RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Guess this is 'oproof psoitive' that BIO's name has taken a huge hit because of the socalled 'failure'm of 2mil+ seller DA2. So much so that EA is using the BIO logo to sell other people's trash. I won't fall for such a sucker move EA. I doubt this C&C is gonna be anything resmebling a BIO EDM game. I've tried C&C in the past a bit not really my kinda game.

Maybe we should wait and see the sale data of Bioware's C&C before we judge the merit and implication of the whole "let's put a Bioware logo on it" business. EA could think that Bioware logo helps games to sell and that the name alone estabilish a good reputation for those games, but the "succes" of the Warhammer MMO seems to proove the opposite. For what is worth, I'm a long term Bioware fan. I've bought and played all their games except Sonic and enjoyyed most of them to different degrees with the exception of DA2. I will never buy a C&C game since I could not care less about MP. You seem to be in the same camp. What else to say... EA is not known for its insight on gamers.

Edited by meomao

35 people? That's not massive? L0L

Pre-Production teams alway start smaller. Unless SE outsources the bulk of the game somewhere else.

Yeah, that's a pretty large pre-pro team.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I was just reminded Jon Van Caneghem is at the helm of this new 'BioWare' studio.

Further fuelling the rumour of BioWare's involvement with the Command and Conquer project was a LinkedIn profile update, reported by Kotaku but since removed from the business networking site, indicating that a user-interface artist works for "a BioWare studio called Victory Games", based near LA.

In an interview posted on the Command and Conquer website earlier this year, Victory Games' general manager Jon Van Caneghem announced that his team would be working on a new C&C title for PC and that a more formal announcement would follow later in the year. Van Caneghem also revealed that Victory Games has offices in various locations, including LA.

http://au.games.ign.com/articles/121/1213223p1.html

So EA got the father of M&M together with BioWare and somehow decided they should be making a C&C sequel :p

I wouldn't write it off, it could be the best facebook integrated turn based strategy game ever.

are we talking, baldurs gate multiplayer? or the kind of multiplayer that uses up so much in development resources that the single player game becomes a joke?

neverwinter nights, im looking at you.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i feel like volourn should get some kind of medal or recognition for his reliability.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i feel like volourn should get some kind of medal or recognition for his reliability.

He's probably paid for by Bioware.

BioWare should at least include a Volourn NPC in their next game.

Heh... He doesn't deserve that glory, unless I can shoots him in the face.

Sorry, they fixed the killable NPCs bug back in 2003.

zing!

courtesy of Josh Sawyer's twitter. game does look pretty cool, can't wait for the whole thing. gives out a proper cyberpunk vibe

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That's not really the point, but oh well, I figured I'd check here if any were interested.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.develop-online.net/news/39257/E...dio-acquisition

"While developing social RPG experiences, we held BioWare as a role model for storytelling and game design,

Looks like EA it's making BW the new social experience, in your face people who said that the future in "The Gamer" wasn't going to happen.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

And just in time for that Christmas season, and that spirit of good will on earth and to all men.. - Left Behind: Eternal Forces

A game that's all set to ship to around 10,000 retailers across America, aimed to be a "beacon of light that could shine in the dark world of video games", where the player is a member of a "christian gang" in a post-apocalyptic New York and you have to convert or kill jews, athiests and other unsavoury types in the employ of the Anti-Christ to advance a level.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Oct 30th 2006 10:28AM

Kind of late there, buddy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."