What you did today

Tale

It's good to see you back here Tarna, I don't know you from Adam but over the past few weeks I've found myself randomly wishing you well, welcome back :lol:

This quite reflects my sentiments, as well. Rooting for you.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm rooting for you, Tarna. Here's hoping those scans in a couple months will be positive news.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Keep fighting Tarna, we're all thinking of you!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So right after work I'm heading to Palm Springs for the weekend with the family, and we are staying in a timeshare with another family. I'm not really excited about it, sadly, but hopefully I'll get into by tomorrow. It's a 7 hour drive, so we won't get in until after 11 tonight. I'm going to miss the release of Skyrim too :lol:

So right after work I'm heading to Palm Springs for the weekend with the family, and we are staying in a timeshare with another family. I'm not really excited about it, sadly, but hopefully I'll get into by tomorrow. It's a 7 hour drive, so we won't get in until after 11 tonight. I'm going to miss the release of Skyrim too :lol:

pretend to fall really ill

hire driver to take family to palm springs

get skyrim

have house to yourself and skyrim

enjoy

pretend to fall really ill

hire driver to take family to palm springs

get skyrim

have house to yourself and skyrim

enjoy

I thought of that! My wife can tell I was thinking about a stunt like that, and so she said I might get lucky this weekend. She knows how to motivate me, what can I say. I'll take 15 minutes in the sack for a weekend of Skyrim any day.

Come on, man! Where the hell are your priorities. You'd rather go for a little nookie than a weekend of uninterupted gaming? I mean... well.... I guess I'm with you on that.

Just now getting ready to down some booze. Like Pavlov's dogs at the end of the day. Got to be careful not to drunk post, though. :Cant's wry grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Making a backup of steam game directory (everything else already redundant enough) and then a mirror /image of the whole drive in case I need to do a disc format later (for ease).

Cooking some steaks for dinner.

Watching hubby play Rage. It looks really nice on the 50" plasma TV (a lot better than Borderlands did).

Waiting for Skyrim.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Having a good laugh at being told my Germany football shirt isn't appropriate for Rememberance Day. Other than that, fantastic Friday - which means that sadly my weekend will be crap.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I really meant to work from home today. It's a holiday that I get off, but the wife doesn't, and I've got a big tedious project that has to be done by the end of the month, so I planned to put some time in and try to get a little ahead of schedule (or, more accurately, a little less-behind-schedule). And now it's almost 1PM and I haven't opened document 1.

I'm getting close to giving up on the search for motivation and going to the grocery store instead. At least if I have a nice dinner waiting for her when she comes home, I can't be said to have wasted the whole day.

Observed the two minute silence, albeit with a hangover. Made me think about all the poor sods who died wanting a drink, and how many thousands or even tens of thousands who died 'dry', Methodists, Muslims etc. All churned up by the wars. Wars do change, Fallout notwithstanding, or at least they take the people who fight them by surprise. I thought about what the next big one would be like.

Am now listening to excellent radio adaptation of Len Deighton's Bomber on the BBC. Mixed drama and real people talking. Bomber command, luftwaffe, ground crews, German civilians...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I grilled some venison (marinated in whisky, garlic, olive oil, onion powder, and salt) with mushrooms & zuchinni for dinner. I just poured a glass of nine year old bourbon (Knob Creek of course) with two ice cubes and now I'm gonna play fallout New Vegas. Ceaser's boys better watch out, I'm coming in loaded!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Friend of mine tried his hand at brewing his own whiskey. Do you brew whiskey? Is there some other term I should be using? Either way, it was surprisingly decent. I'm no expert and usually stick to mainstream whiskeys like Jack, but he did a pretty good job.

Had a two or three glasses of that and played Gears of War 3. Good night.

I grilled some venison (marinated in whisky, garlic, olive oil, onion powder, and salt) with mushrooms & zuchinni for dinner. I just poured a glass of nine year old bourbon (Knob Creek of course) with two ice cubes and now I'm gonna play fallout New Vegas. Ceaser's boys better watch out, I'm coming in loaded!

That's what I'd call a good day. In fact, it inspired me to do the city-bound grad student version of it today, making some hot dogs, then pour myself a tumbler of Auchentoshan Three Wood and play a yet-undetermined game. :)

Friend of mine tried his hand at brewing his own whiskey. Do you brew whiskey? Is there some other term I should be using? Either way, it was surprisingly decent. I'm no expert and usually stick to mainstream whiskeys like Jack, but he did a pretty good job.

I think that at that point, it's usually called Moonshine? :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif