What are you playing now?

Gorth

RE 4 might have been a good action game but it was a very poor horror game.

i disagree!

http://en.wikipedia....rror_and_terror

resident evil 4 was not terrifying (like resident evil 1 often was), but it was plenty horrifying. the village chief, chainsaw villagers, del lago, those creepy chanting hooded guys in the castle etc etc were all horrifying in various degrees. the problem with the game is that there were few moments of terror because you knew that you could usually blast apart whatever horrors you would encounter. until that *thing* towards the end of the game that was nigh unstoppable and had to be run from.

there was definitely nothing remaining of the "survival" part of the originals though

That's the part I'm coming up on now, I think. I'm not looking forward to it. I prefer enemies I can shoot and kill.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

thankfully its not too long of a sequence, as opposed to RE3 where the nemesis was just always in the back of your head, or on screen chasing you...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Xcom still.

Part way through August now. I have two psionics laboratories that will be finished by the end of the week so I'll be able to start checking out the psi stats. I'm down to 4 non rookies and one of them is on the shelf for a couple weeks with an injury. A week in two battleships landed in north africa and I couldn't pass up the opportunity so I loaded up my Avenger with my three troopers and a full complement of rookies in order to storm the battleships. Thankfully they were only floaters.

I managed to take the first battleship with only two losses. The second one ended with six casualties as my reaction training line was nailed by an alien grenade, wiping out 6 more of them and causing 3/4s of the rest to either panic or go berserk. After getting them under control, those that remained stormed the battleship to avenge their comrades. Two more were taken out by a large explosion on the command deck while another was brought down to 4HP from a misaimed laser blast of a colleague who was attempting to save his three buddies in the hallway from a floater with a blaster launcher. He managed to take out the floater with a desperation snap shot when he ran out of TU's for auto shots.

I need a new load of recruits.

I finally beat Resident Evil 4 tonight. The Krauser battled was tougher than I thought, mainly because I tried the knifing strategy I saw people mention online. Didn't work for me. I'm terrible wtih the knife. But it didn't take long once I just went back to using my magnum. Also, Saddler is a lot easier than Salazar, in my opinion. Ada throwing you a special rocket launcher helps, but even without it I was doing major damage to him without him touching me. The jet ski ending annoyed me though.

I'm not sure whether I want to play Ada's mission, or take a break and go back to Assassin's Creed Revelations. I also have to start Skyrim; I bought that a while ago but haven't played it yet.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I need a new load of recruits.

Do you have access to alien blaster technology yet?

They make excellent "tin openers". One shot knocks a hole in the battleship, the second shot fired through the hole clears the way for the grunts :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've researched most things in the game at this point. There are a few aliens I haven't managed to get, but I think that is about it. Oddly enough I haven't seen a single Muton so far. I still need to locate another alien base so I can get the last mission. I've had all the weapons for almost two months now and am sitting on a pile of 150 scientists that have nothing to research.

I've researched most things in the game at this point. There are a few aliens I haven't managed to get, but I think that is about it. Oddly enough I haven't seen a single Muton so far. I still need to locate another alien base so I can get the last mission. I've had all the weapons for almost two months now and am sitting on a pile of 150 scientists that have nothing to research.

Hehe, time to cut down on research expenses. Now I feel tempted to play this game again, although I've started new games before, I tend to drift towards X-Com 3. Maybe it is time to visit Cydonia again and visit some righteous retribution on the master brain :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Anyone know what the status of the new Me

Hehe, time to cut down on research expenses. Now I feel tempted to play this game again, although I've started new games before, I tend to drift towards X-Com 3. Maybe it is time to visit Cydonia again and visit some righteous retribution on the master brain :)

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Played the Jagged Alliance - Back in Action demo. Finished the tutorial and started the demo mission (secret lab in Orta). The map is pretty big, but graphic looks good and sound is fine too, imo. What I noticed is that the controls annoy me. Especially that I can't zoom in / out as I wish, etc. makes me feel as if I can't see a lot. And then you'll have to move the view with WASD and not with the mouse... But maybe I am not yet used to it...

Now seriously. Giving items from one character to the next is this: Click on the merc, move mouse to right side of the screen, click "share" button, then click on the other merc and now a window pops up where you move items from one merc to the other. Could have been done A LOT more simple and less click-heavy, imo...

Combat seems hard. So far I had no battle yet in which I survived without getting wounded. The combat system itself doesn't help it much either... I just hate to press pause all the time and see where my men are, where the enemies are, that I have to click for every(?) shoot action, etc.

But yea, graphic is good looking in the game. I even don't mind the character faces that much anymore. From all Jagged Alliance-like games which had been released in the past years (Brigade E5, 7.62, Hired Guns, etc) I find this one to be the closest one to a real JA game. Though, not yet sure if this is only due to the same mercs or because it feels much more polished than these other 3D real time with pause JA-inspired games.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I decided to play through Ada's assignment. So much less frustrating not having to tote around a useless baggage (Ashley) and not have to worry about having her die on me. :)

There's a little viral game going around based on SCP-087. If you really want to find it, Google will be your friend.

Gave it a try and was jumping at shadows by floor 30.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Xcom update!

It's not September and I'm finally getting my guys started on psionics training. I can only hope that at least some of them show some aptitude for not being mind controlled. I'm pretty sure that my captain isn't too shabby which I am grateful for as he is a one man alien murdering machine right now. He was one of two soldiers I had on a mission earlier in the month that did not end up mind controlled at some point.

August went pretty well. My monthly rating was 11,408, but I lost all my Nigerian 419 income. Apparently they weren't happy about the alien base that was set up on the 30th that I couldn't get to because my transport was still being repaired after shooting down a battleship on an alien base mission. Apparently I didn't get it in time. And the crappy thing is that I think the base is a snakeman base. I really don't want to go fight a bunch of chrysalids in tight corridors. >_>

There's a little viral game going around based on SCP-087. If you really want to find it, Google will be your friend.

Gave it a try and was jumping at shadows by floor 30.

Not sure I would call this a game. It seems to be nothing more than endlessly walking down a stairwell.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I tried to load up my current play through of Assassin's Creed Revelations, but just couldn't get into it. I don't know what it is ... those Desmond Miles Tetris-like sections really sapped me of my interest. Plus the story just isn't that appealing or deep to keep my interest.

Almost done the Ada story in RE4. After that, I'll either move on to Skyrim, or return to Batman Arkham City to finish my New Game+,

Worms. Addictive, fun and you can play a few rounds in 15-20 minutes.

Gorth and his henchworms shall rule the tournament chart. Cry Havok and let lose the Worms in Paradise!

Went back to playing Nier, reminded why I don't like it. This game was, is, and probably will be even more so, sooooo overhyped it's not even funny. This game seems to suffer from almost every type of gameplay mistake/problem. Shooting on a console with no autolock...or even an aiming reticle (no autolock is doable as long as I KNOW where I'm actually shooting). Action combat without being able to see who is what or where, especially behind you or have any awareness of what's even to your side at times...and camera going wonky on you.

Story is fine...but the gameplay blows...hard.

The only major coverage it seemed to get was about the fact that it has a different design for the protagonist in Japan and the US. A big bulky man looking for his daughter for US. And a skinnier guy looking for his sister (maybe) for Japan.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Borderlands.

Went down an elevator to pick up some weapons to sell. Go up. Die for no reason what-so-ever. Had to pay 5000 to make 500.

Good thing money's so worthless, I keep loosing tons when getting killed by the bosses (early on never, now later usually once, very rarely twice).

Also wondered why I have the GOTY and there are still little nitpickity bugs that irk me. No one ever thought to fix up the +ammo capacity skill (assault?)/vehicle bug? (You get about 6 additional bullets maxed out. But when leaving a vehicle it's loaded at the original max. So each time you exit a vehicle you have to reload to fill up the rifle. It's Soooooo annoying)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee