" because I'm undecided if it's actually good or bad. It kills the fun of trying to run at guys to melee them to death, but improves the challenge.

Pull works on those solid shields too.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

So... any way to play the ME3 demo on PC without Origin?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Not that I know of. I managed to remember one of my EA logins though and could use that one as my Origin login.

Tried out the demo. Not sure what to think yet, as apart from the humongous cutscene at the beginning, it was mostly showing off the "combat". Unfortunately that reminded me how much I hated corridor shooters. Positive was the lack of some horrible "bypass" minigame for locked doors. I'll probably give it a second chance once it has been out for a while and becomes available as a bundle with all DLC's (something I wish I had done with DA:O and ME2).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

what's origin ?

Bioware/EA's latest anti-piracy attempt that fails and just annoys legitimate users ? Just a guess I would not pay the costs to be a PC gamer just to play the half finished crap that they call games.

It's advertsised on PSN but they hav'nt done the weekly update yet. How does MP work it says MP 1-4 does everyone get a Shepard ,or do you the other players play the part of the squad ? Or is it an add on to the game nothing to do with the campaign at all ?

Edited by BobSmith101

what's origin ?

It's effectively a copy cat of Steam and the Steam client. Not quite matured as a product yet, still it looks like they are trying very hard to emulate it.

Amusing anecdote, the name and logo looks confusingly similar to the local energy company here.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

what's origin ?

Bioware/EA's latest anti-piracy attempt that fails and just annoys legitimate users ? Just a guess I would not pay the costs to be a PC gamer just to play the half finished crap that they call games.

It's advertsised on PSN but they hav'nt done the weekly update yet. How does MP work it says MP 1-4 does everyone get a Shepard ,or do you the other players play the part of the squad ? Or is it an add on to the game nothing to do with the campaign at all ?

Actually it's just EA store client under a new name and bit better looking. I still don't get what the fuss about it is all about.

MP has nothing to do with Shepard or any other squadmate.

So do any of you have any bogus Facebook accounts that i could invite to see what Recruit packs actually do?

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

A few "footnotes" regarding the demo.

Why does deep space vehicles have blaring horns? Seem to remember it from War of the Worlds (the bad version).

Where did they hide the spare Normandy? A copy of the first one or did Shepard get Normandy II as a severance package from Cerberus?

I noticed that health doesn't seem to regenerate magically anymore. A small blessing, but welcome none the less.

The female Krogan made me smile. Poor Wrex ;)

None of my favourite ME2 companions looked to be available as team members. Ah well, maybe in the full game.

Edit to add: Oh, and who got the clever idea of hiding screen resolutions under "Extras"?!?

I have to admit, that's one bit that made me blink.

The Normandy Mark 2 is a privately owned vessel.. so by what right do the Alliance have to strip Shephard of it and then man it with their own personnel? :getlost:

I mean, apparently both Joker and Doc Chakwa had resigned after Shep's "death", and - depending on how you handle it - Shep is still a Spectre after ME2...

Edit:

Just had my copy of the Art of the Mass Effect Universe arrive and having a flip through it.. A lot of the 1st chapter is regurgitated from the original "Art of Mass Effect" of course, but has a few new things. The 2nd chapter sketches out some nice points on why things developed in ME2.. and I'm trying to avoid reading too much of the ME3 chapter .,,

Although, one thing that did jump out... Apparently the majority of Reapers we see landing on planets are actually "small reapers" who are only around 160 meters tall, as compared to Sovereign's full 2km length. Geared more for "planetary invasion" then actual space battle.

So that's one reason why Shephard is likely to be able to cause damage to them without a full Armada along taking pot shots...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Shepard is always still tied to the Alliance when she shouldn't be. As a Spectre, Shepard is totally beyond the Alliance and shouldn't even be able to be court-martialed. She only answers to the Council.

BioWare just put Shepard back on Earth for the whole invasion drama; pity it's kind of a major letdown. Reapers just fly in, walk around and occasionally blow up random shuttles with kids. For a supreme machine god race, you'd expect them to nuke everything from orbit or just send in the Collectors with their paralyzing bugs.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.