What are you playing now?

Just finished up Planescape: Torment. What an incredible journey that is. It's too bad the Curst/Carceri/Baator sections kinda suck compared to everything else, but still... man, what a great game. Absolutely amazing. *golfclap*

Dunno what to play now.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Well, one of the annoying things about Arkham City is it's always "OMG B-MAN! YOU HAVE TO SAVE US!" Every... single... mission, so you're rushed along and don't feel like you can do the side missions >.>

I noticed that, too. It almost seems like the game is set up to do the main story first, then after that's done do the side missions. The only problem is they're a huge source of experience points, and without doing/completing them your character might not be a high enough level to do well against the boss fights in the main story.

On a side note: I'm kicking myself for buying the Robin bundle. I thought he'd have a quest or two in the main game, like Catwoman does. Instead, it seems the only time you can use him is in those challenge maps that's outside the main game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Jedi Outcast

Got to Nar Shadda. As is tradition, given that it's filled with snipers, bottomless pits, and platforming, quicksave/load is abused until I accidentally quicksave while falling. And quit the game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, one of the annoying things about Arkham City is it's always "OMG B-MAN! YOU HAVE TO SAVE US!" Every... single... mission, so you're rushed along and don't feel like you can do the side missions >.>

I noticed that, too. It almost seems like the game is set up to do the main story first, then after that's done do the side missions. The only problem is they're a huge source of experience points, and without doing/completing them your character might not be a high enough level to do well against the boss fights in the main story.

On a side note: I'm kicking myself for buying the Robin bundle. I thought he'd have a quest or two in the main game, like Catwoman does. Instead, it seems the only time you can use him is in those challenge maps that's outside the main game.

Nah you only need the gadgets that you get during the story,e everything else you get during level ups is just bonus.

And? He's quite fun in combat and predator.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Jedi Outcast

Got to Nar Shadda. As is tradition, given that it's filled with snipers, bottomless pits, and platforming, quicksave/load is abused until I accidentally quicksave while falling. And quit the game.

Jedi Academy is better in every way. Plus if you go dark side, you get to kick Kyle "Carth" Katarn's whiny ass.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

FNV and testing stuff for my mod in BG2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Jedi Outcast

You quicksaved while falling???

You should at least have a hard save point every few jumps though!

Jedi Academy is better in every way. Plus if you go dark side, you get to kick Kyle "Carth" Katarn's whiny ass.

And kill that whiney kid, too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Jedi Outcast

Ehh. I remember trying the demo out for Academy back in the day, and it felt too much the same as Outcast so I skipped it. But I'll be giving it a shot after I finish this play of Outcast.

Jedi Outcast

Yeah right,maybe in absurdistan .

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Jedi Outcast

Except level design, dialogue, acting at some parts...

And Kyle never whines.

played and finished Bastion over the weekend, that was a really great game, and $5 VERY well spent.

i wish i had known what all the weapons would be when i started, because i spent a bunch of money upgrading weapons only to replace them shortly after with ones i liked better, but in the end it didn't much

i hope they make a sequel, i'd love to play a version with even more weapons/upgrades, and new worlds to let their great art style shine

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i didnt really like the catwoman sections very much, and feel that AA was better in almost every way than AC, still, City was great, and by no means a bad game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

AC > AA.

Just defeated the Cobblepot and right now I'm in an underground base to track down some assassin. Not sure how far I am.

Catwoman....boy don't get me started. I really wonder how many animation sets they put into this game. You can keep screwing up bad guys and never stop being amazed by discovering new cool animations.

This is why animations contribute to the "life-likeness" of a game so much more than mere texture-resolution or shader fidelity. People really are looking at the wrong things.

I can't even wait what's in store when Xbox Next and PS4 arrive.

Edited by Morgoth

Downloading To the Moon. Apparently a few places list it as one of the best overlooked games of the year. And Gamespot editors called it Story of the Year, while nominating it in a few other story and music categories. Pretty good for a small indie adventure. I'll let you guys know what I think after I give it a good whirl.

Bleach-Soul-Resurreccion-Box-Art.jpg

Bleach Soul Ressurection is a third person hack and slash in the vein of Dynasty Warriors and Sengoku Basara. It's based on the long running anime during the Arrancar/Vizard arc. Sounds like it'd be a match made in heaven with Hollow's flying everywhere, Super powers snapping off, the Soul Society going crazy right? Well no, the long and short of it is that it feels like the developers don't quite have a grasp of what makes something like Dynasty Warriors fun (at least, in my personal view). The combat feels jerky, with very little in options for combo's (no XXXY combo for example). Instead it's all based around single button strings for combos. I suppose a higher level player could find a few combo's that work, but they'd feel jerky because of how the animations would play out.

Bleach_Soul_Resurreccion_02.jpg

Not everyone can get smacked into a building like that

Now then, Characters are varied, with all the major fighters from the arc (well, except for Renji and the evil scientists), each playing somewhat differently. The game design for their progression however is... painful. You remember the Sphere Grid from FFX? Basically the leveling up system is that with the options of either 5 basic upgrades (attack, spiritual pressure, health, defense, or limit breaks) or unlocking a character. Ok, not actually a character, they couldn't seem to fit in the various other fan favorites (Kisuke Urahara for example, isn't on the roster), so instead they added them as upgrades that allow various different actions. For example, Ichigo can unlock Urahara and get the ability to do a quick counter if you time the attack correctly, other "characters" tend to provide more static buffs.

Urahara_by_Logannaruto.jpg

Who doesn't love a good fight?

As you can see in the screenshot above (not the face, above that!) the game is GORGEOUS. Cell Shading makes the entire thing look very much like an anime, and honestly would probably be a good way to go in general for the industry for more outrageous games, particularly anime (anyone remember the original DBZ:Budokai look? Yeah...). The Cell Shading also provides a very much less taxing way to show these off compared to more "realistic" engines (like Unreal) so the entire game RUNS fantastically. Also it makes exploding buildings, sand dunes, or people, look like they actually took a BAD hit. A nice touch is that if your characters get their asses handed to them, the characters model starts to show the dust and damage from the fight.

Hollow-Ichigo-hollow-ichigo-20095036-600-865.jpg

Entirely Playable baby!

Now, here's the downfall of this game, there's actually less content than you may think. The "story" runs from Ichigos arrival at the Arrancar palace, until the defeat of Aizen, but it doesn't really have much of a connection between the missions so you need to have watched the anime to understand wtf is going on. Added onto this are a mission mode, and a semi-competative mode where you kill as much as you can for points. I managed to do the entire story in about 4 hours overall (no, I'm not kidding), and have done a couple of very samey missions. The game just doesn't have that much of a hook to it, and you feel either VASTLY overpowered, or REDICULOUSLY underpowered depending on the situation (basically you can flick on your "limit break" (not the technical name) and get an upgrade to your stats, which lets you throttle anyone nearby, but if you face a boss without it? eewww). The story's length is particularly annoying when you consider just how long the arc was in the series, and how many fights there were, and yet you're left with 12(!) missions to compress that entire story. For non-viewers, there were about 100 episodes for the arc, along with some 20 odd fights. Most of the fights not in the game were skipped because of the roster limitations, but some of the omissions are just.. bad. You don't get Ryujin Jakka (Old Man Yamamoto), any of the lieutenants, Komamura, or any of the Vizards.

There was SO much potential for this, but in the end, the game just feels like a cash in... at least Mugen Ichigo is unlockable.

>.> was writing a review for another board... but I'll just leave this here

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

i didnt really like the catwoman sections very much, and feel that AA was better in almost every way than AC, still, City was great, and by no means a bad game.

Well if i had to score them i would score AC lower that AA because it's more of the same BUT i like more that AA. I can't even play AA anymore after AC. It feels worse and it doesn't offer anything better or more fun.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Dunno if I mentioned I finished Drakensang: the River of Time a while back.

Its an excellent game, especially for someone who's just gotten into RPG's.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.