What are you playing now?

Gorth

anybody play ArmA2 (ACE/ACRE) on a regular basis?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

QUOTE (WDeranged @ Jan 27 2012, 07:40 AM)

The sequel is just as good, or at least I enjoyed both games equally, great mood.

There are two particularly poignant moments in the game, but for the rest I found it far inferior the first. There's no longer the mystery of the first game and the locations are more generic while in the first game they were all so atmospheric and quirky "warped history".

QUOTE (Drowsy Emperor @ Jan 27 2012, 06:50 AM)

Finished Syberia. Beautiful game, particularly towards the end. It gets an easy 9/10 from me.

Syberia 1&2 are practically the only significant and memorable post-2000 point&click games until Gray Matter came out. Adventure games nowadays are still churned out by the dozens, but either fail to succesfully emulate their great predecessors or are just utterly forgettable.

There's of course also Dreamfall, but that one's memorable only for being a huge trainwreck.

Methinks that there could be no really fitting sequel to Syberia as the quest (for the mammoths) and its hypothetical resolution is never really the point of the tale. Rather the power of the story comes from the journey itself, the courage to leave an old life behind and give into some romantic adventure, inner passion or pure wanderlust. Any true resolution in a plot sense would let the whole thing down a and is unnecessary.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

anyone have a 3ds? im thinking of maybe getting one for resident evil revelations, of course, maybe if i wait a year it will get a console "hd" release...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

There wasn't any part of TW2 where I was so consistently delighted by how simultaneous plot threads resolved. In place of that thematic content, the sequel instead offered a lot of politics, which is a much tougher sell in terms of getting emotional buy-in from the player.

About this point, I feel the Iorveth path to be a bit better than Roche's one. Less politics, a bit more investigations. But of course, there is not much introspection neither ( a bit in the succubus quest).

I can undestand you want to wait for the EE if this is coming soon, yet.

My housemate/lodger has started playing <i>Torchlight</i>. It's almost eerie not hearing Fallout New Vegas noises every time I come home.

I spent quite a few hours on the pc with Torchlight and have recently purchased it for my Xbox and after about 15 minutes of figuring out the controls, I have to say that it's a great loot game to play on the Xbox where there doesn't appear to be many. Or maybe it's the simpleness of the game that draws my attention.

anyone have a 3ds? im thinking of maybe getting one for resident evil revelations, of course, maybe if i wait a year it will get a console "hd" release...

I'm just going to wait for them to port it over to the 360 or something.

Also, Assassin's Creed Revelations was going okay until I came across those Desmond Miles' memory sections. WTF?! Who was the genius who thought that would be a good addition to the Assassin's Creed series? It's like I'm suddenly playing a mutated version of Tetris.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Trying to beat Xcom for the very first time. It did not start well with 5 of my starting 8 soldiers dying on the very first mission before they even spotted the alien that was shooting them. It didn't help that only one of the other three soldiers was able to actually kill an alien with the standard rifle. Everyone else seemed to have their shots plink off the Sectoids massive heads. That was followed up with a base defence at the start of february. Not nearly as bad as it could have been. I lost 5 of 12 soldiers on that one, but one died to a fatal wound I didn't realize he had (I swear he was never hit though!) and another died on the last turn to a cyber disk that was hiding above the entrance to my hanger.

Other than those I've been pretty lucky. I didn't run into my first Chrysalid until after I had flying suits and all three alien bases I've blown up have been floater bases so no mind control and no Chrysalids in tight corridors. The US and Canada both signed pacts with the aliens. This is all revenge for locating my second base in Cuba isn't it...

Nothing, no time, except for running FM2012 in the background sometimes. Hoping to finish BG1 soon for the LP, before Crusader Kings 2 takes over completely.

I just started up The Last Remnant. I thought "hmm, this shouldn't take too long, I'll be done with it by the time Amalur launches."

Then I checked How Long to Beat. That's a negative, Ghost Rider.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

started up resident evil 1 for the first time since i bought in 1996? tonight. thoughts: damn i suck at games now, this is hella hard!

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I just started up The Last Remnant. I thought "hmm, this shouldn't take too long, I'll be done with it by the time Amalur launches."

Then I checked How Long to Beat. That's a negative, Ghost Rider.

Well, you could be finished in 10 hours. I lost interest in the game that quickly, traded it and never played the rest of it.

started up resident evil 1 for the first time since i bought in 1996? tonight. thoughts: damn i suck at games now, this is hella hard!

Heh, you picked Chris as your character, didn't you? Chris is the hard mode in the game and Jill the normal.

One of my all time favorite games :)

Trying to beat Xcom for the very first time. It did not start well with 5 of my starting 8 soldiers dying on the very first mission before they even spotted the alien that was shooting them. It didn't help that only one of the other three soldiers was able to actually kill an alien with the standard rifle. Everyone else seemed to have their shots plink off the Sectoids massive heads. That was followed up with a base defence at the start of february. Not nearly as bad as it could have been. I lost 5 of 12 soldiers on that one, but one died to a fatal wound I didn't realize he had (I swear he was never hit though!) and another died on the last turn to a cyber disk that was hiding above the entrance to my hanger.

Other than those I've been pretty lucky. I didn't run into my first Chrysalid until after I had flying suits and all three alien bases I've blown up have been floater bases so no mind control and no Chrysalids in tight corridors. The US and Canada both signed pacts with the aliens. This is all revenge for locating my second base in Cuba isn't it...

Trying to beat it or playing it for the very first time?

A few tactical hints: Autofire is your friend when using automatic guns. So is using the button that reserves enough action points for an interrupt (overwatch) if your marines spot an alien. The ufopedia gives a few hints for some of the aliens as to what their weaknesses and strengths are (cyberdisks and those big twolegged ones). Proximity grenades are a great invention when you need to cover your back. There is nothing embarrassing in using smoke screens if caught out in the open :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I wan't to play Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil and BG:Dark Alliance 2 but I have to study the Political Sociology of Contemporary Society

fuuuuuu121.jpg

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I've been specifically avoiding any large open world games after Skyrim destroyed my social life and sleeping pattern, I do have Fallout 2 installed and I'm nibbling a few hours off it each week but mostly I'm playing old Nintendo games and reading books.

Trying to beat it or playing it for the very first time?

A few tactical hints: Autofire is your friend when using automatic guns. So is using the button that reserves enough action points for an interrupt (overwatch) if your marines spot an alien. The ufopedia gives a few hints for some of the aliens as to what their weaknesses and strengths are (cyberdisks and those big twolegged ones). Proximity grenades are a great invention when you need to cover your back. There is nothing embarrassing in using smoke screens if caught out in the open :)

Trying to beat. I've played it a few times before but always quit before getting to Mars.

The only thing that I haven't been using so far are smoke grenades. Regular grenades have come in handy a few times for clearing out small UFO's where everyone survived being shot down somehow. The reserve time units button is my best friend. Finally I think it's about time that I assign some heavy plasmas to my troops. Laser rifles are starting to show their age now that ethereals are begining to appear.

im bouncing between new vegas, UMvC3, and Resident Evil 1 - depending on what mood i'm in.

I put AC Revelations away for a bit -- got turned off by those stupid Desmond sections -- and am playing the HD 360 version of Resident Evil 4. Fun game, but like the previous RE games before RE5, the shooting is awkward because of how the character turns. The enemies would be a breeze if the shooting wasn't so clunky, but I guess that's part of the "scary" factor.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i think night of the living dead would not have been very scary if the main character had been John Matrix.

i think "action horror" is a good way to describe re4, its not a pure action game, but at least your character has enough bullets to kill his enemies

I picked up where I left off in Fallout 3. I haven't played any games in the past few weeks.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Also ... it's been a while since I played RE4 for the PS2, so re-playing it on the 360 now has reminded me just how friggin' useless Ashley is to lug around. It seems like the only times I actually "die" in this game is not when I (Leon) am killed, but when the screaming little brat gets killed because she's too stupid to move.