RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Guess this is 'oproof psoitive' that BIO's name has taken a huge hit because of the socalled 'failure'm of 2mil+ seller DA2. So much so that EA is using the BIO logo to sell other people's trash. I won't fall for such a sucker move EA. I doubt this C&C is gonna be anything resmebling a BIO EDM game. I've tried C&C in the past a bit not really my kinda game.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guess this is 'oproof psoitive' that BIO's name has taken a huge hit because of the socalled 'failure'm of 2mil+ seller DA2.

I'm pretty sure people are calling it a failure because of the content and not because of the sales.. In a sense it's a compliment to Bioware, since the game is better than what usually come out from other companies, but was inferior (in a lot of people's opinion) to what was expected from Bio.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm pretty sure people are calling it a failure because of the content and not because of the sales..

I'd call it a failure due to its sales, though mainly because its predecessor did so well. Losing nearly 50% of your sales from the previous title doesn't usually spell success.

Though, wasn't this supposed to be a new IP?

I think that's conflation- Bioware Montreal is the one doing the new IP and this is being done by a different (pre-existing but rebadged) studio with us previously knowing nothing about it?

"I'd call it a failure due to its sales, though mainly because its predecessor did so well. Losing nearly 50% of your sales from the previous title doesn't usually spell success."

It does when the cost and time spent on the game is cut in haklf. Also, as its well know, sequels often don't do as well as originals. This is very true in the movie industry but is also an occurance in video games. There are, of course,e xceptions of series that gain steam.

Still, when the cost and time spent on a game is less than half that of the original, it likely won't need to sell as much to be successful. DA2 sold 2mil+ in a month which is nothing to be shamed about.

DA1 took 6+ years to make (5 years of likely development time) while DA2 took 2-3 years and was likely a heck of a lot cheaper to produce.

Yet, it's still as good as DA1.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

not everyone is volo.

We are all Volo.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I think that's conflation- Bioware Montreal is the one doing the new IP and this is being done by a different (pre-existing but rebadged) studio with us previously knowing nothing about it?

Well, GameInformer, which had the exclusive on the original teaser image, called it a brand new franchise. May just be a mistake on their part since Spike's website said nothing about the IP. Time will tell.

I was just reminded Jon Van Caneghem is at the helm of this new 'BioWare' studio.

Further fuelling the rumour of BioWare's involvement with the Command and Conquer project was a LinkedIn profile update, reported by Kotaku but since removed from the business networking site, indicating that a user-interface artist works for "a BioWare studio called Victory Games", based near LA.

In an interview posted on the Command and Conquer website earlier this year, Victory Games' general manager Jon Van Caneghem announced that his team would be working on a new C&C title for PC and that a more formal announcement would follow later in the year. Van Caneghem also revealed that Victory Games has offices in various locations, including LA.

http://au.games.ign.com/articles/121/1213223p1.html

So EA got the father of M&M together with BioWare and somehow decided they should be making a C&C sequel >_<

Edited by Masterfade

I am Alive not coming to PC due to piracy

Well, given that AC:Revelations is out a week in advance, I suppose he's got a point.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You know, due to the most retarded DRM scheme ever, is now every group, their mothers and their dogs after Ubisoft. Getting their games cracked as first is now something like Platinum Trophy for the scene :lol:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Ego thing more than some stance on the DRM itself, I forget which group but they had the "Better luck next time, Ubi!" in the notes for one of the first 'always on' DRM game - AC2 if I recall.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yup, ego plays big role in it as well, breaking their and Blizzards always on DRMs is pretty big boost to their egos for them...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Ubisoft is bipolar, on one hand it spews a lot of PC hate and piracy BS, on the other hand it's one of the few major publishers that still releases PC exclusives that aren't MMOs. Anno2070, if it were a EA/ Acti release would be multiplatform most likely never even considered due to not appealing to the right focus groups or if it were considered would be turned into Anno Post-Modern Warfare or similar.

i could go for a fun rts, when is the next starcraft expansion coming?

taken from the Heart of the Swarm/SC2 website

It

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ego thing more than some stance on the DRM itself, I forget which group but they had the "Better luck next time, Ubi!" in the notes for one of the first 'always on' DRM game - AC2 if I recall.

Surely there has to be something more. If I were willing to crack my PS3 OS (which I'm NOT), I could d/l their games for the PS3 also. Those console versions even get more hits on the d/l's then the PC versions. Don't D/L any of them (though normally I'm browsing for cracks for my legit PC versions which are hampered by the anti-piracy measures the companies take, which ironically make me go to the pirates to look for solutions because the companies can't even troubleshoot their own tech problems they created with their DRM as well as the Pirates can), but to focus so strongly on the PC side when the console side is actually hotter right now...shows someone either has their head up their rear end and have NO idea about the true piracy market right now...OR their trying to blow smoke up my rear end and failing.

I suspect the real reason is they've KILLED their own PC market with their stupid DRM schemes and now it isn't even worth the money for them to invest in a PC port.

Surely there has to be something more. If I were willing to crack my PS3 OS (which I'm NOT), I could d/l their games for the PS3 also. Those console versions even get more hits on the d/l's then the PC versions. Don't D/L any of them (though normally I'm browsing for cracks for my legit PC versions which are hampered by the anti-piracy measures the companies take, which ironically make me go to the pirates to look for solutions because the companies can't even troubleshoot their own tech problems they created with their DRM as well as the Pirates can), but to focus so strongly on the PC side when the console side is actually hotter right now...shows someone either has their head up their rear end and have NO idea about the true piracy market right now...OR their trying to blow smoke up my rear end and failing.

I suspect the real reason is they've KILLED their own PC market with their stupid DRM schemes and now it isn't even worth the money for them to invest in a PC port.

It isn't.

PC is way more convinient and it takes effort and setbacks to "hack" consoles.

Of course that changes nothing that its still a **** move and retarded in multiple ways.

I thought we had a separate piracy thread, but since I'm apparently mistaken lets just say that I assume a sold/pirated ratio is a lot more interesting to the publishers than total pirated.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif