What are you playing now?

Gorth

The new one is not even out yet, save for a demo. So playing 10 missions into it seems unlikely. Which makes Chris' response kind of funny.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The new one is not even out yet, save for a demo. So playing 10 missions into it seems unlikely. Which makes Chris' response kind of funny.

Hey, you never know. Boo could have connections, man.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished AC Revelations. Maybe I'm slow on the uptake, but I'm no closer to understanding wtf those weird celestial-like beings are, or what the big point of the series is (other than Templars versus Assasins for some reason).

Also, there were a lot less achievements to unlock this time around. I think I unlocked 16 of 59, compared to twice that number I unlocked after finishing the main story for the previous three games. Not a big deal or anything, just something that caught my eye.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"Long before mankind existed, there was a technologically advanced civilization which inhabited Earth. They made humanity, and enslaved them by modifying their brain to be manipulable by Pieces of Eden. For that moment there was a forced peace, until Adam and Eve stole one of the Pieces, an Apple,[4] and started a war between the two species. Too occupied by the war to see the threat, a major solar flare impacted the Earth and significantly damaged both mankind and their makers, and as the people of First Civilization became extinct, mankind grew and populated the Earth, seeing their predecessors as myths and gods.[9][7][3]

The Pieces of Eden were not destroyed by the blast, and throughout time, humans started recovering them, also causing a split of sides based on different mindsets, Templars and Assassins. The Templars were out to restore peace in the way the First Civilization had once done, forced by the Pieces, unlike the Assassins, that fought for freedom and a flawed humanity, putting free will above order.[7]"

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Unfortunately that's mostly how I'd describe the first Syndicate game, I got way more fun out of Syndicate Wars.

Stop that. The original Syndicate was great (on the Amiga, in 1993). No idea about the PC version though, it might not have aged gracefully in the 20 years (almost) since then. It was better with the American Revolt expansion.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

im playing skyrim, still having fun, still haven't seen everything, having a hard time sticking to one character long enough to reach level 20+

im also playing soul calibur 5. I liked soul calibur 1 and 2, hated 3 and skipped 4. 5 seems much closer in quality to part 1, which is a great compliment. seems like some reviewers were sad that there was no story mode. what kind of sadistic psycho wants to play a story mode in a 1v1 competitive fighting game? I would think most people would mark a fighting game down for wasting time with something like that.

do people give hockey games bad reviews if they don't have end bosses and romances?

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"Long before mankind existed, there was a technologically advanced civilization which inhabited Earth. They made humanity, and enslaved them by modifying their brain to be manipulable by Pieces of Eden. For that moment there was a forced peace, until Adam and Eve stole one of the Pieces, an Apple,[4] and started a war between the two species. Too occupied by the war to see the threat, a major solar flare impacted the Earth and significantly damaged both mankind and their makers, and as the people of First Civilization became extinct, mankind grew and populated the Earth, seeing their predecessors as myths and gods.[9][7][3]

The Pieces of Eden were not destroyed by the blast, and throughout time, humans started recovering them, also causing a split of sides based on different mindsets, Templars and Assassins. The Templars were out to restore peace in the way the First Civilization had once done, forced by the Pieces, unlike the Assassins, that fought for freedom and a flawed humanity, putting free will above order.[7]"

I think I just threw a little in my mouth after reading this "awesome" story...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

i was definitely interested to see what would happen with the AC series - but if the next game isn't a complete overhaul of the engine/features then i'm going to skip it. the gameplay is showing age and is getting stale.

i want this current generation to die so we can get a flush of new IP's with the next gen. I'm not seeing much on the horizon that looks appealing right now.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

im playing skyrim, still having fun, still haven't seen everything, having a hard time sticking to one character long enough to reach level 20+

im also playing soul calibur 5. I liked soul calibur 1 and 2, hated 3 and skipped 4. 5 seems much closer in quality to part 1, which is a great compliment. seems like some reviewers were sad that there was no story mode. what kind of sadistic psycho wants to play a story mode in a 1v1 competitive fighting game? I would think most people would mark a fighting game down for wasting time with something like that.

do people give hockey games bad reviews if they don't have end bosses and romances?

What! My Hockey 2012 game doesn't have the Big Bad Avalanche as the bad end boss team...and I don't have a romance with that sideline fan!!! Oh the Horrors!!!

PS: Just to clarify, no I actually do not play Hockey games in general (though I have played one or two of them...don't hold it against me) and the above statement is not in anyway serious. If you take it as serious you should be clobbered with a rubber Mighty Duck...well...Maybe a Rubber Howard the Duck...

In a totally weird burst of nostalgia, have fired up FFIX on the emulator. Still fun, though in a strangely detached way.

(The LP will not die, but I don't want to rush it. It'll come back.)

I'm not sure what to play next. Tomorrow Kingdoms of Amalur is released, I still have to start Skyrim, and I'm tempted to replay Dungeon Siege III, Alpha Protocol, Mass Effect 1 &2, Arkham City, and Resident Evil 5.

I'm leaning toward Amalur and Skyrim, since I've played the other games already at least once. But I'm not sure which one to start first.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Currently juggling my time between Skyrim and Old Republic and thoroughly enjoying both games. I've easily got over hundred hours in Skyrim and haven't touched the main quest since going to High Hrothgar. Would like to play Kingdoms of Amalur and Final Fantasy XIII-2 but there's just no time.

In a totally weird burst of nostalgia, have fired up FFIX on the emulator. Still fun, though in a strangely detached way.

I quite like the PS1 era (and SNES) Final Fantasies with all their faults, and even though I'm not a great JRPG lover. FFIX in particular has a wonderful atmosphere and really beautifully done world.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

But! But that's not-

Oh, okay then. :shifty:

I haven't played much lately. I played a few games of NHL12 as my created pro. Got my ass handed to me in 5 straight games. For some reason my team mates had apparently lost all ability to score when I stepped up to All-Star from Pro difficulty.

Other than that I started up Bastion and Avadon: The Black Fortress, but I haven't put more than a couple hours into either of those.

Edited by Deraldin

I was talking about the first Syndicate game.

And I still hate it. And I'm pretty tolerant when it comes to old games.

Bullfrog was a company with many good ideas, but the execution was often flawed. Syndicate is a prime example of that.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Been playing Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3. I LOVE THIS GAME <3 <3 <3. Absolute blast.

And after you're done ( in a few weeks of course :D), you're going to hate SEGA because they keep making new games in that universe only for PSP ;_;

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Dungeon Siege 3 at the moment. Got FFXIII-2 and DX:HR on standby (I've been away so I'm sorta catching up).

Prior to that it was War in the North, if you think Obsidian games are buggy check that one out. It's actually a very decent game, but I've never come across so many game breakers and broken quests before (ironically removing the patch pretty much fixed them,for me at least).

It's a piece of cake compared to DS3 but it has a really nice sense of scale which DS3 lacks.

Original Syndicate had a wonderful custom demo mission with the old Macformat mag, where you had to go around the city and "persuade" three of the magazine's journos, while getting attacked by cops and rival agents. Was probably the best level in the game, and was standalone! :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Decided to go with Skyrim. I'm VERY early in the game, but the dialogue reminds me of Oblivion. I'm not seeing any improvements.

It is a bit better than Oblivion but that's not really saying much. I still play it occaisionally, though.

Basically, the "old folks" are the personages upon which the idea of "gods" came from. They ran humanity and then (among other things) 2 human slaves (a man and a woman) managed to get away with one of the Pieces of Eden (the Apple, which is where the biblical eden story got it's start). Then a solar flare went off, and basically wiped out a lot of the life on the planet, leaving humanity to become the dominant species.

Then the story just goes all Deus Ex and splits things down the middle with "control" and "Freedom" as the two sides. The unfortunate thing is that, as they work on the plot, it becomes more and more and more out there. The first was good, mostly stuck inside it's territory, and didn't go flying off the handle with sci-fi/magic.... the second had more magic, brotherhood was more, and finally Revelations just decided "you know what? F-it, let's just make it ALL technology!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.